Red Bank vs. Knox West

KnoxWest#63

What kind of offense does Red Bank run?

Against Powell they were pretty much spread all night long and worked out of the shotgun most of the night. They have a tailback who went over 1,100 yards for the year. He's on the smallish side (listed at 5'8" and 144 on their roster), and 4 good receivers. When they go to an I formation they have a good fullback in the Sims kid.

The quarterback, Jake Ledbetter, throws the ball well and ran the offense very efficiently. They went no huddle pretty much all night, too. Ledbetter threw for just under 2,000 yards this year and set a school record for TD passes with 26, according to what Coach Daniels told me. He reminds me of a more athletic Reese McMahan - he's lefthanded like Reese, as well.

Their team is all about speed. Defensively they are as quick as any team i've seen in a while. They aren't very big, but they all seem to run very well.

In 11 games now they have 6 shutouts and have given up only 48 points all year long. I don't care if you are playing against air, that is impressive.

On offense they came in to Friday night averaging 38 points per game and scored 37, so they are still right at that number.

Their coach is Tim Daniels, who was at Loudon for several years before he went to Red Bank 5 years ago. He's done a good job with that program.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Bank reminds me of a West Coast offense that likes to get the ball out of the QBs hands and into some playmakers. Ledbetter does not have the strongest arm, but he is very accurate when he lets it go down field. I think Red Bank has a great game plan when it comes to the offense. They throw it short when the defense gives it to them, but if they play up they can hit a post or long pass down field. They have also shown the ability to run the ball when needed to. If West can slow down the game a bit it will be a good one. The key to both of these teams is using their opponents speed against them.

RB IS GOOD AT TAKING WHAT YOU GIVE THEM. THEY DO HAVE A LOT OF TEAM SPEED. THE THING THAT IMPRESSED ME THE MOST ABOUT THEIR OFFENSE IS THEIR SHORT PASSING GAME. THEIR WHOLE OFFENSIVE SCHEME IS GOOD, BUT THEY USE THE SHORT PASS VERY WELL. LEDBETTER IS A VERY ACCURATE PASSER, THEIR RECEIVERS HAVE GOOD HANDS AND RUN WELL AFTER THE CATCH. THE BAD THING ABOUT ALL THAT IS, IF YOU PLAY UP ON THEM, THEY CAN EASILY GO DEEP ON YOU. I'VE NEVER SEEN KNOX WEST PLAY SO I CAN'T MAKE A PREDICTION. I HAVE SEEN RB PLAY AND THEY ARE SOLID. IT SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT BUT MY TEAM IS PLAYING AT MARYVILLE. GOOD LUCK TO RB.

Powell's offense had some success moving the ball downfield against Red Bank with an offense that down right stunk this year. West's offense is a whole lot better than Powell's and they know how to get the ball in the endzone. Red Bank has a very good offense from what I saw at Powell but West's D is faster than Powell, but smaller than Powell's. I think this one could go to either team, but I like West in this one by 1. The key to this game will be who can control the line of scrimmage and who can use their size more.

Against Powell they were pretty much spread all night long and worked out of the shotgun most of the night. They have a tailback who went over 1,100 yards for the year. He's on the smallish side (listed at 5'8" and 144 on their roster), and 4 good receivers. When they go to an I formation they have a good fullback in the Sims kid.

The quarterback, Jake Ledbetter, throws the ball well and ran the offense very efficiently. They went no huddle pretty much all night, too. Ledbetter threw for just under 2,000 yards this year and set a school record for TD passes with 26, according to what Coach Daniels told me. He reminds me of a more athletic Reese McMahan - he's lefthanded like Reese, as well.

Their team is all about speed. Defensively they are as quick as any team i've seen in a while. They aren't very big, but they all seem to run very well.

In 11 games now they have 6 shutouts and have given up only 48 points all year long. I don't care if you are playing against air, that is impressive.

On offense they came in to Friday night averaging 38 points per game and scored 37, so they are still right at that number.

Their coach is Tim Daniels, who was at Loudon for several years before he went to Red Bank 5 years ago. He's done a good job with that program.

Good post HTV, your on the money like normal. I think Red Bank is the team to beat from that area and that offence has got Coach Hammondtree’s finger prints all over it! II will be pulling for Knotz West to knock off the Lions. This would give Maryville the home field and save me the gas money for having to go down there should the Maryville Rebels defeat Rhea this Friday. If they don't I'll go watch Alcoa cake walk over somebody or WB play after they beat Farragut.

I like to look at numbers and I noted the Lions though 11-0 the records of their opponents is a dismal 50-67. Six shutouts are impressive if the third shirts are doing it but the records of the teams the Lions shutout were 26-36. Knotz West opponents records combined were 68-49 and they played two undefeated regional champs this season scoring 19 on Morristown West's first string on MW's home turf, a tough place to play. I think West has a great shot at beating the Lions if they play good ball.

I bet Red Bank is a tough place to play but West has had to play at a few tough places as well. Good luck to both teams and I hope West get's it done!.

Powell's offense had some success moving the ball downfield against Red Bank with an offense that down right stunk this year. West's offense is a whole lot better than Powell's and they know how to get the ball in the endzone. Red Bank has a very good offense from what I saw at Powell but West's D is faster than Powell, but smaller than Powell's. I think this one could go to either team, but I like West in this one by 1. The key to this game will be who can control the line of scrimmage and who can use their size more.

RB's offensive line can deal with fast... they practice against one of the fastest defenses in the state

Good post HTV, your on the money like normal. I think Red Bank is the team to beat from that area and that offence has got Coach Hammondtree’s finger prints all over it! II will be pulling for Knotz West to knock off the Lions. This would give Maryville the home field and save me the gas money for having to go down there should the Maryville Rebels defeat Rhea this Friday. If they don't I'll go watch Alcoa cake walk over somebody or WB play after they beat Farragut.

I like to look at numbers and I noted the Lions though 11-0 the records of their opponents is a dismal 50-67. Six shutouts are impressive if the third shirts are doing it but the records of the teams the Lions shutout were 26-36. Knotz West opponents records combined were 68-49 and they played two undefeated regional champs this season scoring 19 on Morristown West's first string on MW's home turf, a tough place to play. I think West has a great shot at beating the Lions if they play good ball.

I bet Red Bank is a tough place to play but West has had to play at a few tough places as well. Good luck to both teams and I hope West get's it done!.

"Hammontree's fingerprints" ??????????????

He coached at Rhea Co. and has no connection that I know of to Red Bank. RB's head coach came from Loudon and their offensive Coordinator came from Hixson and Notre Dame High School.

Please explain your reasoning, thanks.

I have been to Red Bank twice as of Halls playing them. Two things you need to know about Chattanooga Red Bank, 1 both times I've been there, Not many fans show up to the games. 2 They have no MoonPies