McCallie vs Christian Brothers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie sure is on a roll this year but what about the future?

I know several key players are seniors this year... Overall, are they a young team this year or stocked with a great senior class?

Can anyone point me to a roster for McCallie online? Thanks!

You can go to: www.mccallie.org. There, you will find a link on the left hand side of the page titled, "Athletics." Once you put your cursor on the link there will be another link titled, "Upper School Athletics." Click on that and it will take you to the sports page where you will see the athletic teams McCallie offers by season. On the football home page is McCallie's schedule, roster, record, history, etc.

McCallie will be playing their 4th game at Finley this year... Why is that?

Everyone on this board who has any sense knows McCallie and Baylor wouldn't whoop Ooltewah or Red Bank. They would be great games but any one of those teams could beat the other one on any given night. DII schools are in a different league because they are private schools who can go out of state and around the state to get kids to come to their school. Thats why they are in a different league. Thats why they have the best athletes around the state who later goes on to the bigger colleges. Public schools has to play with whatever is living in their zone. Ooltewah can't bring kids in from around the state and ssoutheast to play for them. Whatever Hunter and Ooltewah Middle gives them is what they have to go with. DII schools also has a lot more money than us public schools. McCallie can afford to pay for an ex-TN weight coach while public schools are stuck with whatever the principal hires. Go look at facilities. Go into the Ooltewah weight room and look at how old and crappy their equipment is and then go to McCallie or Baylor and look how much money they put into those things. There are a lot of differences why DII team are in a different league and why they produce better players. They can afford better everything for their students. After saying all that, I do hope McCallie, Baylor, Temple and Red Bank win tomorrow night. That will represent Chattanooga well. Good luck to all teams and I'll see you guys Friday Night!

jus to close dis argument. 1. mccalie turned down gerald riggs, 2. one ooltwhas best players is a former blue tornado. NOW, im not sayin ooltwah dooin anything wrong, but that could look ajus the same as mcc. plus ooltwah is free.

good luck to owls i think i probly b @ red bank friday and go to the boro sat, but good luck 2 yall.

Edited by schmukduck

jus to close dis argument. 1. mccalie turned down gerald riggs, 2. one ooltwhas best players is a former blue tornado. NOW, im not sayin ooltwah dooin anything wrong, but that could look ajus the same as mcc. plus ooltwah is free.

good luck to owls i think i probly b @ red bank friday and go to the boro sat, but good luck 2 yall.

And this was edited!!!

I did not see the game. But on one of the local news channels talked about him. About his just being a freshman and how really good he was. They don't usually do that for the out of town team....so he must have had a great night.

i was wondering if any chattanooga people saw that freshman runningback from CBHS play? If you did, i would like to know what ya'll thought about his performance. Personally i think in a few years he'll be a huge prospect.