William Blount @ Farragut - Round 2

FHS_Admiral

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GovMan and a few others have asked me to pick against the Gov's :o

Sorry I can't do it. You might notice I am normally right in my prog-nos-tiga-tions but I was wrong picking the Gov's to be destroyed by DB. I guess I forgot how much weaker Upper East TN football is compared to this area and knowing WB had the tougher schedule should have given me a better clue. DB has a histroy of folding the tent in the play-offs as well for some emotional reason, because without question they got the hogs to get-er-done. Having said that, and gotten the feathers out of my mouth I think WB's beats Farragut this Friday night.

By the way crow does not taste like chicken! :D

Edited by FBEmeritus

They have only been lucky once (vs Farragut) and only cheated once (against WB). However, I have come to the conclusion that Ooltewah played very poorly against WB. And, although WB did outplay Ooltewah on that night, if, by some miracle they were to meet again, Ooltewah would be the favorite. Also, Govman is right...I am a genius. (Just not when it comes to predicting..ask Tony Lewis).

Ya we were lucky against Farragut... Please...

etcoach you crack me up. I didn't mean to get you so fired up :D

They have only been lucky once (vs Farragut) and only cheated once (against WB). However, I have come to the conclusion that Ooltewah played very poorly against WB. And, although WB did outplay Ooltewah on that night, if, by some miracle they were to meet again, Ooltewah would be the favorite. Also, Govman is right...I am a genius. (Just not when it comes to predicting..ask Tony Lewis).

loveshsfootball,

You obviously are a "good guy" who loves your team and loves to "ruffle feathers". I enjoy going back and forth with you. I give you a lot of credit cause you are real good at "dishing it out" but you can also "take it." That ,to me, is what makes Coach T fun.

I'm curious ... answer if you will ... are you an Ooltewah student? Or a grown-up like most the rest of us? Either way, you do a good job of getting us WB folks riled up without crossing over the line.

IF ... big, big IF ... somehow the Owls and the Govs end up getting together one more time, we'll have to hook up at the game. Maybe you can get Sarge, and Owlbino, and ImaOwl, and the others to come along. I'll introduce you guys to ETcoach. He's a good guy too. Can't we all just get along? :rolleyes:

Well, I vowed many years ago that no matter what I would absolutely regardless of the circumstances never ever cheer for Farragut in any sport on any occasion...and I've never been tempted to.

So, I'll be pulling for the Govs in this one.

My fear though goes back to the old saying "Act like you've been there before." I just can't imagine WB being able to do that. They have such a loser mentality at that school from the top down with their constant whining about officiating and other teams fans, punching out or otherwise abusing opponents' fans, players and press box personnel, and planning to tear down goal posts before getting blown out. If the Govs can act like they've been there before, that'd be great, but I think it's much more likely we'll be on here next week reading about why they should have won.

The recipe for WB. Believe you belong. You do or you would not still be playing. Don't feel like you are just happy to be here. It is no fluke. You beat an outstanding team on the road. Enter this game with same intensity, prep and mindset that you did last week against DB and you will be fine.