Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

They are way better than they've played. At least from a talent standpoint that is. They only play with emotion and that fire some of the time. They just never got to where they should have. When they've had success in past years they've gotten better each week. This team has not. I'm pulling for them and wish them the best of luck. They are going to need it.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My teams out of the play-offs so I guess I'll come on this thread. By the looks of this I'll be very surprised if it is a blowout. I saw both teams play a couple weeks ago. I saw Goodpasture play JPII on CSS and Alcoa play Fulton on CSS. Goodpasture basically had one task that was to outscore Tate and they stacked up 500 yards nicely and Alcoa had a battle with a very good Fulton team. Both teams showed a lot of skill. I have a little "keys to the game" like Madden does every week.

Goodpasture:

In order for Goodpasture to win, they have to control the clock and just pound it like they done all season. I don't see any team in the state just shutting down the run game. No turnovers. Goodpasture also has to make plays on defense. Yes, Alcoa will make plays but they will have to overcome them and last but least Goodpasture needs turnovers. If all goes well Goodpasture 35-21

Alcoa:

In order for Alcoa to win: Very simple, if the speed they say is real, then Alcoa has to get the ball to their athletes in the open field. (I am aware that Rankin knows this he only coached at Riverdale with tons of athletes every year). Their defense has to slow down the run game and win turnover battle. All goes will Alcoa 48-21

Good luck to both teams.

Edited by the_biggest

well if alcoa wins it will be the first and only east tn championships

middle tn sweeps the rest- FCS,DL,Hillsboro,Ravenwood or Smyrna doesnt matter

Hahahaha THAT is funny!! I like the over confidence of Middle Tennessee, it makes me chuckle. I think it was about 3 months ago I said Middle Tennessee doesn't have the football talent East Tennessee does and they got very offended, well it's your chance to prove it!

Bottom line, history repeats itself... again. Alcoa, Fulton, Maryville all bring gold balls back to where they belong!

Alcoa will blow out Goodpasture again. Medley killed us tonight. We had no answer for him but Alcoa does. Maybe not as bad as last year.

Alcoa---42

Goodpasture---21

Medley didn't kill you last night, though he scored the touchdowns. Milan's inability to finish their long drives that were stopped by the GP defense did. Sorry, I know this is the Alcoa/GP thread, but Hackinbad was a trash talker in the Milan/GP thread.

As much as people have talked about the GP offense, I think the Defense is overlooked. They performed great last night. Multiple interceptions, blocked field goal, blocked PAT, and while they were out rushed by Milan, held when they had to.

Hahahaha THAT is funny!! I like the over confidence of Middle Tennessee, it makes me chuckle. I think it was about 3 months ago I said Middle Tennessee doesn't have the football talent East Tennessee does and they got very offended, well it's your chance to prove it!

Bottom line, history repeats itself... again. Alcoa, Fulton, Maryville all bring gold balls back to where they belong!

middle tennessee being overconfident, are you crazy. Talk from the east is that they have the three best teams in state and we need to accept it (you can read it, it's just a few post above me) don't get mad if it Friendship, Goodpasture, Lipscomb, Hillsboro, and then where are your big macho 5A teams, oh yeah not in it looks like we'll take that one two.

My motto for this one has been and will continue to be " Don't be Over Confident"

middle tennessee being overconfident, are you crazy. Talk from the east is that they have the three best teams in state and we need to accept it (you can read it, it's just a few post above me) don't get mad if it Friendship, Goodpasture, Lipscomb, Hillsboro, and then where are your big macho 5A teams, oh yeah not in it looks like we'll take that one two.

My motto for this one has been and will continue to be " Don't be Over Confident"

oh and i forgot to mention we're already up 2-1 so good luck catching up. thanks DA and BA