Excuses

pballer44

What a silly post. How in the world could you think something like that. Privates obviously have the advantage. Can't you see that 1 out of 5 gold balls in DI went to private schools??? Don't you know that 1 out of 5 is dominant??? How are all the public schools that get no tax money going to compete with all the private schools with the government funding??? Not to mention the multiplier that almost DOUBLES the enrollment of the public schools??? Public schools just obviously can't compete with the government funded private schools, then when you throw that multiplier in there to double public school enrollment.....wait......I think I've got it BACKWARDS :unsure:

Seriously, I think we should cut government funding for public school athletic programs for 5 minutes. Just 5 good minutes. Make them raise their own dang money working their butt off doing car washes every Saturday morning, having bake sales out the wazoo, selling magazines and candy bars to people they don't even know, and soliciting donations from every business in a 15 mile radius. Just 5 minutes. Then to make it better, we could nearly DOUBLE their enrollment, ship them to Texas, and make them play the schools there twice their size. And then, to top it all off, we could require higher grades out of their students to participate on a ball team. Instead of just having to pass, they'd have to make at least D's, and sometimes even (get ready for this....) C's :o . Just 5 minutes. The whining would be so loud NO ONE would be able to hear ANYTHING else to save their life! And something else: DI privates have ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE over publics in recruiting! Tell me the advantage; someone, please! If there is anything that is unfair here, it's the stupid rule that makes privates play schools twiced their size. Talk about unfair.......

By the way, great post Baldcoach!

Hey ,I know what you could, vote for the split and you wouldn't have to compete against these schools.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a silly post. How in the world could you think something like that. Privates obviously have the advantage. Can't you see that 1 out of 5 gold balls in DI went to private schools??? Don't you know that 1 out of 5 is dominant??? How are all the public schools that get no tax money going to compete with all the private schools with the government funding??? Not to mention the multiplier that almost DOUBLES the enrollment of the public schools??? Public schools just obviously can't compete with the government funded private schools, then when you throw that multiplier in there to double public school enrollment.....wait......I think I've got it BACKWARDS :P

Seriously, I think we should cut government funding for public school athletic programs for 5 minutes. Just 5 good minutes. Make them raise their own dang money working their butt off doing car washes every Saturday morning, having bake sales out the wazoo, selling magazines and candy bars to people they don't even know, and soliciting donations from every business in a 15 mile radius. Just 5 minutes. Then to make it better, we could nearly DOUBLE their enrollment, ship them to Texas, and make them play the schools there twice their size. And then, to top it all off, we could require higher grades out of their students to participate on a ball team. Instead of just having to pass, they'd have to make at least D's, and sometimes even (get ready for this....) C's :P . Just 5 minutes. The whining would be so loud NO ONE would be able to hear ANYTHING else to save their life! And something else: DI privates have ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE over publics in recruiting! Tell me the advantage; someone, please! If there is anything that is unfair here, it's the stupid rule that makes privates play schools twiced their size. Talk about unfair.......

Hey cut our gov. money for 5 minutes or 5 years and MOST publics would never know anything changed. Hey Mr. Sarcasm 1-5 is pretty dominant considering there are alot more public schools than privates , so when you win 1-5 when your outnumbered probably 10-1 and what do you think it feels like for a small public with 28-30 kids on their team with about 17 of those who cant walk and chew gum goes up against a private with 50 ATHLETES. That is your Stupid twice your size rule. PLAY WITH YOUR OWN KIND and YOU stop whining. Everyone was telling the publics to quit whining and now that yall only won 1-5 instead of 5-5 like you thought you should when the playoffs started YOU are the whiners.

What a silly post. How in the world could you think something like that. Privates obviously have the advantage. Can't you see that 1 out of 5 gold balls in DI went to private schools??? Don't you know that 1 out of 5 is dominant??? How are all the public schools that get no tax money going to compete with all the private schools with the government funding??? Not to mention the multiplier that almost DOUBLES the enrollment of the public schools??? Public schools just obviously can't compete with the government funded private schools, then when you throw that multiplier in there to double public school enrollment.....wait......I think I've got it BACKWARDS :)

Seriously, I think we should cut government funding for public school athletic programs for 5 minutes. Just 5 good minutes. Make them raise their own dang money working their butt off doing car washes every Saturday morning, having bake sales out the wazoo, selling magazines and candy bars to people they don't even know, and soliciting donations from every business in a 15 mile radius. Just 5 minutes. Then to make it better, we could nearly DOUBLE their enrollment, ship them to Texas, and make them play the schools there twice their size. And then, to top it all off, we could require higher grades out of their students to participate on a ball team. Instead of just having to pass, they'd have to make at least D's, and sometimes even (get ready for this....) C's :) . Just 5 minutes. The whining would be so loud NO ONE would be able to hear ANYTHING else to save their life! And something else: DI privates have ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE over publics in recruiting! Tell me the advantage; someone, please! If there is anything that is unfair here, it's the stupid rule that makes privates play schools twiced their size. Talk about unfair.......

They won 1 of 3, not 1 of 5. Using your view, privates won 4 of 8. There are only about 3 or 4 privates in 3A and they still get one in the finals. Goodpasture makes it and runs up against one of the best in the state in any class, Alcoa is the exception in 2A, obviously. Regardless, it's not just the final games that prove the need for a total split. And yes, there was overwhelming success by privates against publics even with a multiplier. That should say something too.

They won 1 of 3, not 1 of 5. Using your view, privates won 4 of 8. There are only about 3 or 4 privates in 3A and they still get one in the finals. Goodpasture makes it and runs up against one of the best in the state in any class, Alcoa is the exception in 2A, obviously. Regardless, it's not just the final games that prove the need for a total split. And yes, there was overwhelming success by privates against publics even with a multiplier. That should say something too.

Indian...I think he was talking about 1 gold ball to 5 for the publics since the multiplier went into effect.

Privates were 0 for 3 last year and 1 for 3 this year.

Hey cut our gov. money for 5 minutes or 5 years and MOST publics would never know anything changed. Hey Mr. Sarcasm 1-5 is pretty dominant considering there are alot more public schools than privates , so when you win 1-5 when your outnumbered probably 10-1 and what do you think it feels like for a small public with 28-30 kids on their team with about 17 of those who cant walk and chew gum goes up against a private with 50 ATHLETES. That is your Stupid twice your size rule. PLAY WITH YOUR OWN KIND and YOU stop whining. Everyone was telling the publics to quit whining and now that yall only won 1-5 instead of 5-5 like you thought you should when the playoffs started YOU are the whiners.

1. It's crazy to think you wouldn't know the difference if the government funding was cut. That's just silly.

2. What makes you think privates have all the athletes??? Publics have athletes just like privates. I don't understand the uncoordinated remarks directed at public school athletes. :thumb: There are a lot of coordinated young men that play ball for public schools. And do you think privates have more kids on their team??? MJCA dressed 16 players this year! How many do you think MTCS dressed?? How 'bout FC?? I don't know, but not 50! And they don't have as many to choose from as their competition. How many does SC dress? How 'bout Watertown? The same amount as other 1-2A schools, public or private. In fact SC dresses considerably more than other 2A's. (just using SC as an example 'cause I know more about them than other teams :thumb: )

3. OK, privates schools have 1 gold ball. What, do you think they should have; none? Are private schools supposed to not win anything???

4. There is no "we" in this, at least for my part. I'm not on the private school "side". I just call a spade a spade.

5. About the whining, would you whine if gov. funds were cut for publics, and kids had to make C's to play ball, and your enrollment was multiplied by 1.8 before you were classified? I think you would......And you expect privates to think all those things are fair???

6. (and most importantly) I still don't understand the supposed advantage for privates in "recruiting"! Please enlighten me. I am not being sarcastic, I promise. I just don't see it.

Wow, your posts just make more and more sense...not.

I'm still not sure what you are trying to say here except waaaah, but I'll try to straighten out a few factual errors.

1) About 15% of the 1a, 2a, and 3a schools are DI privates. The privates have won 1 out of 6 championships since the multiplier, or 16.67%. So, 1 in 6 is exactly (or as close as you can get) the ratio of privates to publics. Thus, it isn't "pretty dominate", it is average.

2) I've never seen a small public with 2/3 of its kids who "can't walk and chew gum at the same time". I find that insulting for the public school kids and am frankly somewhat shocked to read it. We have had this debate before and statistically the publics have just as many or more college level athletes as the privates.

3) "Play with your own kind" is KKK language...thanks for proving my point that this is about prejudice and jealousy rather than really about fairness. Take off the hood and realize that the small privates don't have any better shot at a title than the small publics...in fact there are several small publics that are far better record wise than any private.

4) "Play with your own kind" is a whine, talking about how bad your kids are and how few you have out is a whine. In fact, your posts are poster children for whining. It is the whole log and splinter thing...look into it.

I was really impressed with the facilities,weightroom at your school.Its took alot of dedication from alot of people to achieve,hats off,you should be proud. On the other hand , I'd say most schools has the equipment to build big strong kids. They just have to have the kids use the stuff. My kid is doing a workout Igot off the internet, it don;t even require weights,He is also the only kid his age in this area thats doing any sort of workout. Well his little brother just turned 3 and he is already doing pushups and doing them well. It really comes down to parents and what they expect out of their kids. I expect alot both in school and on the ball field. Its working. Tons of people are uneducated about kids and exercise, I've researched it over and over. In my opinion the only difference in the two types of schools is the parents as a whole. Iguess I'm sort of a private school parent in a public school system. I'm not a perfect parent by any means and I'm not tooting my horn ,but I love my kids more than life itsself and Iwant them to have the best life has to offer.I applaud private schools and what they are teaching the kids,I wish all kids were brought up this way.

Pujo, your statements about you feelings toward your children speak louder than what kind of school anyone attends, how good the facilities are or anything else. You are winning the game of life and your children are very lucky to have a parent like you. I totally agree with your statement about parents being the big difference in the two types of schools. But I certainly realize that there are thousands of good parents doing their jobs in both school systems and I see you do too. :thumb:

Pujo, your statements about you feelings toward your children speak louder than what kind of school anyone attends, how good the facilities are or anything else. You are winning the game of life and your children are very lucky to have a parent like you. I totally agree with your statement about parents being the big difference in the two types of schools. But I certainly realize that there are thousands of good parents doing their jobs in both school systems and I see you do too. :thumb:

You have motivated parents and kids in both systems, my guess is private schools have a much higher percentage. By the way I just got home from our elementry school spelling bee,guess who won it, a 4th grade student .I'm not boasting ,just trying to show people what working with your kids and expecting alot out of them accomplishes. I teach work habits ,baseball, football, basketball, humility, phyical fitness, how to treat others and I stay on top of the school work. If my whole community did the same things , we might have alot of scholors and maybe a few state championships. It wouldn't really matter if we won all the things or not, we would all know ,we gave it our all to be the best we could be.

I was really impressed with the facilities,weightroom at your school.Its took alot of dedication from alot of people to achieve,hats off,you should be proud. On the other hand , I'd say most schools has the equipment to build big strong kids. They just have to have the kids use the stuff. My kid is doing a workout Igot off the internet, it don;t even require weights,He is also the only kid his age in this area thats doing any sort of workout. Well his little brother just turned 3 and he is already doing pushups and doing them well. It really comes down to parents and what they expect out of their kids. I expect alot both in school and on the ball field. Its working. Tons of people are uneducated about kids and exercise, I've researched it over and over. In my opinion the only difference in the two types of schools is the parents as a whole. Iguess I'm sort of a private school parent in a public school system. I'm not a perfect parent by any means and I'm not tooting my horn ,but I love my kids more than life itsself and Iwant them to have the best life has to offer.I applaud private schools and what they are teaching the kids,I wish all kids were brought up this way.

Very commendable; great post; I agree :thumb:

You have motivated parents and kids in both systems, my guess is private schools have a much higher percentage. By the way I just got home from our elementry school spelling bee,guess who won it, a 4th grade student .I'm not boasting ,just trying to show people what working with your kids and expecting alot out of them accomplishes. I teach work habits ,baseball, football, basketball, humility, phyical fitness, how to treat others and I stay on top of the school work. If my whole community did the same things , we might have alot of scholors and maybe a few state championships. It wouldn't really matter if we won all the things or not, we would all know ,we gave it our all to be the best we could be.

Agree 100%. :thumb:

Certainly there are differences between public schools and private schools - some quantifiable, and some not. Sometimes the publics have better programs, sometimes the privates. Sometimes the privates have better facilities, sometimes not. There's too many variables in size, location, income, politics and a hundred other variables to define this argument to just a few points like so many people want to do. However, there are certainly more commonalities between the two types of schools than there are differences.

I've been on both sides of the argument. We were a public school family for the past 12 years. My oldest son is completely a public school child. My youngest son was a public school student until this year, when we moved to another city due to my job. My kids have attended public schools with new buildings and technology, and public schools where the lockers are 50 years old, and the bathrooms reak of urine. But our choice was always based on the quality of the teaching, not necessarily the schools condition, and definitely not the football program. I don’t think very many parents make decisions as to where their children attend school based on a football program. Perhaps a few, but mostly not. Its almost always about academics and what environment parents want their children in. Society has taken religion, church and the Bible out of the public system, and some parents simply prefer their children in a more Christian environment than the public schools can provide. But don't attack them because of that choice.

For some reason private schools are attacked for their facilities. Well, don't blame parents who will take money out of their own pockets, while still having to pay taxes to support the public schools. If the argument is facilities and equipment, then its our elected officials who must take the brunt of the blame. They are the ones who directly control money to the public school systems.

Better roads, or better schools?? – an age old political question. At the state funding level, one direct correlation between the amount of money spent per child is how good are the roads in the state. The better the roads, the less money that goes to public schools – and Tennessee has some of the best roads in the nation. And at the local level, it’s the same political process. It’s the local County Commissioners or City Council who don’t properly fund the public schools. Don’t like your facilities, or want facilities like some private schools have?? Then don’t post a complaint here, post one with your local elected officials.