Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA won 82 to 63 (think that was the final) -- it really wasn't even that close. BA shut it down in the fourth quarter.

Pioneer has some real athletic players, but they played like individuals -- not much like a team. BA's press in the first half killed them. Their #22 (who is going to Cincinatti?) got into foul trouble early and only had 12 or 13 points.

BA played without Wright and without Kottas in the second half (he came out from half in sweats). Not sure why he was out.

Just joking about the 8 pts. But all it takes is one to matter. That's all.

I guess just in the Christmas spirit and all...I didn't mean it to really mean anything.

Sorry for the mix up...it's just hard to get good info here in Baghdad! Especially guarding Saddam...he doen't care for basketball much.

Thanks for the score fan6.

They lack size, ofcourse, and I do think they will get beat tomorrow, but I do think it will be closer than what people think....And plus, Union City is in a win-win situation here....If they win, they pulled a huge upset, and noone expected them to win....If they lose, they just lost to like the defending Champs in Division 2....

[/qu

UNION CITY HAS A REALLY GOOD TEAM. NO DOUBT...BUT I HOPE BRENTWOOD ACADEMY DRILLS THEM TOMORROW BECAUSE UNION CITYS FANS ON HERE SEEM TO THINK THAT THEY ARE GODS GIFT TO BASKETBALL. AND BASKETBALL ISNT A TRACK MEET.. I REMEMBER LOYOLA MARYMOUNT YEARS AGO SCORING 90 POINTS A GAME BUT GETTING KNOCKED OUT IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE NCAA TOURNAMENT ... SO BA PUT A WHOOPING ON THEM TOMMOROW. ALSO IN THE WHITE HOUSE/HAYWOOD GAME RICKY TAYLOR WAS 8-25 FROM THE FIELD AND 1-8 FROM THE 3 POINT LINE. JEREMY BARNES WAS 6-11 FROM THE FIELD AND 4-7 FROM 3 POINT TERRITORY. ROGERS "BIG DADDY " GAINES WAS 7-8 FROM THE FIELD AND ALSO 7-8 FROM THE FREE THROW LINE.

They lack size, ofcourse, and I do think they will get beat tomorrow, but I do think it will be closer than what people think....And plus, Union City is in a win-win situation here....If they win, they pulled a huge upset, and noone expected them to win....If they lose, they just lost to like the defending Champs in Division 2....

You are very correct...UC is in a win-win situation. With Coby? out it will definitely change a portion of the game plan. One thing is for sure, UC will be playing with UC kids, not the kind that have been brought it along the way..lol B)

You are very correct...UC is in a win-win situation. With Coby? out it will definitely change a portion of the game plan. One thing is for sure, UC will be playing with UC kids, not the kind that have been brought it along the way..lol B)

Hey, this will be a good game . . . UC will be playing with UC kids and BA will be playing with BA kids.

lol . . .

Watched several games today. Here is how i see it going tomorrow. BA could struggle a little bit if Kottas does not play. Does anyone know why he did not suite up in the 2nd half?

DL over White house by 10+

BA over UC by 15

PC over Ensworth by 10

I WATCHED ALL THE GAMES TODAY . AND ILL PREDICT

WHITE HOUSE BY 3 OVER LIPSCOMB

BA 15 OVER UNION CITY

I read some of LARRY's comments with disgust.

Why do you wanna hate? It's pretty pathetic to want a bunch of 15- 16- and 17-year-old kids to get "drilled" and a "whooping"

Union City fans are only expressing their pride in a program that won a state championship last year and 4 since 1990. And, undefeated through 12 games is saying something, I don't care who you are. ... UC fans are also sticking up for the western end of the state against the obvious middle and east section bias on these boards.

Speaking of bias, since Union City is essentially an all-black team, I'm gonna take some of your comments as racist.

Here's a thought: Go to the games, enjoy the competition and check your hate at the door!

Maybe UC will get beaten, maybe not. ... Whatever the outcome, I just hope it's a good game, a competitive game, and a FAIR game.