Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

i must say that last night was a huge disappointment for me. when i got to the game i was for alcoa. face it they have talent that no body else has but there is a down fall to that kind of talent. they're cocky. they wine more than my little sister does. they were winning 17-3 in the 3rd and STILL got up in the refs faces after EVERY SINGLE PLAY. i was embarassed for them. i would rather lose and have good attitudes than win and think im some kind of god. GET OVER YOURSELFS. your own fans were even sayin stuff about it. now its time for your coaches to start recruiting for next year.

as for goodpasture-yall had one heck of a season. your 19 seniors and your coach have more class & heart than ive seen in a while. yall should be proud of your accomplishments. just think about how many teams would have killed to be in your posision last night. coming from a maryville fan GO COUGARS

I think it shows intensity. . . not arrogance.

I think its funny that now people on this board have accused both Alcoa and Maryville of recruiting in various topics. Even if it were true (which its not) wouldn't you think it would be a wash with two schools in the same county recruiting against each other? It's also kind of ironic how you whine in a post about Alcoa whining. I'm not really sure if you are a Maryville fan.

Congrats Alcoa, Three in a Row is a great accomplishment. Few teams in TSSAA history pull that off.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shivy held in check?.....150 yards and two TD's.......I don't think so!

The surprise was to see Alcoa out rushed GP!

-BlountCountySportsFan

Can't you get on here and say thank you or congrats to a team rather than rub it in on the other team? He said congrats to Alcoa, he admitted that Alcoa was the better team! Get over yourself!

I think it shows intensity. . . not arrogance.

I think its funny that now people on this board have accused both Alcoa and Maryville of recruiting in various topics. Even if it were true (which its not) wouldn't you think it would be a wash with two schools in the same county recruiting against each other? It's also kind of ironic how you whine in a post about Alcoa whining. I'm not really sure if you are a Maryville fan.

Congrats Alcoa, Three in a Row is a great accomplishment. Few teams in TSSAA history pull that off.

Exactly! <_<

Can't you get on here and say thank you or congrats to a team rather than rub it in on the other team? He said congrats to Alcoa, he admitted that Alcoa was the better team! Get over yourself!

Well, you go tell Chris Shiverdecker that he did not do anything in the game.

Thats basically what he said. Held in check? How you want me to take it?

Shiverdecker ran hard all night! DON'T take anything away from a player that deserves his props! 150 yards and 2 TDs is NOT held in check, I don't care what team, thats a great performance.

This team was NOT respected all season. They where ranked #2 all year. They proved everyone who REALLY is #1.

So, don't confuse "rub it in" ............I just hate to see someone take away a great effort from a team that deserves it!

Shiverdecker ran hard all night! DON'T take anything away from a player that deserves his props! 150 yards and 2 TDs is NOT held in check, I don't care what team, thats a great performance.

This team was NOT respected all season. They where ranked #2 all year. They proved everyone who REALLY is #1.

So, don't confuse "rub it in" ............I just hate to see someone take away a great effort from a team that deserves it!

150 and 2TD's is held in check for Shiverdecker!!! I know you saw what he did to us the week before!!! LOL I wish we could have held him like that!!! He is a greay back and should be a very big asset at the next level. And ummm? Alcoa was very well respected all year and the only reason they have been ranked 2nd all year was because GP was undefeated. Rankings play NO part in highschool football. Everyone knew which was the better team except maybe GP fans and now they no.

I was at the game. It seemed as if the game was closer than the score. Goodpasture's coach seemed as if he had some aweful play calling. What surprised me the most was Alcoa's defense holding Goodpasture to 3 points. Goodpasture's defense played as good as they good but seemed as if they realized the offense wasn't doing anything and just gave up towards he end. Goodpasture also did a heck of a job with Shiverdecker other than that 42 yrd run. I think he had like 11 carries for 33 yrd in the 1st half. The speed from Alcoa didn't seem to be all that people have been saying. If anyone's speed surprised me it was #9 for Goodpasture who ran down Lanxter on that long pass and had a couple touchdown saving tackles. Other than that Aloca was the better team and the best addition to Alcoa's team is not their offense or their speed but their defense.

Tired of the talk about the handshake....I knew when the issue came up suddenly Alcoa would act like they are so classy and would never do it!Now after the game is over yall bash GP.I guess some of you old fools on here need to learn from the kids after the game they shock hands and didnt talk trash or fight but realized it ewas a game!It was not a blowout look at the stats.GP was about 4 plays from being state champs but thats football.Congrats to Alcoa on a hard fought win.Congrats to Goodpasture on a great year.It was closer than the score reaveled!

The first half was close and GP actually dominated the line of scrimmage. The 2nd half was total domination by Alcoa. They regained the line of scrimmage and wore down the Cougars. Another defeat for the old outdated Wing-T offense. Good job Alcoa. :lol:

Be careful. The only thing that people hate more than a poor loser is a poor winner. We've been nothing but complimentary for your win.

I gave Alcoa the credit for winning and playing a good game. They did win, they played the better game, they're state champions. But, Shiver was held in check most of the game. I didn't say he didn't produce or didn't make yardage - but he did only have 33 yards in the first half. He didn't get his big yardage until the last two drives when the game was already well in hand. This isn't a knock on him. He did move the ball all night, just wasn't impressive as I'd been led to believe by you guys. But that receiver was incredible. That's what make a team. One rises when the team needs it.

Alcoa[/url]sPaintedBridge' post='826284957' date='Dec 2 2006 - 09:37 AM']

The same 4 plays made us the champs...There was no taunting cheers from the fans or any nonsense like that. We acted like we have been there before because we have...WE ARE ALCOA! and was the game closer than the score?? we won both halfs...Two halfs equal a whole as in a whole team effort! Brian Nix, please do not go anywhere the kids of ALCOA need you. Your positive influence along with Coach Rankin's discipline was the difference in making it to the dance and winning the game. Thanks to all of you seniors, coaches Adams, Talley, Riley, Dunkin, Henry, Harris, Gamble, Brooks. See you in the Boro again next year!

P.S. Pass the spray paint!

No taunting cheers. im pretty sure i heard ALCOA, yes ALCOA fans yelling "overated" at the cougar seniors after the game. YOU WON, WIN GRACEFULLY AND RESPECTFULLY. also kyrus lanxter was the only one gp couldnt keep up with. ill give you credit that kid can move.

congrats to ALOCOA AND GOODPASTURE on great seasons. i think both teams will be back next year.

I'm not going to argue football - clearly you won the game, there's no dispute there.

But, were you even at the game. From the far side of field, I could hear Alcoa Fans screaming at the referee's all night. And it wasn't polite words of encouragement. What about the chant from the Alcoa fans "bu11$hi#, bu11$hi#, bu11$hi#, bu11$hi# over a call you didn't like when the ground caused the fumble and GP retained possession. Thats real classy. You certainly didn't hear that from our side.

And as long as we're talking class. When our #28 went down with concussion, just every other HS team I've ever seen takes a knee, demonstrating good sportsmanship and respect. But not Alcoa. Not on the field, and not on the sidelines.

You win the whinner award from the start of this thread to the end!

East TN rolls!...........and all East TN win big!

-BlountCountySportsFan