CAMDEN vs. LEWIS

Stat_pack1

I really appreciate most of the Camden and Lewis County fans for being respectful. It shows why these two teams are by FAR the best of this region.

Now if I may interject a few thoughts.

It is very hard to gauge how the two teams match up because they both have run the region schedule with precision and have had little challenges in doing so. My opinion is that Camden has more talent. But that has usually been the case with Lewis County in big games.

The 9-0 record of Lewis County is an anomaly in that the region is so, so weak that good teams were simply going to run the schedule roughshod. You have two really good teams, one good team, two average teams and four of the weakest Class AA teams in the state in this region.

Everyone can predict scores, that's part of it. But usually in big games like this, turnovers and special teams make the differance. Camden wins the special teams hands down so Lewis County is going to have to play error free and create turnovers. They are quite capable of that but so is Camden so let's just see what happens and enjoy the ride.

I will say this though. The incredibly weak region is not going to help any of the top three teams come playoff time and that's a fact! It would have been nice to get some challenges from 4-5 or 6 teams instead of 2. Good luck to all.

Weak region or not, you've got to admit that Camden starts off with two of the toughest games in AA against Westview and Huntingdon. They obviously don't mind challenging themselves with some non-region play. Oh, and by the way, they lost a heartbreaker to Westview by one point and beat Huntingdon.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

papa, let go, the waverly/LC game is long over, waverly lost, weather it be by 1 point, 24 points or 50 points. you don't get points for standing toe to toe, you only get points for scoring, something waverly COULD NOT do on Lewis County's defense.

Camden plays Riverside this week, lets hope it is a safe and injury free game, as for the Camden / LC game I think it will be one of the best, two top ten programs that look like they are poised to stay that way with all the youth they play. if the tssaa does not change the regions again, this will become one the best and well known rivalries in the state :lol:

I have let it go. But when you want to say Waverly is weak, then I have to take up for the boys. They are not weak. My point is that Waverly played Lewis close showing they are not weak. No they are not where they need to be, but they are well on their way. Waverly lost to LEwis and Camden, but Waverly did stand a better chance to win against Lewis.

Edited by papatiger

Just to let everyone know (in case you didn't already) that it doesn't matter if your defense wins the games, or your offense, a win is a win. Waverly didn't score, LC's D stopped them everytime, so they should pipe down because this isn't a waverly thread, because they got SMOKED by BOTH teams... How are you to know which team is better when they both have absolutely thrashed the rest of the region? The winner will be the team that brings it harder at 7pm until it's over, no matter if it's LC or Camden.

Mainly because Lewis didn't smoke Waverly. Like it or not. Last post on this subject. I will not answer no replys to this, because obviously the Camden people know what I'm talking about and Lewis people are just, well Lewis people.

Edited by papatiger

Mainly because Lewis didn't smoke Waverly. Like it or not. Last post on this subject. I will not answer no replys to this, because obviously the Camden people know what I'm talking about and Lewis people are just, well Lewis people.

That was just plain rude; no one says anything bad about the people in fellow town's on COACHT. Especially, whenever you lose to them! Grow up; you lost, please get over this fact of life! It's is annoying to the entire region that you even consider yourself in the same caliber as Lewis County this year.Please can we focus on the task at hand for the following weeks, I am not giving a prediction for a reason, it only shows respect for the Riverside team to not let the entire region overlook this game.

That was just plain rude; no one says anything bad about the people in fellow town's on COACHT. Especially, whenever you lose to them! Grow up; you lost, please get over this fact of life! It's is annoying to the entire region that you even consider yourself in the same caliber as Lewis County this year.Please can we focus on the task at hand for the following weeks, I am not giving a prediction for a reason, it only shows respect for the Riverside team to not let the entire region overlook this game.

I sincerely hope Waverly asnd Lewis meet again the the playoffs. Looks like there is plenty of lockerroom material.

This is not going to be a blowout game by either team. The only way this could happen is if one team lays an egg. These teams are evenly matched. One with a touch better offense, the other a touch better defense. I personally feel that Lewis County is still the team to beat in the region and I guess most in the state agree or they wouldn't have the #3 ranking. For me its because they are last years region champion and have a 9-0 record. If Camden wins this game..the papers will read "Camden upsets Lewis County." Its just the way it is in all sports! Last years champion is always the team to beat. I think this will be a great game with either team capable of taking the win.

Also...Waverly....I took a look at your schedule this year and you guys are crazy if you think you could have beat LC. You guys only had one blowout win with the rest pretty close. I did not watch the LC/Waverly game but obviously after the big lead we started playing down to the level of competition as we are notorious for doing. You guys on your best day could not stand toe to toe with us this year on our best day. Period!!!

Edited by LC_PANTHER_FAN

This is not going to be a blowout game by either team. The only way this could happen is if one team lays an egg. These teams are evenly matched. One with a touch better offense, the other a touch better defense. I personally feel that Lewis County is still the team to beat in the region and I guess most in the state agree or they wouldn't have the #3 ranking. For me its because they are last years region champion and have a 9-0 record. If Camden wins this game..the papers will read "Camden upsets Lewis County." Its just the way it is in all sports! Last years champion is always the team to beat. I think this will be a great game with either team capable of taking the win.

Also...Waverly....I took a look at your schedule this year and you guys are crazy if you think you could have beat LC. You guys only had one blowout win with the rest pretty close. I did not watch the LC/Waverly game but obviously after the big lead we started playing down to the level of competition as we are notorious for doing. You guys on your best day could not stand toe to toe with us this year on our best day. Period!!!

Camden hasn't played down to anyone's level all year. You admitted that Lewis County does. I'm sorry, but good teams remain focused despite of the level of competition. Lewis County will lose by 21 to Camden. It will not be a game in the second half. Camden is a better team this year, than last year. Watch out for the Moose! Camden 28, Lewis County 7.

wake up papa " proof == 24--0" == smoked,, get some theraphy' nothing wrong with losing it happens if you play the game long enough .. lewis county folks are just lewis county hmmmm and waverly is any better at what? i am not talking bad about waverly just knocking you inconsiderate comments about a well coached well played football team who is 9-0 and as far as camden they are a very tough football team , class act in coaching and the players but just like most supporters i am for LCHS, and of course they are for CAMDEN, and the reason you shouldn't reply is your nokt in this equation nor is waverly in this equation, they never gave us a challenge that night they may be a better team that night they weren't so go away!!!

Ok, the only reason you are ranked ahead of Camden is because you have played one more region game than we have..after this week, we will have played the same amount of region games and then we will see how the rankings come out.....