I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

There is only one person on the team that shoots, not because she is a ball hog but because no one else will. The other girls either can't/won't/arent allowed, whatever, the fact is the JC offense is non existent. They don't attack zone, they don't attack man to man. The stand and pass it around the perimeter, and odds are more than 3 passes = a turnover. The back door cuts were wide open all night last night and no one would pass it inside. Kelsey is the only one that will drive to the basket. Raiderray may be able to give more indepth analysis, I wont get into singling out players and weaknesses.

Probably had something to do with the 6 rejects in the paint by Cherokee's Walker. Made the paint look a little less inviting.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what ever you do dont give any credit to the kids from east for just wanting it more......and heaven forbid any of the questionable calls that were in favor of CC such as traveling, etc. be even mentioned. both teams played hard yet somewhat sloppy, east just won the defensive battle and leah leeper stepped it up and showed leadership. Good job Canes !!!!

how is acting "wanting it more"? if you want to be an actor, you can try to get in a movie or something. but playing defense is not falling down because she knows she cant guard her. i thought wanting it more was playing as hard as you could and actually playing defense. it is a shame that something like this to happen. there might have been some bad calls both way. but there was only one in the last 20 seconds that went against cc. i know there is not that many referees but give me a break. morristown referees + senior night = automatic loss for cocke county.

how is acting "wanting it more"? if you want to be an actor, you can try to get in a movie or something. but playing defense is not falling down because she knows she cant guard her. i thought wanting it more was playing as hard as you could and actually playing defense. it is a shame that something like this to happen. there might have been some bad calls both way. but there was only one in the last 20 seconds that went against cc. i know there is not that many referees but give me a break. morristown referees + senior night = automatic loss for cocke county.

ok, the wanting it more statement was just to white-wash what a sloppy game it was and that it could have went either way. also here's acting for you and of course no one ever teaches kids to flop a charge...but that aside.. to set your mind at ease the kid that got the call at the end of the game actually said she tripped over someone else(admitted it herself, its called honesty). as for referees.....well aint that always the way it goes(when the game ends in a loss)...why not just say that it wasnt a pretty game one set of kids won and the other lost, no matter which side you were on. anyway....cocke county has the real deal in buda and depew(of course i've seen that coming for a few years now). 2nd place is now a turkey shoot.

What do you expect from Morristown East at Greeneville tonight?

Who's officiating the game? :thumb:

Well....personally, I think East may be the 2nd best team in the conference and as it appears right now, only they and Cocke County probably have the best chance of knocking off Greeneville. (West has too many injuries and everything going against them, Jeff has all but folded it appears, and Cherokee just doesnt have the level of talent capable of doing that).

That said, Greeneville should win by 10+ points, but East's depth and mix of size/athleticism can cause problems.

I bet Cocke County fans will be rooting for Greeneville and listening to Bobby Rader when they're across town at West Greene tonight.

Who's officiating the game? :thumb:

Well....personally, I think East may be the 2nd best team in the conference and as it appears right now, only they and Cocke County probably have the best chance of knocking off Greeneville. (West has too many injuries and everything going against them, Jeff has all but folded it appears, and Cherokee just doesnt have the level of talent capable of doing that).

That said, Greeneville should win by 10+ points, but East's depth and mix of size/athleticism can cause problems.

I bet Cocke County fans will be rooting for Greeneville and listening to Bobby Rader when they're across town at West Greene tonight.

I don't really think that running all of those players in and out makes Morristown East a better team. They would be much better if he would have his first five and then subs. He just rotates them way too much. I believe that the I-MAC teams are going to have to get out of their zones. They are all sitting in the zones agains greeneville and getting beat. The guards for Greeneville have stepped up and made some big shots. I know people don't want to give up the inside game, but I would rather have someone score two points than three.

PT when do you get the AP rankings?

I don't really think that running all of those players in and out makes Morristown East a better team. They would be much better if he would have his first five and then subs. He just rotates them way too much. I believe that the I-MAC teams are going to have to get out of their zones. They are all sitting in the zones agains greeneville and getting beat. The guards for Greeneville have stepped up and made some big shots. I know people don't want to give up the inside game, but I would rather have someone score two points than three.

PT when do you get the AP rankings?

I think it gives them an advantage over some teams. Cocke County played 7 girls the other night and he played at least 12, I think.

But it can be disruptive at times, especially when he pulls all five. Someone could take advantage of that down the line. But Livesay is deeper in the conference than anyone else.

if the Greeneville guards are hitting, you've go to get out of the zone, I agree....but that just gives that team the advantage inside, its a catch-22. But how many teams can match-up that well with them and go man?

AP Rankings usually come out between 4 and 5....but I'll likely be on the road then.

Thanks for trying to put me on the spot! I will follow your lead, and not attempt an analysis, indepth or not.

Sorry RR, didn't intend to put you on the spot. Just thought you may have more insight into the situation. I just don't think its possible to discuss the problem without negativity toward individuals. That's why I choose to skip it.

Anyway, good luck to everyone in their non-conference games this week.

Greeneville by 6.....

Greeneville led 22-21 into the 4th......but East kinda collapsed it sounded like.

Lady Canes had 9 turnovers through 3 quarters and had 8 in the fourth quarter...

Tonight's result makes it simple on Friday.

East wins at West, and they claim a share of 2nd place. Cocke County wins at Cherokee and they claim a share of 2nd place. If one or the other loses, then the winner of the other game has outright 2nd place.

Jefferson County could claim a part of 2nd place with a win as well, but I dont think thats a strong possibility...but...this is this years IMAC.