Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

Might as well get this thread started.

Gallatin finishes 10-0, the first time since 2002.

Gallatin avergages 29.2 points a game for the season.

Gallatin avergages 32.6 points a game at home.

Gallatin averages 25.75 points a game versus teams going to the playoffs.

Gallatin's defense averages 6.6 points allowed a game for the season.

Gallatin's deffense averages 4 points allowed at home.

Gallatin's defense averages 7.75 points allowed versus playoff teams.

Ravenwood finishes 6-4.

Ravenwood averages 25.3 points a game for the season.

Ravenwood averages 21 points a game on the road.

Ravenwood averages 14.4 points a game versus teams headed to the playoffs (keep in mind that includes a 35 point game against Brentwood Academy-otherwise the average drops to 9.25 ).

Ravenwood's defense averages 14.3 points a game for the season.

Ravenwood's defense averages 14.4 points per game on the road.

Ravenwood's defense averages 20.8 points allowed per game versus playoff teams.

Gallatin has three shutouts this year, and eight games in which the opponent scored once or fewer.

Ravenwood has one shutout on the year, and three games in which they allowed one score or fewer.

I have no reason to expect anything other than a good game. Ravenwood is well coached and they will be prepared. But Gallatin will too.

We are all looking forward to the game and the chance to start a title run.

guess not :thumb:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know what happened at Dickson County. I mean to listen to the Williamson County folks you would think that all of their teams have this high-powered offense that can't be stopped. But DC shut down Franklin (should have won), shut down Ravenwood, and shut down Brentwood. As the old commercial said, "Where's the beef"?

My point is this:

DC has a very good defense. Gallatin has a very good defense-maybe even better. DC allowed a combined 14 points to those three schools. So I see very little reason to get nervous about anyone but DC out of that region.

Care to counter that arguement? Just make sure you use FACTS, and not CRAP.

ravenwood 28

gallatin 15

couldn't happen to a nicer guy

but just think of all the time you can now spend on the riverdale threads

Hats off to the Ravenwood players, a well earned victory. We simply got outcoached again, which was already mentioned. I would go in depth for analysis, but I am tired. Bottomline, is Gallatin's offensive was never opened up like they were capable. GHS didn't try to utilize their speed, no sweeps or outside QB keepers till 2nd half. No screen passes until 8 mins. left in the game. I stood there until the bitter end, bitter indeed. I was really disappointed at how classless the posts have become, and the actions of the RHS fans. They spoke of our inability to be gracious hosts, but the actions during and after the game spoke volumes about your fans, as well. Good luck to the Region 5 teams left. The what-if's remain concerning "if J.T. would have played", but it still wouldn't have compensated for our poor offensive plan and lack of adjustments. I still love the Green Wave, we just need to get it together.

Here's how it is. First, I would like to congradulate Ravenwood on a huge upset and being the only team to make it to round 2 out of region 6. I will tell you that you all have the most favorable road from here to the state title. With that said, the ability or talent level of the players was not what decided this game. Gallatin was outcoached something aweful. Ravenwoods coaching staff is outstanding and in my opinion will make it deep into the playoffs with a mediocore team due to the coaching.

As for Gallatin, if one of the 43 Seniors from this year's team is reading this I just want you to know that you have been let down by your coach. Lassiter never gave Gallatin a chance in this ball game. He never checked to man D, and he never therw the ball for one reason: lack of trust. Great job, Lassiter ;) your game plan worked out well. On 3rd and 11 I never thought we would run it up the gut???? BRING BACK SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a good hard faught game but gallatain just couldnt pull it off. If you realize ravenwood would have had first seed if they would have lost to franklin brentwood. brentwood we went in to ot but lost by a field goal so everyone thinks that the raptors are going to be underdogs. well you need to re think that because the raptors have antioch this week and antioch better hope they can stop them because ravenwood has a huge offensive line you have one thta 6'7 and 275 which is big joe thompson and he hasnt hardly been slammed to the ground so you better hope you can do something with him because he will man handle you if not i believe the game will be

Antioch 21 Ravenwood 35 ;):lol:;)

Get it done ravenwood i want to see you in murfreeboro again this year good luck raptor great win last night you sent them home 10-1

Edited by dackon

Here's how it is. First, I would like to congradulate Ravenwood on a huge upset and being the only team to make it to round 2 out of region 6. I will tell you that you all have the most favorable road from here to the state title. With that said, the ability or talent level of the players was not what decided this game. Gallatin was outcoached something aweful. Ravenwoods coaching staff is outstanding and in my opinion will make it deep into the playoffs with a mediocore team due to the coaching.

As for Gallatin, if one of the 43 Seniors from this year's team is reading this I just want you to know that you have been let down by your coach. Lassiter never gave Gallatin a chance in this ball game. He never checked to man D, and he never therw the ball for one reason: lack of trust. Great job, Lassiter ;) your game plan worked out well. On 3rd and 11 I never thought we would run it up the gut???? BRING BACK SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mediocre team? Doesn't say much for the green wave. You're right...you were totally and completely out coached. Ravenwood's mediocre defense held you to 35 yards rushing and was in the backfield all night long. The Raptor's mediocre receivers caught three TD passes (check the Tennessean to see Adam Presley's mediocre one handed reception that led to another Raptor TD). Becker threw for a mediocre 190 yds passing against the vaunted wave defense.

From the initial drive of the game, the wave was outplayed the entire night. Yup, your defense was terrific (at least the rush defense) but when the only score you can come up with until the middle of the 4th quarter is a fumble recovery...well, just Ravenwood's mediocre defense slamming the door on everything you tried.

Those weren't coaches out on the field shutting down your offense. Those

weren't coaches scoring touchdowns in each quarter of the game. Those were kids who came to play with talent and intensity Gallatin hasn't seen all year long. Sorry about your loss, Gtowner, but it reeks of sour grapes when you call the team that whipped you so badly, mediocre.