William Blount @ Farragut - Round 2

FHS_Admiral

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Govs moved it pretty good but had a hard time cashing in. Believe it or not, Cole Lail played in the backfield and had several long runs. Haven't seen stats, but he probably had 60 - 70 yds rushing I bet.

Not surprised by Cole Lail's success. I coached Cole in football a few years ago. He played FB abd LB for me. I predict Cole will be a major D-1 recruit his senior year. Would that be WB's first from football if that were to happen?

Sorry about Darren. Seems he has had a tough injury year. Here is hoping for a speedy recovery..... :rolleyes:

Actually, a few years back, Josh Lawhon and Jared Rosenow signed with D1 Indiana State (certainly not a major but D1). Neither played much there I don't think. Way back, early 80's WB had a running back named Tony "Meathead" Robinson, who was pursued by a couple of SEC schools, but never was able to get in. Tony's son now plays for Alcoa.

T.J. actually was the one that was hurt during the season--missed most of Maryville game and all of Farragut game. I don't think Darren missed much.

By the way, I overlooked one very important name when I was mentioning who would be back for the Govs next season ... linebacker Will Irwin is the heart and soul of the defense. He's a wonderful kid to watch play ball.

It's a long way off, but it wouldn't surprise me at all for WB to put together a 7-3 or 8-2 type of season next year if they all stay out and all stay healthy.

You all right MLReb? Haven't heard much from you in the past week or so.

Farragut too tough in the 2nd half. Sterling looked AWESOME! We could not tackle him. WB had a very exciting season, and a productive one in my opinion. Good luck to the Admirals.

Believe it or not--there are a "few" adults associated with the Maryville program that I'm not real crazy about either, but there are many, many more (you included) that I consider great people and great friends.

Hey Govman....where do I fall in that catagory?....... :thumb:

Tough loss tonight. Great season thoug. I heard after the game that one of the Walker boys broke a leg. Just let him know our prayers are with him.

Farragut loses QB on 1st series, WB loses D Walker on the 1st series.

The coach for WB stated in the Knoxnews that the Walker kid had broken and dislocated his ankle. If that is #20 for WB, I got the chance to see him play on Offense and Defense against DB 2 weeks ago, and was very impressed. He played a great game at defensive end. It was that tough game...you know you are watching a great player, just wishing I wasn't watching him play great against the Tribe. Wish him well and hoping for a full recovery.

The coach for WB stated in the Knoxnews that the Walker kid had broken and dislocated his ankle. If that is #20 for WB, I got the chance to see him play on Offense and Defense against DB 2 weeks ago, and was very impressed. He played a great game at defensive end. It was that tough game...you know you are watching a great player, just wishing I wasn't watching him play great against the Tribe. Wish him well and hoping for a full recovery.

It was his brother..#25 who finished the year with 1534 yards. He plays the other DE spot.

HEY GOVMAN OR ETCOACH. JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW WE ARE ALL SAYING PRAYERS FOR DARREN. DOES HE PLAY BASKETBALL? WE WERE ALL BETTING HE DID SINCE HE IS SO BIG AD STRONG AD ATHLETIC. HE IS GOING TO PLAY FOOTBALL ANYWHERE? IS HE A SENIOR? I GET HIM MIXED UP WITH HIS BROTHER. THEY BOTH ARE GREAT.I HOPE HIS REHAB GOES WELL.

Edited by lovehsfootball

HEY GOVMAN OR ETCOACH. JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW WE ARE ALL SAYING PRAYERS FOR DARREN. DOES HE PLAY BASKETBALL? WE WERE ALL BETTING HE DID SINCE HE IS SO BIG AD STRONG AD ATHLETIC. HE IS GOING TO PLAY FOOTBALL ANYWHERE? IS HE A SENIOR? I GET HIM MIXED UP WITH HIS BROTHER. THEY BOTH ARE GREAT.I HOPE HIS REHAB GOES WELL.

We at WB appreciate your prayers for Darren. :lol:

He is a senior, #25. He doesn't play basketball though, and T.J. (his brother, #20, a junior) doesn't either.

They're both great athletes as well as friends, and, I'll be continuing to pray for Darren during his rehab.

We at WB appreciate your prayers for Darren. :lol:

He is a senior, #25. He doesn't play basketball though, and T.J. (his brother, #20, a junior) doesn't either.

They're both great athletes as well as friends, and, I'll be continuing to pray for Darren during his rehab.

Good luck and have a speedy recovery. Respect from the NEST