Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Maryville wins this one much easier than some people think. It's meaningless to compare the brainerd score and others. Every team has at least one game a season where they really underperform. Having watched Maryville football over the past years, I can't tell you how many "big games" turned out to be not so big after all - games with MoWest (all but one!), Tennessee High, Greeneville, Knox Central, Powell, Cleveland, Rhea Co., and one particularly memorable game against Red Bank with Gerald Riggs. I also remember Red Bank fans telling Maryville fans before the game that no one could stop Riggs, nobody had stopped him in two years blah blah blah. We know the outcome. A bunch of "nameless" Maryville players won the game. Maryville fans arn't cocky. I think its just when you've been in as many "Big games" as Maryville has, you really consider the only big game to be state. And we have seen some tough competition in state the past few years. Does anyone know how many undefeated teams Maryville has eleminated in the playoffs under Quarles? I would be interested to find out. Knox Central had a few years when their only lossese (2) were to Maryville. I could be wrong, but I think Maryville will show Red Bank what state champions are made of. Maryville by 21+ (this should get a rise out of some people I reckon)

Well, I guess that was a pretty good prediction on my part. Seriously though, Congrats to Red Bank. I went over to your side tonight and talked to some of my Red Bank friends, and most everybody over there was both knowledgable and friendly. I know games like this are tough, especially when you're undefeated and have high hopes. In 97 we got our tails handed to us by Pearl Cohn in the Championship. The next year, we took it all the way. The experience you all got tonight can only help you in the future. Good game either way, and excellent performance by Maryville.

Great effort by the Rebels! I had no idea we would be able to dominate this team on both sides of the ball the way we did. Baker had an outstanding game, particularly in the first half. Both QBs played well as well as all the receivers. And the defense was OUTSTANDING. Red Bank has a nice facility but it would be good for their visitors if they could move the scoreboard so that it is visible on the visitors side. Lots of interesting posts this week and that is what makes the week leading up to the game so interesting. Congratz to Red Bank on a 12-1 season. Hopefully the Brainerd comparisons are finished. :P

I told yall not to bet against GQ and staff. I got a call and was told that the Rebs were down 14-3. I told them that RB wouldn't see the endzone again! Blount Co. football is on another level now! Could this be two 3-peats in the same County??? See you in the Boro Rebs!! :thumb:

hey alcoa, great game to you all tonight. and maryville to you also.

i got to see that maryville gmme and it was a good one.

RB you have know reason to hang your heads tonight. you boys played some good ball. and speed you really do have.

aside from to after plays, the conduct was ok from both sides. way to keep it on the up and up boys

again, congrats to the winners and hope to see some of you knoxville boys over in maryville or going with alcoa to show your support.

i'll be at one of the games too.

dear LORD, thank you for letting these boys play a good game and keeping everybody safe. amen.

What a game. Maryville played great tonight. Derek Hunt played a great game tonight. After that fumble Tank Baker ran like a wildman. Offensive line did a great job of pass protection. Ryan Reisser came up huge tonight with some nice catches. Maples and Shiver were their usuall selves. Aaron Douglas made a great catch tonight. I loved the reverse pass. A little smoke and mirrors never hurts. Offense put up 38 points against a great defense tonight.

As great as the offense was. The defense was much better. The defense shut down a Red Bank team that was averaging 38 points a game. Red Bank scored on the 1st play of the game on a trick play. The other touchdown was on a fumble recovery ran back. The defensive line dominated the Red Bank offensive line. That quarterback for Red Bank will be very sore in the morning.

What a great day it was. Got to eat ribs at Sticky Fingers then I watched the Rebel play their best game of the season.I enjoyed having Otis Beaver at the game with me. Me and Jimmy Potter enjoyed having Otis Beaver with us. It was great to see pepvol,rebel78,qb#7,STARS,Ronnie Irwin and Slappy with us at Sticky fingers. We all put a hurting on those ribs. It would have been better had the insider been with us.

Thanksgiving always is much better when their is a Rebel game the next day.

Beat MOWest.

Just got back from Chattanooga/Red Bank. Great game by the Rebels. Domination comes to mind to describe this one. D shut them down all night.I do not think they ever passed the 50 after that first trick play.

Too many weapons for Red Bank to defend. The pass was open all night but I like the fact GQ wore them down with the run . Tank ran hard and had alot of second and third effort yards.It seemed RB D was on the field the whole first half.