I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Man when I am wrong...I am darn good at it. Greeneville squeaked one out against Webb 39-34.

It's girls basketball.

I gave up picking a long time ago.

Never know who's gonna steal a boyfriend.

Never know Who's gonna get in a fight with their boyfriend.

Never know Who's momma said what to their daughter or another player.

Gotta love the "drama" of girls basketball. :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man when I am wrong...I am darn good at it. Greeneville squeaked one out against Webb 39-34.

Sometimes its more fun to be wrong barb. Great Saturday win by the Lady Devils, especially considering they were coming off an important conference game the night before that required a second-half rally. Good luck to GHS the rest of the way. They appear set up nicely for a another substate game, though you never know what can happen in tournament bball...so i wont make any predictions either.

So Morristown West with injuries and bad play as of late......and coming off a pretty big loss to East......knocks off a previously 16-3 TN High team last night...

That one might be more stunning that Greeneville over Knox Webb....

West certainly may be able to make a second-half IMAC run for third, based off of this game....but they may have dug themselves a huge hole with a 1-4 conference mark?

They have the tiebreaker with Cherokee, but they are behind to everyone else.

But - West could still hold their own destiny in their hands - if things go as expected on Friday. If they beat Cherokee and Jeff beats Cocke County on the road and Greeneville beats East that would put West and Cocke County at 2-4 and East at 2-3.

West then would have things in their hands on the 25th in Newport when they played Cocke County..

5 games to go for everyone in conference play....who knows what will happen...looks like though that East, Cocke County, West and Cherokee will have a real fight for that third position (Unless Jefferson County just really tanks)....but really, I'm not sure what the difference for the third position would be (as there is no difference between the 4-5 slots)....all 4 of those teams are capable of beating each other on any given night. Cherokee, the likely No. 6 seed, has played West and East very tough and beaten Cocke County....

Should be a fun month....and a very good tourney over in Newport....a month from now.

The next 10 days could define a lot of team's seasons....or really jumble the standings.

Friday:

Cherokee at Mo West

Greeneville at Mo East

Jefferson County at Cocke County

Tuesday:

Mo East at Cherokee

Cocke County at Greeneville

Mo West at Jefferson County

Friday (26th):

Cherokee at Greeneville

Mo West at Cocke County

Jefferson County at Mo East

Predictions? As unusual as this season has become, I plan to take them one night at a time, but if any team besides Greeneville wins all three they should set themselves up well for the tournament.

Taylor Brooks enrolled in school at Jefferson County Wednesday, and began practicing with the team that night. As I understand it, she is only elgible to play JV ball this spring. She played Friday.....for the JV team. She sat on the bench in street clothes for the Varsity team. She appears very excited to be at Jeff County, and I am sure is looking forward to contributing next season. :thumb:

I guess I spoke too soon. Taylor Brooks got cleared by the TSSAA to begin play immediately for Jefferson County. Evidently, Jefferson County got the word after the Greeneville game Friday night. She has played some against DB, Clinton and Carter so far this week. ;)

My early predictions for Friday (I reserve the right to change my mind!)

Cherokee over West

Greeneville has to work at it, but prevails over East

Jeff County over Cocke County

That would be a woman's prerogative Ray...everyone knows men are always right therefore never need to change their mind.

I, on the other hand, have been so wrong lately I won't even make a prediction.

Greeneville has been playing well for the past couple of games, although I would like to see them shoot better from the line. If Jeff plays as well as they did against Greeneville they shouldn't have a problem with CC. Cherokee over West...thats a brave prediction. West looked strong against Greeneville and just had a good game in their win over TN High.

also looming ahead for Greeneville on the 27th is the long awaited matchup with Science Hill @Johnson City.

I give up on predictions.

But....

Some thoughts.

West and Cherokee. Which teams show up? Both are very inconsistent. If Cherokee plays close or has a lead, can they hold it in the fourth quarter? While West did beat TN High and coulda/woulda/shoulda/maybe beat Greeneville, they did lose by 10+ to Morristown East only a day before the win over the Lady Vikes.

This one is a toss-up.

Greeneville and East. This one should go to the Lady Devils, but I'd say the Lady Canes will stay close. I think Livesay has done a good job getting a lot of girls ready to play. If a game ever comes down to attrition or foul trouble, they could be victors. Yet, Greeneville's D.D. combo of Deans and Dickson is worth a lot more than the 14 East will play.

Jefferson Coutny and Cocke County. This one should go to the Lady Pats, but their 28-point beating of the Lady Red in early December isnt indicative of the difference between these two teams. Jefferson County is well-coached and should win, despite being at a height disadvantage. The presence of Brooks only helps this team. Cocke County has to have more production besides Shannon Depew and Morgan Buda offensively.

The last two IMAC games for Cocke County had Depew scoring 48 (28 and 20) and Buda 19 (11 and 8). The rest of the team scored a combined 21 over the course of those two games. No one besides those two cracked the 5-pt mark against Cherokee and no one besides those two cracked the 4-pt mark against East.

People say its tough for the Lady Red to win with two freshman, but I think its safe to say they are carrying this team right now. They didnt shoot well last Friday, but no one on the team did. Bottom line is, the 2,3 and 5 girls have to step up for the Lady Red.

I guess I spoke too soon. Taylor Brooks got cleared by the TSSAA to begin play immediately for Jefferson County. Evidently, Jefferson County got the word after the Greeneville game Friday night. She has played some against DB, Clinton and Carter so far this week. :unsure:

Do you know exactly how Brooks got cleared? I have never heard of this happening so quickly, especially in the middle of the year.

I give up on predictions.

But....

Some thoughts.

West and Cherokee. Which teams show up? Both are very inconsistent. If Cherokee plays close or has a lead, can they hold it in the fourth quarter? While West did beat TN High and coulda/woulda/shoulda/maybe beat Greeneville, they did lose by 10+ to Morristown East only a day before the win over the Lady Vikes.

This one is a toss-up.

Greeneville and East. This one should go to the Lady Devils, but I'd say the Lady Canes will stay close. I think Livesay has done a good job getting a lot of girls ready to play. If a game ever comes down to attrition or foul trouble, they could be victors. Yet, Greeneville's D.D. combo of Deans and Dickson is worth a lot more than the 14 East will play.

Jefferson Coutny and Cocke County. This one should go to the Lady Pats, but their 28-point beating of the Lady Red in early December isnt indicative of the difference between these two teams. Jefferson County is well-coached and should win, despite being at a height disadvantage. The presence of Brooks only helps this team. Cocke County has to have more production besides Shannon Depew and Morgan Buda offensively.

The last two IMAC games for Cocke County had Depew scoring 48 (28 and 20) and Buda 19 (11 and 8). The rest of the team scored a combined 21 over the course of those two games. No one besides those two cracked the 5-pt mark against Cherokee and no one besides those two cracked the 4-pt mark against East.

People say its tough for the Lady Red to win with two freshman, but I think its safe to say they are carrying this team right now. They didnt shoot well last Friday, but no one on the team did. Bottom line is, the 2,3 and 5 girls have to step up for the Lady Red.

ptsportswriter is absolutley correct. take off the 2 freshmen and you have pretty much last years team minus their best player. they won 2 games all year. those 2 freshmen are true ball players. they work to get better every day. cocke county just folded at jeff county. they panicked. expect a closer game this friday. the lady red's biggest problem is that they are lacking leadership from their seniors. buda and depew are the leaders on this team. the future looks pretty good at Cocke County.