6-5A versus 5-5A

hardtackle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin wins!!!!!! These 42 seniors have been through alot. Some of these guys started two years ago in the playoffs when we lost against Ravenwood. Most of them started last year, when they lost to Brentwood. Both games were very winnable late into the game. I think experience cost us in both those games. People have been talking about the past with 6-5A teams dominating in the playoffs over 5-5A teams. Experience is finally on our side. 2 of the three linebackers have started since they were sophmores. 8 defensive starters from last years team. It has been stated that we will not be used to the passing teams of 6-5A. Bring them on. Two of the starters on defense have 13 interceptions, one having 8. The other being a pre-season all-state candidate. 93 players - 42 seniors, we will see what happens when this all pans out. Just as the rest of the teams we have played this year. "we can beat them" going into games, and "we cant score on them" when the game is over. Time to show Ravenwood how "weak" this region is. Get well JT.

I don't think 6 is in a down year either.

Looking at the match-ups I think DC gets past AHS with relative ease.

I think H'ville gives Franklin all they can handle and maybe even steal it.

I think Hunters Lane has more speed and raw athleticism than Brentwood and can take that game. It will depend on the "intangibles" like discipline, penalties, and momentum. If HLHS gets it going in their favor they can put up some points in a hurry.

And I think Ravenwood gives Gallatin a great game, but runs out of gas in the second half. Much like the H'ville game Ravenwood will come out fired up, and maybe even take a quick lead. But after the initial 'first punches' the Green Wave will take control and pull away late.

From where I sit the Bracket with Gallatin, Ravenwood, Dickson Co, and Antioch looks much tougher than Franklin, Hville, Brentwood, Hlane.

Wether 6-5a has dominated 5-5A the past few years is of no consequence this year. I would love to see a 6-5A sweep again like 2004 but that could prove to be a very tough feat to repeat.

Brentwood is young, but I never count out a Crawford coached team - and cetainly not in the playoffs.

Ravenwood will have a chip on their shoulder, finishing 4th in the region and now with everyone at 0-0 in season 2 the defending champs are on equal footing.

Dickson Co is tough as nails, tough bracket when round 2 comes around.

Franklin love playing the no expecation card, similar to 2004 this team wasn't expected to do much with Questions at QB. Yet all they did was put together a 9-1 regular season (same as 2004) with lot's of folks ready to discount it. Outstanding defense (not ready to say best in 5A yet untill I see Gallatin's) but the Rebel defense will take Franklin to a QTR final game - then who knows?

I see Franklin and Dickson Co, and fairly confident in Brentwood, the toss up game for me is Ravenwood/Gallatin.

From where I sit the Bracket with Gallatin, Ravenwood, Dickson Co, and Antioch looks much tougher than Franklin, Hville, Brentwood, Hlane.

Wether 6-5a has dominated 5-5A the past few years is of no consequence this year. I would love to see a 6-5A sweep again like 2004 but that could prove to be a very tough feat to repeat.

Brentwood is young, but I never count out a Crawford coached team - and cetainly not in the playoffs.

Ravenwood will have a chip on their shoulder, finishing 4th in the region and now with everyone at 0-0 in season 2 the defending champs are on equal footing.

Dickson Co is tough as nails, tough bracket when round 2 comes around.

Franklin love playing the no expecation card, similar to 2004 this team wasn't expected to do much with Questions at QB. Yet all they did was put together a 9-1 regular season (same as 2004) with lot's of folks ready to discount it. Outstanding defense (not ready to say best in 5A yet untill I see Gallatin's) but the Rebel defense will take Franklin to a QTR final game - then who knows?

I see Franklin and Dickson Co, and fairly confident in Brentwood, the toss up game for me is Ravenwood/Gallatin.

I also think you will see some interesting adjustments by the coaches as they face Region 5 teams. Expect the unexpected!

I'm going to go on a limb with my predictions

Gallatin over Ravenwood

Antioch over DC

Franklin over Hendersonville

HL over Brentwood

Gallatin is the real deal and will make a deep run

Antioch will shock the bracket and go into Dickson Co. and win. Last playoff win was against DC

Franklin D too strong for inept H'ville offense, will score enough to win.

HL will score early and hold on for win.

Remember, I said I was going on a limb.

2nd round

Gallatin over Antioch( will be a lot closer this time)

Franklin over HL(also a close game)

QTR

Gallatin over Franklin

Semi

Gallatin v. Ridgeway

I'll stop there.

I'm going to go on a limb with my predictions

Gallatin over Ravenwood

Antioch over DC

Franklin over Hendersonville

HL over Brentwood

Gallatin is the real deal and will make a deep run

Antioch will shock the bracket and go into Dickson Co. and win. Last playoff win was against DC

Franklin D too strong for inept H'ville offense, will score enough to win.

HL will score early and hold on for win.

Remember, I said I was going on a limb.

2nd round

Gallatin over Antioch( will be a lot closer this time)

Franklin over HL(also a close game)

QTR

Gallatin over Franklin

Semi

Gallatin v. Ridgeway

I'll stop there.

I think your pretyy close on how you looked at round one. the only thing is i'm not sure antioch will be able to score against DC. gallatin didn't let them move the ball until the subs went in, and DCs defense is just as good.

I also like HL over bretwood. HL is like a baseball team that relys on the homerun and brentwood doesn't have any pitching. i think HL will break two or three big plays and win a close one.

i think franklin/hendersonville is the closest one to call. it depends on which offense plays the best, cause those two Ds arent going to break. i say flip a coin, its that close. never count out a hatfield coached team in the playoffs