Sevier Co. @ Ooltewah

thorough97

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is me doing my best analyst job since I've seen the Hilltoppers play both teams. With that omission comes an disclaimer that the boys played Sevier County in week 4 and the Ooltewah in the first round of the playoffs. Since the Sevier County game their has been a lot said in the community that the Head Coach is out and already knows it. If that's the case then it would explain the db game and the Owls, because it did not seem that they were trying to win either of those games to anyone I talked to whom watched them.

The SC game saw Science Hill jump out to an 10 point lead very quickly in the first quarter before the Bears scored 22 points in the second stanza. It wasn't that they scored but how they scored. They seemed to turn it up another notch and after an interception right before half time SC qb Watson made one of the most impressive runs, I've seen this year, on a scramble and 27 yard touchdown to put them up by 12. They capitalized on all of SHHS miscues and just beat the Toppers down with an mixture of runnig and passing that was precise and lethal. Don't get fooled into thinking that the Bears are Corey Watson and nothing else because they are loaded on the offensive side of the ball and play good defense.

Ooltewah allowed Science Hill to move the ball well. Of the 4 interceptions that were thrown by the SHHS starting qb maybe only one was forced, the others were bad decisions mixed with overconfidence. Science Hill gave the ball to the Owls four time in the first half and found theirselves only down 24-0 and at least to me, still in the game. Yes, SHHS was LUCKY to not be down by 50 but they weren't. Very impressed with the fullbacks (who I would give the ball more) and the outstanding tailback that plays for Ooltewah. They have outstanding speed on both sides of the ball and play alot of man to man coverage. They tackle very well. Do any outstanding job of play calling on offense to create space for their skill players to work with. Outstanding offense and good defense but seem to lack an killer instinct and that's just because they didn't captialize on the turnovers like I like to see good teams do. They are good and without an doubt on the best two teams that SHHS faced this year........the other is Sevier County.

Tale of the Tape

QB- Sevier County- while the Owls had a good qb who made some really nice throws, Watson is just lethal. He throws the ball just as good and has some wheels on him. You had better wrap up and make sure he is on the ground.

RB- Even- if you count the fullbacks, then it goes to the Owls but since the tailbacks will be doing most of the running it evens out. Both teams have short tough running backs that get the job done. I believe that the SC back is faster by an step or two but I wouldn't pick one over the other.

WR- Even- both teams have tall, fast receivers who go for the ball and do something with it after the catch. If my memory serves me right most of SC players go both way at the skill postions so it might allow for the Owls to make some plays agains guys with legs who may be a lil tired.

OL- Sevier County. Remember this is from what I've seen against the Toppers. These guys don't open up holes but running lanes. I remember alot of counters that put their runners into the secondary. Seems to me that the Owls running backs were bouncing outside and just not the case against Sevier County.

DB- Sevier County- yeah the Owls had four interceptions but three were right to the defenders. SC's db play close to the line for the running game but had the speed not to get deep. It will be interesting to see how the Owls secondary can defend against the play action with an strong armed qb.

LB- Ooltewah- Correct me if I'm wrong but SC dbs make most of the tackles. Oolteway linebackers seem to get to the ball very well. Don't provide alot of wiggle room and get people on the ground.

DL- Ooltewah- they stayed in the Science Hill backfield and was disruptive from the start. They are fast and able to get off blockers well. Can be argued that the errant passing of SHHS was because of their lineman.

Coaching- Even. Both teams are well coached and disciplined. I think that the Bears playbook might be a lil deeper but maybe Ooltewah didn't need to show everything.

I know it's cliche but the team that is able to win the turnover battle will win this game. I believe that both teams posses alot of confidence and overcome adversity. When Seveir County has lost this year it's turnovers can be traced. With that being said and on the condition that everyone is healthy on both teams if Sevier County can keep their to's under three they win by 4. If Ooltewah causes 3 or more turnovers they win 6.

I believe that neither team will be able to stop the other and that it will be an close high scoring game. 56 points combined. If it was at Sevier I would be there. Good luck to both teams.

Edited by topvol98

topvol98..... great post always enjoy hearing from you... i think you are pretty dead on about sevier.... minus maybe the db's i'm gonna have to say most tackles made by linebackers with lots of safety run support.... and they like to line up in a nickle so they basically have 2 defensive backs playing linebacker..... this one is gonna be a barn burner... i remember going down to the nest in 2001 and boy did da bears get stompped.... from the looks of things this bears team has become a much better ball club... correct me if i'm wrong but i believe that was the year cory watson's older brother ryan split time at quarterback with tyler shultz and ryan basically ran the same type offense just not nearly as well as his younger brother.....regardless i look forward to the long drive to see some great 5a playoff action congrats to both teams on great seasons and making it to the second round...

Here is me doing my best analyst job since I've seen the Hilltoppers play both teams. With that omission comes an disclaimer that the boys played Sevier County in week 4 and the Ooltewah in the first round of the playoffs. Since the Sevier County game their has been a lot said in the community that the Head Coach is out and already knows it. If that's the case then it would explain the db game and the Owls, because it did not seem that they were trying to win either of those games to anyone I talked to whom watched them.

The SC game saw Science Hill jump out to an 10 point lead very quickly in the first quarter before the Bears scored 22 points in the second stanza. It wasn't that they scored but how they scored. They seemed to turn it up another notch and after an interception right before half time SC qb Watson made one of the most impressive runs, I've seen this year, on a scramble and 27 yard touchdown to put them up by 12. They capitalized on all of SHHS miscues and just beat the Toppers down with an mixture of runnig and passing that was precise and lethal. Don't get fooled into thinking that the Bears are Corey Watson and nothing else because they are loaded on the offensive side of the ball and play good defense.

Ooltewah allowed Science Hill to move the ball well. Of the 4 interceptions that were thrown by the SHHS starting qb maybe only one was forced, the others were bad decisions mixed with overconfidence. Science Hill gave the ball to the Owls four time in the first half and found theirselves only down 24-0 and at least to me, still in the game. Yes, SHHS was LUCKY to not be down by 50 but they weren't. Very impressed with the fullbacks (who I would give the ball more) and the outstanding tailback that plays for Ooltewah. They have outstanding speed on both sides of the ball and play alot of man to man coverage. They tackle very well. Do any outstanding job of play calling on offense to create space for their skill players to work with. Outstanding offense and good defense but seem to lack an killer instinct and that's just because they didn't captialize on the turnovers like I like to see good teams do. They are good and without an doubt on the best two teams that SHHS faced this year........the other is Sevier County.

Tale of the Tape

QB- Sevier County- while the Owls had a good qb who made some really nice throws, Watson is just lethal. He throws the ball just as good and has some wheels on him. You had better wrap up and make sure he is on the ground.

RB- Even- if you count the fullbacks, then it goes to the Owls but since the tailbacks will be doing most of the running it evens out. Both teams have short tough running backs that get the job done. I believe that the SC back is faster by an step or two but I wouldn't pick one over the other.

WR- Even- both teams have tall, fast receivers who go for the ball and do something with it after the catch. If my memory serves me right most of SC players go both way at the skill postions so it might allow for the Owls to make some plays agains guys with legs who may be a lil tired.

OL- Sevier County. Remember this is from what I've seen against the Toppers. These guys don't open up holes but running lanes. I remember alot of counters that put their runners into the secondary. Seems to me that the Owls running backs were bouncing outside and just not the case against Sevier County.

DB- Sevier County- yeah the Owls had four interceptions but three were right to the defenders. SC's db play close to the line for the running game but had the speed not to get deep. It will be interesting to see how the Owls secondary can defend against the play action with an strong armed qb.

LB- Ooltewah- Correct me if I'm wrong but SC dbs make most of the tackles. Oolteway linebackers seem to get to the ball very well. Don't provide alot of wiggle room and get people on the ground.

DL- Ooltewah- they stayed in the Science Hill backfield and was disruptive from the start. They are fast and able to get off blockers well. Can be argued that the errant passing of SHHS was because of their lineman.

Coaching- Even. Both teams are well coached and disciplined. I think that the Bears playbook might be a lil deeper but maybe Ooltewah didn't need to show everything.

I know it's cliche but the team that is able to win the turnover battle will win this game. I believe that both teams posses alot of confidence and overcome adversity. When Seveir County has lost this year it's turnovers can be traced. With that being said and on the condition that everyone is healthy on both teams if Sevier County can keep their to's under three they win by 4. If Ooltewah causes 3 or more turnovers they win 6.

I believe that neither team will be able to stop the other and that it will be an close high scoring game. 56 points combined. If it was at Sevier I would be there. Good luck to both teams.

Good post with a lot of reasoning behind it. The only thing is that I think a lot of your reasoning is wrong.

QB - Even - I realize Woods may not put up the kind of numbers that Watson does and may not be the kind of athlete he is, but Woods is as good of a QB as they come. He does everything you can't ask for on a run-dominated team.

RB - Ooltewah - Don't let some of the stats fool you. If Benny Monroe had left Marshall carry 20+ times every game. You would see him near the tops in the state. However, because Ooltewah would get such big leads early, his carries were limited. I believe there was 3 game where he had less than 10 carries. Plus, there is no was SC's RB is faster, being that Marshall is a track superstar in Tennessee.

WR - SC - It wouldn't be a stretch to say that SC's receivers are better than Ooltewah's. Ooltewah's revievers get really open because of the run threat. However they do cause a lot of concern with their size

DL - Ooltewah - I don't need an explination.

LB - Ooltewah - Same thing you said

DB - Even - The Owls DB's may be undersized and may give up some yards, but they always seem to make the big plays when needed. See SH game.

Coach - Ooltewah - Do you know who the coach is?

I WAS BUYING IN TO MOST OF THIS, UNTIL YOU SAID YOURE RB IS ABOUT A STEP FASTER. OMG IF HE IS, I WILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY. I DO NOT BELIEVE IT UNTIL I SEE IT. I WOULD NOT TRADE QB'S WITH YOU. WOODS KNOWS THE OFFENSE IN AND OUT AND YOU HAVE NOT SEEN HIS BEST GAME YET. AND THE FACT YOU SAY THE COACHING IS EVEN? YOURE JOKING RIGHT? BASED ON WHAT? GOOGLE BENNY MONROE. ENOUGH SAID.

Good post with a lot of reasoning behind it. The only thing is that I think a lot of your reasoning is wrong.

QB - Even - I realize Woods may not put up the kind of numbers that Watson does and may not be the kind of athlete he is, but Woods is as good of a QB as they come. He does everything you can't ask for on a run-dominated team.

RB - Ooltewah - Don't let some of the stats fool you. If Benny Monroe had left Marshall carry 20+ times every game. You would see him near the tops in the state. However, because Ooltewah would get such big leads early, his carries were limited. I believe there was 3 game where he had less than 10 carries. Plus, there is no was SC's RB is faster, being that Marshall is a track superstar in Tennessee.

WR - SC - It wouldn't be a stretch to say that SC's receivers are better than Ooltewah's. Ooltewah's revievers get really open because of the run threat. However they do cause a lot of concern with their size

DL - Ooltewah - I don't need an explination.

LB - Ooltewah - Same thing you said

DB - Even - The Owls DB's may be undersized and may give up some yards, but they always seem to make the big plays when needed. See SH game.

Coach - Ooltewah - Do you know who the coach is?

sevier's running back is not faster than brian marshall, i assure you! go owls!

I haven't seen anyone in 2 years a STEP faster than Brian Marshall, Including Gaston Miller (who's now at Vandy). Marshall may not be big but he is the most explosive back I have seen. He is very tough to tackle one on one running up the middle, and virtually impossible in the open field.