I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they only played those two teams because of the tournament. I did forget about Science Hill. South, Crockett, DB, why wont they play?

Well, with the exception of DB those other teams aren't much better than Wartburg. I would like to see them play Pigeon Forge or maybe Austin-East in the regular season. Science Hill is off to a good start as is Greeneville, but I think Greeneville plays a tougher schedule.

Last Night's games:

Fulton 62 - Jeff County 54

Mo East 58 - Cherokee 48

Greeneville beat Daniel Boone (I can't remember the score)

I know West had the night off, did Cocke County play?

Conference Standings going into the Holidays:

Jeff County 3-0

Greeneville 2-0

Morristown East 1-1

Cocke County 1-2

Morristown West 1-2

Cherokee 0-3

Edited by raiderray

Last Night's games:

Fulton 62 - Jeff County 54

Mo East 58 - Cherokee 48

Greeneville beat Daniel Boone (I can't remember the score)

I know West had the night off, did Cocke County play?

Conference Standings going into the Holidays:

Jeff County 3-0

Greeneville 2-0

Morristown East 1-1

Cocke County 1-2

Morristown West 1-2

Cherokee 0-3

Cocke County beat West Greene last night 52-44. Which means nothing is really predictable.

West Greene beat Rutledge 73-70 on Thursday, Rutledge beat CCHS by 3 on Tuesday.

Cocke County played good defense in the win and out rebounded West Greene by 20 (35-15 on the boards).

Depew had 17 for Cocke County (and 10 boards). Jerrica Lane the 2 guard for Cocke County had 15 - she'll be key for Cocke County to add a consistent scoring threat from the two guard. Buda had 10 for the Lady Red.

Puts CCHS at 4-5 overall with the following games remaining until conference play resumes on 1/5/07 against East: Knox Central and @ Bearden this week. Against some Florida team, Campbell County and Knox Carter in the Carter Christmas Classic (12/27-29), Rutledge on 1/2 and East on the 5th.

The 5th and 12th should do a lot of settling for the conference picture.

CCHS plays East and Cherokee on those dates.

West plays Greeneville on the 5th

Jeff Plays Greeneville on the 12th.

Jeff and CCHS re-match on the 19th and Jeff and West re-matchon the 23rd.

hey ptsportswriter, when was the last time cocke co. has had 2 sweeps in a row? i know west greene and knox central were weak, but that is amazing. it seems that it has been forever since the boys and girls won on the same night. cc girls still have a lot of improving to do. they looked pretty weak in the knox central win. they really need this win against bearden thursday. that would be a huge confidence booster.

hey ptsportswriter, when was the last time cocke co. has had 2 sweeps in a row? i know west greene and knox central were weak, but that is amazing. it seems that it has been forever since the boys and girls won on the same night. cc girls still have a lot of improving to do. they looked pretty weak in the knox central win. they really need this win against bearden thursday. that would be a huge confidence booster.

2 in a row? Um...jeez...lol. May have to go back to the 2003-04 season? At least. I can't recall anything happening in the 2004-05 season.

I do know that the waits between sweeps prior to last Friday stemmed back to last November's meeting between CCHS and West Greene.

Thankfully the wait between sweeps for CCHS could be measured in hours not years and/or months.... :thumb:

West did. Not sure of final score, but they were up 8 with about 20 seconds left.

west 56-sevier 44

However West took a hard blow as it looks like Mayes went down with an acl injury. This would be the third acl injury for that team in the past 8 weeks! The second starting post player! West played much better last night but this will be a big blow if the mri is positive.