William Blount @ Farragut - Round 2

FHS_Admiral

In my 6 years around Knoxville sports I don't remember them being great in one sport or another. What was the last sport and year WB won a state championship in a sport as a team? Don,t take as a shot at the WB program just wondering.

I can't wait for you to come Home and experience the Nest. We look forward to paying back last years embarrassments this isn't the same Owls they are scared on no one and it will take a helk of a team to beat them. Remember how Sterling ran all over them last time...??

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my 6 years around Knoxville sports I don't remember them being great in one sport or another. What was the last sport and year WB won a state championship in a sport as a team? Don,t take as a shot at the WB program just wondering.

Who cares about past Championships unless you were part of one! If you were congrats. This is not the History channel. These teams are playing for now not the past. See you back at the Nest next week for another slobberknocker.

Ok what is the scoop. Did the Farragut quarterback break his collar bone or not? Who is their back up?

Farragut wins 21-7. it was 0-0 at half. Andre Sterling pretty much took over in the second half. Michael Lawrence from what i heard broke his collarbone in Farragut's first series of the game. According to the radio they say Sterling had 251yds and 2tds.

Farragut is on a roll right now, (as is Ooltewah obviously) but losing michael really hurts. Martland stepped in and played a very good game though. If farragut can get the running game going unlike last time i think they definitely have the ability to win next week. Should be a great game.

And just for the record, can everyone give me their reasons again why everyone thought WB would come into farragut and run all over Farragut. Never made sense to me to begin with and it showed on the field.

Farragut is on a roll right now, (as is Ooltewah obviously) but losing michael really hurts. Martland stepped in and played a very good game though. If farragut can get the running game going unlike last time i think they definitely have the ability to win next week. Should be a great game.

And just for the record, can everyone give me their reasons again why everyone thought WB would come into farragut and run all over Farragut. Never made sense to me to begin with and it showed on the field.

who is MNichael what is his last name?

And by the way, my oldest daughter (getting ready to graduate) considers your momma one of her greatest teachers of all time. My son (who has her now) just considers her the "hardest" teacher he's ever had. :lol: In a year or two and on down the road, he'll realize how much he appreciates her though.

We're good ... I know you're a "Gov" at heart and always will be. Keep influencing those kids.

Hold on just a second... are we talking about the teacher that I think?

Honors Algebra 1?

If that's the case, then she is one of my all-time favorites also! I loved that class, and the teacher!

If you get a chance, tell her that TG from her fourth block last year said hi! :thumb:

I don't have that much to say about the gamr tonight that hasn't been said already.

I'm not sure that I see the point of re-hashing it all over again in a post just like all the other reasons that have been given.

It's extremely dissapointing, but, I want to thank all the Govs and especially the seniors for this great season, and their hard work and dedication!

If ya need me, I'll be on the b-ball boards 'til March! :thumb:

Believe it or not--there are a "few" adults associated with the Maryville program that I'm not real crazy about either, but there are many, many more (you included) that I consider great people and great friends.

Hey Govman....where do I fall in that catagory?....... :thumb:

Tough loss tonight. Great season thoug. I heard after the game that one of the Walker boys broke a leg. Just let him know our prayers are with him.

ML, you're definitely in the "great friend, great person" catagory ... even if you do push my buttons occasionally :) . Darren Walker severly injured his ankle (from what I heard it was broken and dislocated) early in the contest. Big blow to Govs both from a talent standpoint and an psychological standpoint.

Govs moved it pretty good but had a hard time cashing in. Believe it or not, Cole Lail played in the backfield and had several long runs. Haven't seen stats, but he probably had 60 - 70 yds rushing I bet.

Basically though, this game came down to a couple of things. First and foremost, the Sterling kid ran all over us. Second, Farraguts defense was strong.

I'm extremely proud of our seniors. A lot of heart . A lot of blue collar, hard working players. I believe they've left this team in a much better spot than where it was when they walked on the field as freshmen.

I expect the Govs to be "better" next year than they were this year. Lots of skill players back. Lots of good young players. A few names to remember for next season: Cole Lail, TJ Walker, Darren Garner, Grey Clevenger, Don Cope, several good linemen, many more names who logged lots of playing time this year and maybe most importantly, a leader, Tyler Burstrom, who has gotten so, so much better. He'll be one of, if not the, top qb's in the region next year. Also, look for some upperclass "newcomers" to join the team next year. Several really good athletes have caught the football bug I believe after watching WB this year and are considering going out for the team. This is good news. We've needed this to happen for awhile.

To Farragut, good luck next week. My prediction ... I have to lean towards Ooltewah. Big factor will be the status of Farragut's starting qb, who left game after first series after a "meeting" with T.J. Walker. Sterling is incredible ... best game of any back all year against WB last night. But if the Owls can spend all week knowing all the have to do is stop him, it will be tough for the Admirals to go down there and win.

Govs moved it pretty good but had a hard time cashing in. Believe it or not, Cole Lail played in the backfield and had several long runs. Haven't seen stats, but he probably had 60 - 70 yds rushing I bet.

Not surprised by Cole Lail's success. I coached Cole in football a few years ago. He played FB abd LB for me. I predict Cole will be a major D-1 recruit his senior year. Would that be WB's first from football if that were to happen?

Sorry about Darren. Seems he has had a tough injury year. Here is hoping for a speedy recovery..... :thumb:

Prayers for Darren.

Not surprised by Cole Lail's success. I coached Cole in football a few years ago. He played FB abd LB for me. I predict Cole will be a major D-1 recruit his senior year. Would that be WB's first from football if that were to happen?

Sorry about Darren. Seems he has had a tough injury year. Here is hoping for a speedy recovery..... :thumb: