A/AA State Predictions

gphstrack

on the bright side, coniglio, atleast you have 2 more than patterson and madden, and one on johnson, you're pretty much a shoe-in for 2008.

haha no ones ever really a shoe in that far in advance. two years ago who saw johnson, mahaney, clabo, and coniglio as top contenders? after the state meet one year ago you still wouldnt guess any of those guys. i can understand guessing madden, mckinley, and patterson a while ago because they have been running well at state for a few years now but not the other guys. coniglio will definatley be a top contender in 2 years but there will be plenty of guys up there with him that come out of no where basically. and you guys may have forgotten but jeff musick is a sophomore 2. and what you really must have forgotten is mahaney is a sophomore 2 and beat coniglio by 2 seconds at the classic. i'm not saying that coniglio had his best race that day but neither did mahaney so in their only head to head match this year it looks like mahaney should be the favorite for 2008

top a/aa sophomores at classic:

mahaney 17:44

coniglio 17:46

musick 18:03

collins (usjc freshman) 18:04

smith (usjc) 18:07

wilson (knox cath) 18:22

something else i would like to point out when i was looking at these results, macon country finished just one place behind usjc so i'm surprised no one has really talked about their chances as a team to get in the top 5, especially with a guy that could win the whole thing up front

Edited by thecrippler2222

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jaynes ran the 3200, 1600, and the 800 before the 4x400...but this isnt about him. Clabo guys. a 52 wont help em if they cant hang on till the end. well see whos right at state...good luck to all of you.

who's right about what? lets try not to be so vague. are you talking about who's right about the importance of being a good 400 runner or what?

I think that this will be an interesting race. As far as teams, lipscomb has talent, but the race must be run, if they are off by just a nanometer...this could get interesting. Individually, this will be a race with many factors. Middle Tennessee teams have an obvious advantage because of the course. It is not flat like some people think it is. The course may take a couple of favorites out of it...but then again it may not. A good kick will be vitally important for winning as the favorites are all very close in times. If the race is close after about 2 3/4 miles, we could see a last 400 or even last 200. No matter who wins, this race will be full of excitement, maybe even some surprises.

who's right about what? lets try not to be so vague. are you talking about who's right about the importance of being a good 400 runner or what?

Im only saying that he had the ability to do it after running 3 1/2 miles. Will all of the 52 runners in this CC race be able to crank out a fast 400 after running almost 3 miles? Im sure some of them can but some will fall apart.

As far as teams, lipscomb has talent, but the race must be run, if they are off by just a nanometer...this could get interesting.

I think lipscomb has a little more than a nanometer...maybe a milimeter. Based on my calculations, which are only based on a few factors, the top 3 are:

DL - 48

FRA - 84

USJC - 118

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on these to be the top three. I think where it gets interesting team-wise is 4-10. It's closer than we all realize.

Also, gatlinzpitt4, if you're on myspace, chances are you know who I am. Who are you...it's been driving me insane. Send me a myspace message. WH.

I agree with him. clabo is not one to push the pace but he didnt really have a choice in the 3200. you cant wait till the last 400 when you have an 4x400 anchor leg behind you. i think he ran smart and it just wasnt his day. Saturday will be the day. Jaynes is gone. there wont be a 50/51 guy in the race. good luck guys!

3200 just wasn't his day? Hmmm... that was an odd race... Pair passed out, Rodewald didn't quite know what was going on, and Jaynes and Clabo saw an opening in the last half a lap of the race and they seized the opportunity.

jaynes ran the 3200, 1600, and the 800 before the 4x400...but this isnt about him. Clabo guys. a 52 wont help em if they cant hang on till the end. well see whos right at state...good luck to all of you.

This isn't about Clabo, yet all of your posts are about Clabo.

Im only saying that he had the ability to do it after running 3 1/2 miles. Will all of the 52 runners in this CC race be able to crank out a fast 400 after running almost 3 miles? Im sure some of them can but some will fall apart.

When considering the results of a 3.1mi (5k) race, it isn't gonna necessarily be about who can crank out a last fast 400; The determining factors in the race are gonna be about what the dominant runner in the race decides they're gonna be about. And there are about half a dozen runners who could, if it fits into their plans, give Clabo a run for his money.

Edited by saywhat?