ONEIDA VS. HAMPTON

leisha24

Dudes, I'm banking on the "sweet" ride home. I've got the battery charger all hooked up on Ol' Betsy. :huh: It shouldn't be too long before I put her out to the pasture. I'm hoping my ride don't kick the bucket before I get back. :huh: Why ain't Hampton "lighting up" this thread? I've heard them all season long until now. Maybe with a little prodding they will come out of their hole? :lol: How did their last regular season game go. I heard they lackluster effort, but that could just be fluff.

:thumb: Kaz :lol:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: Er....., I'd be very careful about using the words huge and offensive output when you are facing a Tony Lambert coached defense. Yes, the Tribe has given up some points this year, but more often than not Lambo's Defense manages to keep the team in it until the Fourth Quarter. We all got the fact that Hampton is a legitimate contender, but Kaz hopes the Indians can bust that bubble. Then you'll have to change your name to........the fallensportfan. :lol:

:lol: Kazzy

I'll tell you why Onieda can't win!

1. Offensive balance by the dogs. The Lyons kid is a huge threat and small Mike can get the ball to him, also the running game isnt in as bad a shape as any one that doesnt know the program might think.

2. SIZE! The dogs are huge up front, strong, and VERY physical!

3. Homefield. The DOG POUND will be rocking Friday night and that should play a huge role in the outcome of this game!

4. Adam Townsend! The dogs are looking to get him back later in the playoffs and Im sure the team will use this as motivation to go out and put on a show Friday night.

5. Simply put, Hampton is better! They have the size, athletes, and the homefield, plus they are just simply better!

Good luck to the dogs from this Eagle, go out and take care of buisness and lets show Region 2 how we do it up here in the Upper East corner of the state! :thumb:

Oneida will shut Hampton down with ease. Hampton does not have the extraordinayry weapons needed to consistently move the ball on a great Indian defense. They struggled to move the ball on the cellar team in Region 1. It was only 7-0 at halftime and it should have been 7-7. Without the services of Adam Townsend, Hampton has struggled with what once was inferior opponents, but now the dogs are very mortal. Look for an early round exit. :thumb:

:D Er....., I'd be very careful about using the words huge and offensive output when you are facing a Tony Lambert coached defense. Yes, the Tribe has given up some points this year, but more often than not Lambo's Defense manages to keep the team in it until the Fourth Quarter. We all got the fact that Hampton is a legitimate contender, but Kaz hopes the Indians can bust that bubble. Then you'll have to change your name to........the fallensportfan. :P

B) Kazzy

How many teams you ever seen lose their starting running back who was looking to have a record breaking year, replace him with the backup, and the backup has gotten over 100 yards every game since. Lose our backup and we have another that can fill that spot and never miss a beat. Their really hasn't been anyone that has stopped us on defense this year. We usually leave that to ourselves to hurt us, fumbles and interceptions. But I believe that is over and we are on the right track now. Defense you better have, and alot of it.

I beg to refute some of your assessments Tiger1024:

1. I don't see how balance is such a problem for a team that is equally able to stop the run and pass. Oneida's D doesn't have a particular strength over the run or pass, but they manage bend often without breaking. I would say they have been very good over the course of the season in the Red Zone. I have no doubt you will move the ball, but they make plays when they have to on most nights.

2. The Indians have done an excellent job of overcoming teams with good size by utilizing excellent quickness. They have young, athletic players among the front seven, and they are clearly improving for game to game. I feel safe in saying that Hampton will NOT field a bigger line than York Institute, whom the Indians played two weeks ago. Oneida lost that game, but the final three quarters were played to a draw.

3. The Dog Pound?!?! The Indians have been to various locations over the years that will make the "Dog Pound" seem tame in comparison. I really don't think the site is gonna have near as much impact as the distance they have to travel. However, if the Indians get off the bus ready to play, then they could play at Neyland Stadium and it wouldn't effect them.

4. Adam Townsend. I'd think the Bulldogs would want to do well without Townsend, just to shut their critics up that say they are a one man team. You gotta admit, since Townsend has been out, there have been some doubters out there. I got another Adam for ya, Adam Jeffers......its his last go round and I'm sure he is looking to keep Townsend from playing again this year if he and his mates prove worthy of the task. You won't miss him, he's a Brandon Davis clone.

5. Better than what? You think just because you made that statement that we are all just going to stay at home and hide. :P Come on, your going to have to dig a little deeper than that, Tig. If they beat us, we'll shake their hands and go home, but I don't think the boys are just gonna buy that last one fella. ;)

:D Kaz B)

Dudes, I'm banking on the "sweet" ride home. I've got the battery charger all hooked up on Ol' Betsy. ;) It shouldn't be too long before I put her out to the pasture. I'm hoping my ride don't kick the bucket before I get back. :huh: Why ain't Hampton "lighting up" this thread? I've heard them all season long until now. Maybe with a little prodding they will come out of their hole? :D How did their last regular season game go. I heard they lackluster effort, but that could just be fluff.

B) Kaz :P

Better hope Ol Betsy runs good cause it will be alot longer ride home than it will be getting here.

Oneida will shut Hampton down with ease. Hampton does not have the extraordinayry weapons needed to consistently move the ball on a great Indian defense. They struggled to move the ball on the cellar team in Region 1. It was only 7-0 at halftime and it should have been 7-7. Without the services of Adam Townsend, Hampton has struggled with what once was inferior opponents, but now the dogs are very mortal. Look for an early round exit. :huh:

Hey KING, are you gonna sit at the nice warm house this Friday, or are you gonna go watch a game? You know, Cloudland's season is done, just like to remind you that! :huh: ..... Hey! I've got an idea! If you wear a leash and have a gag in your mouth so I don't have to listen to you, you can ride down to Harriman with me and HighSchoolFanatic, so you can go watch a team that actualy made the play-offs!!! :lol::thumb::)

Edited by Rangerbook06