I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

If Cherokee was playing at home, I would take them. Cocke County has a road problem (could be the youth at key postions), but because it is at Cocke County, I will take Cocke County. :lol:

I think West has enough defense to hold off East, although I still wonder where their offense is going to come from. :o

I take the 5th on the Jeff County/ GreenEVILle game. :o

Cocke County is 6-3 on the road. Counting the Carter Classic.

They are 5-3 at home.

Despite starting 2 freshmen, it isnt a youth problem. Its consistency from the 2, 3 and 5 positions. And two of those are seniors....

West may have defense, but I dont see them holding East to 30.

First one to 30 wins. :o

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Greeneville try a little different line-up. I think Collins, Deans & Dickson with 2 ballhandlers would be a better lineup. Rotate the Carter, McIntyre, Lamons, etc. and keep the 3 taller gals in the paint. This size advantage never seems to be exploited. The only thing keeping Collins from scoring 10 - 12 points a game is playing time. Deans short jumper from just inside the foul line is a great shot for her along with her ability around the basket. Add Dickson's ability to hit the "3", and I think you have a more potent offense than we have been seeing of late. Carter is a playmaker, but must control her turnovers. All the Lady Devils appear to be lobbing alot of their passes. Not only does it result in many turnovers, it makes for sloppy play. If you have a team making crisp passes, you will find them to be much more successful.

Go Lady Devils!

I would like to see Greeneville try a little different line-up. I think Collins, Deans & Dickson with 2 ballhandlers would be a better lineup. Rotate the Carter, McIntyre, Lamons, etc. and keep the 3 taller gals in the paint. This size advantage never seems to be exploited. The only thing keeping Collins from scoring 10 - 12 points a game is playing time. Deans short jumper from just inside the foul line is a great shot for her along with her ability around the basket. Add Dickson's ability to hit the "3", and I think you have a more potent offense than we have been seeing of late. Carter is a playmaker, but must control her turnovers. All the Lady Devils appear to be lobbing alot of their passes. Not only does it result in many turnovers, it makes for sloppy play. If you have a team making crisp passes, you will find them to be much more successful.

Go Lady Devils!

I don't know it for sure but I think for one reason that Collins is not in the lineup is that she makes some silly fouls and they don't want her to make them early. I agree with you that would be IMO a better lineup to use. I think they are going to have to get more scoring threats than Deans & Dickson to make a run in the tourneys this season.

Go Lady Devils!

Carter has always been plagued with the TO problem...she makes careless passes. I don't see Collins committing any more silly fouls than Lamons. With the physical game Deans plays, Collins is used to rest her frequently, which seems to be a good role for her.

No, Have never been to a Lady Devil's practice. I just think the taller lineup would offer them a distinct advantage over most of the teams they play. I also believe strongly in mixing up what you offer offensively and defensively. I think we are too predictable right now. I am not saying to strictly use this taller lineup, I am saying start the game with it or start a quarter with it to change the pace of the game. I agree with earlier comments, "Deans & Dickson cannot carry this team by thenselves. Go Lady Devils, we are behind you.

PTS, is the posted score correct for Cherokee / Cocke County?

If it is, then Cherokee beat Cocke County

East beat West

Greeneville beat Jeff County

The Lady Patriots played almost a perfect first half, and led 21-15. But Greeneville adjusted, got some outside scoring, and then once they got down 10, Jeff County had to try to force the action, and gave up a few easy baskets. Along with not being able to score in the 2nd half led to the 35-10 2nd half difference.

So if the scores are correct, then the standings look like:

Greeneville 4-0

Jeff County 4-1

Morristown East 2-2

Cocke County 2-3

Morristown West 1-4

Cherokee 1-4

I think Cherokee is primed to make some noise in the 2nd half. Jeff County escaped with a win last week, and now they go on the road and beat Cocke County.

Hats off to Greeneville, they really played well in the 2nd half tonight. As much as I don't admire the way Ashley Deans plays, she does get the job done, and the refs seem to let her do it, so more power to her. If Greeneville can continue to get some outside scoring, they might have this figured out. I say that, with Webb looming tomorrow night for the Lady Green Devils. I think Webb wins that, but it ought to be a fun game to watch.

I think Jeff County found out that they can play with Greeneville, but that it takes more than just one half. Despite the loss, I hope the ladies will take the good things from this game, and use them to build some momentum in the 2nd half of the season. We finally end our 10 game road trip, getting to play at home tomorrow for the first time since December 8th.

Lets Go Lady Patriots!!!! <_<

Yes. The Cocke County score is correct.

Cocke County had their chances. Led by 6 at the start of the 4th quarter.

Lady Red shot a terrible 10-45 from inside three points and 1-8 from outside the three-point line. 11-53 from the field.

Cherokee didnt fare much better....12-34 from the field.

Cocke County out rebounded 31-27

Cocke County had 7 turnovers...Cherokee had 20....

Shannon Depew scored 20, Buda scored 8. And no one else scored more than four.

Ashlee Price scored 13 for Cherokee to lead her team.

Officiating wasnt the best in the world. Two JV refs and another guy.Of course they showed their best in the boys game...

Edited by PTSportsWriter

East beat West

The Lady Patriots played almost a perfect first half, and led 21-15. But Greeneville adjusted, got some outside scoring, and then once they got down 10, Jeff County had to try to force the action, and gave up a few easy baskets. Along with not being able to score in the 2nd half led to the 35-10 2nd half difference.

Greeneville 4-0

Jeff County 4-1

Morristown East 2-2

Cocke County 2-3

Morristown West 1-4

Cherokee 1-4

I think Cherokee is primed to make some noise in the 2nd half. Jeff County escaped with a win last week, and now they go on the road and beat Cocke County.

Hats off to Greeneville, they really played well in the 2nd half tonight. As much as I don't admire the way Ashley Deans plays, she does get the job done, and the refs seem to let her do it, so more power to her. If Greeneville can continue to get some outside scoring, they might have this figured out. I say that, with Webb looming tomorrow night for the Lady Green Devils. I think Webb wins that, but it ought to be a fun game to watch.

I think Jeff County found out that they can play with Greeneville, but that it takes more than just one half. Despite the loss, I hope the ladies will take the good things from this game, and use them to build some momentum in the 2nd half of the season. We finally end our 10 game road trip, getting to play at home tomorrow for the first time since December 8th.

Lets Go Lady Patriots!!!! :thumb:

You may be right raiderray. Cherokee has lost four conference games. Against East they were up double digits in the second half.....against Jeff at home, they were up double digits in the second half.....against West at home, they were ahead going into second half and hung tight till the last part of fourth quarter.

Outside the conference, they lost after leading by double digits in the second half against Sullivan South....they were within two of Science Hill in second half and faded late.

Seems its take all season to start getting their legs, but now shots are falling a little better and turnovers are a little less frequent.

Keep working and who knows what might happen at tournament time.

As IAMKing said the other day, Jeff Co had to play a perfect game to beat Greeneville. They did that the first half and controlled the pace off the game, but in the second half, we saw what happens when you make too many mistakes against a good team.

Greeneville goes as Dickson and Deans go. Jeff County double and triple teamed them in the first half and got the GHS offense out of sync, but the Lady Devils made adjustments in the second half, controlled the boards, and got some good looks for the duo. What was an entertaining game quickly turned into a blowout.

The Lady Patriots can't dwell over the loss, however. Their main objective right now needs to be to secure that second bye for the district tourney, which means an automatic spot in the region.

Good luck to the Lady Devils tomorrow against Webb and Jefferson County against DB

BTW, West 1-4 in the district, who wouldve thunk

East beat West

Greeneville 4-0

Jeff County 4-1

Morristown East 2-2

Cocke County 2-3

Morristown West 1-4

Cherokee 1-4

Lets Go Lady Patriots!!!! :thumb:

Ray I think is the Lady Pats had maintained that tight zone in the second half they could have stayed with them. Whe the D collapsed, Dickson and Deans just flat had there way inside. Good learning experience though for your girls.

I don't think the Webb game is going to be much fun to watch at all...Greeneville tends to shrink from the physical game that Faith and Glory play. I hope I am wrong but I think Webb wins big.