William Blount @ Farragut - Round 2

FHS_Admiral

Getting along is not as much fun :thumb: I wish I was a student. I'm OLD and getting older everyday. I just love having fun on here. I might see you at the game. I'll be the one wearing a helmet, bullet proof vest and an Ooltewah hoodie :D

loveshsfootball,

You obviously are a "good guy" who loves your team and loves to "ruffle feathers". I enjoy going back and forth with you. I give you a lot of credit cause you are real good at "dishing it out" but you can also "take it." That ,to me, is what makes Coach T fun.

I'm curious ... answer if you will ... are you an Ooltewah student? Or a grown-up like most the rest of us? Either way, you do a good job of getting us WB folks riled up without crossing over the line.

IF ... big, big IF ... somehow the Owls and the Govs end up getting together one more time, we'll have to hook up at the game. Maybe you can get Sarge, and Owlbino, and ImaOwl, and the others to come along. I'll introduce you guys to ETcoach. He's a good guy too. Can't we all just get along? :thumb:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The govs will win this game in a close one. These are both great teams, but I believe the thing that gives WB the edge is last week's big win. That was a HUGE game and good ol' William Blount pulled it off. They have major momentum going into this game. They have all the reason in the world to be confident, just not cocky. WB by a touchdown

Ooltewah absolutely did not get lucky against Farragut.

sure they did.. Farragut was inside the Ooltewah 30 4 times in the first half and came away with 7pts.. there was a missed fg and 2 turnover on downs.. Farragut doesnt normally get down the field then do nothing. but i guess if u want we can say that ooltewah didnt get lucky.. did u watch the game at all? Farragut almost won and htey could barely do what before the ooltewah game was all Farragut could do.. hand off to sterling.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Well, I vowed many years ago that no matter what I would absolutely regardless of the circumstances never ever cheer for Farragut in any sport on any occasion...and I've never been tempted to.

So, I'll be pulling for the Govs in this one.

My fear though goes back to the old saying "Act like you've been there before." I just can't imagine WB being able to do that. They have such a loser mentality at that school from the top down with their constant whining about officiating and other teams fans, punching out or otherwise abusing opponents' fans, players and press box personnel, and planning to tear down goal posts before getting blown out. If the Govs can act like they've been there before, that'd be great, but I think it's much more likely we'll be on here next week reading about why they should have won.

I'll be sure and tell Merritt and Housam and Jonathan Williams and the other YL leaders there at the school, and I'll let my own three kids know, and my son can tell his Honors Algebra I class (being sure to include his teacher) that you said "we're all a bunch of losers" down at WB.

Edited by GovMan

sure they did.. Farragut was inside the Ooltewah 30 4 times in the first half and came away with 7pts.. there was a missed fg and 2 turnover on downs.. Farragut doesnt normally get down the field then do nothing. but i guess if u want we can say that ooltewah didnt get lucky.. did u watch the game at all? Farragut almost won and htey could barely do what before the ooltewah game was all Farragut could do.. hand off to sterling.

i disagree, 3 ooltewah mistakes allowed farragut to get inside the 30, then the defense toughened up, ooltewah had plenty of chances as well my friend, did you watch the game? Ooltewah did not get lucky in that game.

Well, I vowed many years ago that no matter what I would absolutely regardless of the circumstances never ever cheer for Farragut in any sport on any occasion...and I've never been tempted to.

So, I'll be pulling for the Govs in this one.

My fear though goes back to the old saying "Act like you've been there before." I just can't imagine WB being able to do that. They have such a loser mentality at that school from the top down with their constant whining about officiating and other teams fans, punching out or otherwise abusing opponents' fans, players and press box personnel, and planning to tear down goal posts before getting blown out. If the Govs can act like they've been there before, that'd be great, but I think it's much more likely we'll be on here next week reading about why they should have won.

Papa that is a very good point.

WB needs to remain humble and hungry and they'll win this game. They are not world beaters, one of the best or a program who has arrived, but they are a good team and have better than average coaching. Also beating a program like DB under Meadows might be much different that beating DB under Reid. They have been this far, but not much further. I think they can get past Farragut and even win in the third round, beyond that who knows?

But if they get the cocky head shaking trash talking mentality they'll go down and it would be fine with me. Unlike other teams around the area that do that now there is real competition at the 5A level in east TN.

Papa that is a very good point.

WB needs to remain humble and hungry and they'll win this game. They are not world beaters, one of the best or a program who has arrived, but they are a good team and have better than average coaching. Also beating a program like DB under Meadows might be much different that beating DB under Reid. They have been this far, but not much further. I think they can get past Farragut and even win in the third round, beyond that who knows?

But if they get the cocky head shaking trash talking mentality they'll go down and it would be fine with me. Unlike other teams around the area that do that now there is real competition at the 5A level in east TN.

William Blount never beat DB under Reid.

i disagree, 3 ooltewah mistakes allowed farragut to get inside the 30, then the defense toughened up, ooltewah had plenty of chances as well my friend, did you watch the game? Ooltewah did not get lucky in that game.

of course i was at the game. i only remember 1 mistake and that was the interception on the first play.i dont remember ooltewah havin too many chacnes that they didnt take advantage of. i had a good time though. it was my first trip there. it was a great game. i hope i get the chance to go again.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

of course i was at the game. i only remember 1 mistake and that was the interception on the first play.i dont remember ooltewah havin too many chacnes that they didnt take advantage of. i had a good time though. it was my first trip there. it was a great game. i hope i get the chance to go again.

you don't call whiffing on 3 wide open shots at the qb for 10+ yard losses missing chances?

Ya turnover on downs. That means Ooltewah's DEFENSE stopped the Admirals. There were so many times Farragut was 3rd and 10+ and the qb scrambled around forever after mistackles and got the ball to open receivers. Farraguts offense was scrambling and throwing. The announcers of the game even stated that Ooltewah should of won the game by 2+ td's. I guess Ooltewah has been lucky all year long. 11-0....

This will be a low scoring game on a bad field. I'm thinking 17-10 type game. WB wins.

well if sevier county bets ooltewah..... i don't think they will lose again to the govs so for that reason i hope wb wins.... the same goes for ooltewah if they win i'm sure thet would rather see wb again because i don't believe ooltewah will allow a loss from the mighty govs... i would love nothing more than wb to absolutely stomp those admirals.... I HATE THEM..... lol... well their baseball fans anyway