Mt. Pleasant @ Jackson Christian

wuzMP63

whoa whoa whoa...where did i say he was a one-man show? (ha maybe i should be a songwriter B) ) what i said was "he is your offense" and i compared him as springer to LC and Bracey to UC. and yes, i will admit, from what i've seen daily is superior to both of them. he's like a combo of springer (extreme speed) and bracey (breaking tackles). You guys have a good line and a good D. I'm not taking that away from you, I'm just sayin he gets the vast majority of your offensive yards. Surely you can't deny me that much. the numbers don't lie... 290 out of the 371 yard total in the JB/MTP game.

Actually it was more like 350 of the 371. He had like sixty something passing yards too. LOL. I was looking at the stats that Coach always puts up at school, and after watching the film again, he had MP having 378 total yards on 51 plays, and Jo Byrns having 378 total yards on 53 total plays. It dont get much closer then that.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it was more like 350 of the 371. He had like sixty something passing yards too. LOL. I was looking at the stats that Coach always puts up at school, and after watching the film again, he had MP having 378 total yards on 51 plays, and Jo Byrns having 378 total yards on 53 total plays. It dont get much closer then that.

yea i saw the film...i was impressed with his arm...but what was up w/ the thing where he went for the 2 w/ a basketball style shot??? it looked like he jumped over yall n was tryin to make a basket... did he do that on purpose?

yea i saw the film...i was impressed with his arm...but what was up w/ the thing where he went for the 2 w/ a basketball style shot??? it looked like he jumped over yall n was tryin to make a basket... did he do that on purpose?

Yeah it was designed, did u not see the line like bend over and squeeze down. It is the same play Tim Tebow for Florida ran earlier this season. We played it well, and had 2 different guys tip it, but the receiver had long arms and managed to catch it anyways.

One more game..Let's go J.C.S...I will be coming to your game..I may be wasting my time..according to all the Mt.Pleasant fans..but you guys have probably played a tougher schedule during the year..Mt.Pleasant did beat a good Jo Byrns team..I saw Jo Byrns play Halls the first game of the year at Halls and it was a 13-6 about midway in the 2nd quarter until Halls threw an interception and Jo Byrns athleticism showed up..So..by just going on that game..and I'm sure Jo Byrns improved each week..I still believe J.C.S. will win over Mt.Pleasant..I will be there first hand to witness Mr.Football in person!

One more game..Let's go J.C.S...I will be coming to your game..I may be wasting my time..according to all the Mt.Pleasant fans..but you guys have probably played a tougher schedule during the year..Mt.Pleasant did beat a good Jo Byrns team..I saw Jo Byrns play Halls the first game of the year at Halls and it was a 13-6 about midway in the 2nd quarter until Halls threw an interception and Jo Byrns athleticism showed up..So..by just going on that game..and I'm sure Jo Byrns improved each week..I still believe J.C.S. will win over Mt.Pleasant..I will be there first hand to witness Mr.Football in person!

We'll be looking for you - wear your school colors... Or blue and white if you'd like :thumb:

Edited by Gocart

The Laugerhead thinks that this is Mt. Pleasant's one and only shot at going to the championship game, they must make the most of the opportunity. This should be a very competitive game to decide who gets to represent the west in the Boro.

MP is only losing about 4-5 starters, thats for both offense and defense combined. The entire backfield is juniors, and MP starts 7-8 sophmores and one freshman. You tell me if this is really their last chance.

dont think he could play qb at next level...

runnin back tho......

and to all the mount pleasant fans that keep gettin offended by all the people sayin yall are a one man team this is prob why........in the JBHS game daily had 290 rushin yards and the total yarded was only 371 if u saw that on another team you'd say the same thing.....the defense plays like a team theres no way u can say there a one man team, but the offense is a little different

I know Marco is the man but dont forget about his blocking backs, his blocking recievers, and of course his o-line. If those guys dont do a good job consistently he isnt the same Marco. So if he does have 90% of the yardage in a game, it is because those guys did their job.

One more game..Let's go J.C.S...I will be coming to your game..I may be wasting my time..according to all the Mt.Pleasant fans..but you guys have probably played a tougher schedule during the year.

MP is in the semifinals and one game away from the state championship game, if I or any other MP fans want to get on here and suppot, pull for, and predict our team to a victory we can. If you think it is a waste of your time to go and support your team, that is your right. As far as our region, during the playoffs region 6 (Wayne Co.) knock out Cascade a top 5 team in the state and MP beat the #1 team in the state. Region 6 won 3 of the 4 first round games of what even Murphy Fair was the toughest region in 1A. Ok I'm finished preaching.

Go Tigers!!!! One win away from the 'Boro.....

Marco needs 3 more rushing TD to break a TSSAA record for rushing TD in a season. This will break a 2001 record set by Riverdales Ralph King, which is 43.

Marco only needs 316 yards to match another TSSAA record set in 1998 by BGA Troy Fleming. This record is most rushing yards in a single sesaon. Marco currently has 2692 yds and Troy had 3008.

Marco also needs only 28 more points to break the TSSAA record for the most points scored in a season. He currently has 262 and the record now stands at 290 set by Kelsey Williams from Humboldt in 1995.

Go Tigers!!!! One win away from the 'Boro.....

Marco needs 3 more rushing TD to break a TSSAA record for rushing TD in a season. This will break a 2001 record set by Riverdales Ralph King, which is 43.

Marco only needs 316 yards to match another TSSAA record set in 1998 by BGA Troy Fleming. This record is most rushing yards in a single sesaon. Marco currently has 2692 yds and Troy had 3008.

Marco also needs only 28 more points to break the TSSAA record for the most points scored in a season. He currently has 262 and the record now stands at 290 set by Kelsey Williams from Humboldt in 1995.

I look forward to seeing him play at JCS Friday night. Players like him are few and far between. We'll see if the Eagle defense is up to the challenge.

MP is only losing about 4-5 starters, thats for both offense and defense combined. The entire backfield is juniors, and MP starts 7-8 sophmores and one freshman. You tell me if this is really their last chance.

I know Marco is the man but dont forget about his blocking backs, his blocking recievers, and of course his o-line. If those guys dont do a good job consistently he isnt the same Marco. So if he does have 90% of the yardage in a game, it is because those guys did their job.

MP is in the semifinals and one game away from the state championship game, if I or any other MP fans want to get on here and suppot, pull for, and predict our team to a victory we can. If you think it is a waste of your time to go and support your team, that is your right. As far as our region, during the playoffs region 6 (Wayne Co.) knock out Cascade a top 5 team in the state and MP beat the #1 team in the state. Region 6 won 3 of the 4 first round games of what even Murphy Fair was the toughest region in 1A. Ok I'm finished preaching.

You beat the team that you think was the #1 team..I saw them play and they had a good team..But..they weren't the #1 team...I believe Friendship Christian is the #1 team and have felt that way all year...J.C. S. is not usually my team...but they are this week!Since my team isn't playing..I would normally go and support the Dyersburg Trojans..but I 've heard so much about Marco..I want to witness the game for myself and see Mr.Football..I'm sure I'll be able to spot him right away..Will he be wearing a cape?White shoes?Go J.C.S.!

Edited by mrbigster

If JCS's defense plays like they did vs. McKenzie, JCS should win. I hope they do, but Im going with Mt. Pleasent 35-22 or something around there.

I agree with you that if jcs's defense plays well they sould win big...but they only have to stop the run because mt. pleasant is very 1 dimensional..they dont throw very well at all.