Maryville vs Mo-town West (again!)

Past30

Like I said and was laughed at, it was a good crowd till the 3rd qtr. Well I was wrong the crowd started leaving middle of the 2nd qtr and many left at the half.

Great job Maryville, knew this could be a smack down, but I had no idea MW was this weak. What happended to that running game? Well some of the running vs. the 2nd and 3rd string was productive. Again GQ who is all class took his foot off the gas pedal in 1st qtr. I do admire that painted equipment trailer and MW had a great tailgating party. Good luck next time and congratz on your 2-4A region title.

Looks like Hillsboro again they are putting the wipping on Henry County prety solid like I thought they would.

Congratulations to Maryville and good luck to you next week in the state championship. I hope you'll be able to bring a gold ball back to east tennessee - after what I saw tonight, I don't think you'll have any trouble.

FBE, GQ is all class - maybe you could spend a little more time around him. Thanks for the comment on the region II title though.

To the rest of the Maryville faithful, thanks for being gracious hosts - everyone I came in contact with was amicable and helpful. Safe travels to all of you to Murfreesboro.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to MOWest on a fine season.

Congratulations to these Maryville seniors for putting on a great show for their last home game.Hopefully they can do something that has never been done before. That is to go undefeated for their whole varsity career. 45-0 record would look great.

What a great effort tonight. Offense was unstoppable. Tyler Maples was great. Everyone on offense did their job tonight.

Defense did a great job tonight.

Way to go Maryville-I will see you guys next week!

There will be quite a few interested fans there and more locals than normal because Alcoa is on the road out of town for their semi-final 2A cake walk! (FBE I've asked you to keep Alcoa out of your mouth-there was no need to mention them at all)

Congrats Rebels-great game nephew!

First I can talk Alcoa anytime.

Second How was that cake walk? I mean was it anything else?

Congratz. see you Friday night, and good luck

Congrats to MoWest on a good season.

I was concerned about their D coming in because bmart said it was as good as 2003. Well I have to respectfully disagree. Knox West was by far the best team MoWest played. No disrespect, but when you play a team in the quarter finals who lost by 14 to 3-A Carter, you have to be concerned about the competition you have played.

Maryville played great the 1st half. Complete DOMINATION.

Someone who mentioned the class of GQ said it right. He had a chance to add more points before halftime, deep in West territory and just let the clock run out. Lots of sophomores and a few freshman played the 2nd half.

Lastly, congrats to the Maryville Seniors. Undefeated in their careers and undeafeated at home.

ONE more step.

See everybody at Maryville's winter home.....The Boro. :thumb:

So more or less, you are saying teams need to schedule Carson Newman next year to prepare for Maryville? CN does not do as good a job recruiting as maryville.

Yeah, more or less.

Canefan72 don't get your panties in a wad. I can't help it if you can't beat a 3-A team.

With me leading the garbige/recrutin' charge, I'll guarantee you C-N does not do a good job recruitin as I do. And C-N can't haul garbige as good as me either.

Edited by STARSNBARS

So more or less, you are saying teams need to schedule Carson Newman next year to prepare for Maryville? CN does not do as good a job recruiting as maryville.

[/quote]

:thumb: There is that class we were counting on. Not to worry Mo West fans.........we all have our classless idiots.....here is one of yours.... :thumb:

Edited by MLREB

Congrats to thr Rebels on a very well played game. I have a hard time believing anyone on this state will be able to stop you, good luck and bring the gold ball to east tennessee. Thanks to everyone I came in contact with at the game a very classy group of fans, players, & coaches.

To the Trojans it's hard to take at this time but you had a great season not many teams in this state finished 13 and 1. Keep your heads up we are proud of you. To the seniors thank you I hope all of you have continued success in whatever your future holds. To the underclassmen.... remember what that felt like friday night... channel that feeling into a positive with harder workouts & dedication to excellence.