Moore County

knowledge man jr.

Moore county talent compared with Mt Pleasant, what a joke. Someone might want to tell the bright young coach that he has joined the toughest single a region in the state. Buckle the chin straps tight and get ready to rumble.

...toughest in the state...how bout the one with Ravenwood, Franklin, Independence, etc? Or what about DII AAA(which is by far the best, so don't kid yourself about a region which has one player basically)...and I saw MP play Jo Bryns in the playoffs...without Daily they wouldnt get passed the first round. I'm sorry, but neither team was that impressive. No blocking, no tackling. It was Daily running around for 48 minutes. And don't get me wrong, he is amazing. he got hurt, came back in, and won the game for them. But Coach Mac is coming from coaching in DII and from Riverdale...so I think he will be fine coaching against a team without a kicking game...four yard punt in the state playoffs and no kicking extra points...no wonder JCS beat them.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...toughest in the state...how bout the one with Ravenwood, Franklin, Independence, etc? Or what about DII AAA(which is by far the best, so don't kid yourself about a region which has one player basically)...and I saw MP play Jo Bryns in the playoffs...without Daily they wouldnt get passed the first round. I'm sorry, but neither team was that impressive. No blocking, no tackling. It was Daily running around for 48 minutes. And don't get me wrong, he is amazing. he got hurt, came back in, and won the game for them. But Coach Mac is coming from coaching in DII and from Riverdale...so I think he will be fine coaching against a team without a kicking game...four yard punt in the state playoffs and no kicking extra points...no wonder JCS beat them.

he said toughtest SINGLE A region...im pretty sure ravenwood, independance, and franklin are not SINGLE A.......there 5A

Edited by Monkey Wrench

You got a young, energetic guy that is a great assistant. He will have to have some quality assistants of his own to be a great Head Coach. Is Kris White from Riverdale (and lives in Lynchburg) going to join him?

coach white almost went with britton to franklin county last year because it was closer to home but he is a riverdale graduate so it might be hard for him to leave, who knows though. coach mac is one heck of a coach though, so is coach white :D

It didn't take Mt. Pleasant long to get cocky. Don't forget where how good your program was before Walt got there!

I think of all schools Mt. Pleasant should know what a good, young, energetic coach can do for a program. True, Lynchburg doesn't have the same athletes that Columbia has...but I think Moore County will be a lot more competitive.

Yea and they (MP) werent a state team their first year. MC needs to worry about making the playoffs and then down the road i fthey can overcome MP's greatness, then they could become a ste contender.

And how did your team end up last year?

Keep the laughs coming! :D Mount Plesant greatness, chop licking on the new "Coach Mac". :D;) . Most didn't fare too well against the old Mac. Last time I checked MP has to catch Moore County's greatness. MC holds the region record for 5 straight DRVC titles and won the region 8 out of 9 times in the 90's with two Clinic Bowl trips. Good luck to the new coach and players.

Edited by BURLEY

I think that I have to agree with you, Cascade 11. But like you said, only time will tell. I wish MC the best, but it may be a little to early to bestow sainthood on the new coach. If he only gets one new assistant and has to work with some of the old assistant coaches, it may be another hard year for MC. I think any head coach will have hard time winning unless they clean house.