Hillsboro and Maryville

LipscombBall3r

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville will bring a lot more fans.

My brother came in from Franklin to watch Maryville tonight. He brought in a Nashville newspaper that had the playoff capsules. Hillsboro has a 2000 yd passer and a 2000 yd rusher. They will be a big challenge for Maryville.

I just hope Hillsboro isn't as strong as the 2002 team was. The 2002 Hillsboro team was the best team a Maryville team has ever beaten.

Agree, could be a real slobber-nocker!

I think Shiver and Singelton will be factors as well as Douglas and Maples. Hunt and Burnett swithching in at random should help keep Hillsboro off guard I hope. The D looks like it has peaked and mistakes on coverage seems to be at a minnium. Will be another classic IMO.

Tyler Maples is by far the best Maryville receiver ever. He may not have as great of hands as Brad Merrit or Tyler Gaskin. But! Tyler Maples runs a 4.39,He is very elusive and smooth. He makes it look easy. Maryville has their best skill players ever. Aaron Douglas is a great tight end. Both Douglas and Maples are going to UT. Adrian Baker is a D1 running back who has been offered by Akron and Miami,OH.

I am usually not one to predict scores but if Maryville performs like they did last night, it will be a Maryville win by no less than 14.

After going home and watching the Red Rebels dismantle the Trojans I came to the conclusion that Maryville may be the best team I've seen even though they are not as large up front as in years past. This team may not be as heralded as other Maryville teams but you could not convince me this team does not play better as group. Last night's win was extremely impressive in just about every phase of the game. The skill players on offense we all know about but it is a small defense that swarms to the ball and keeps it's assignments that makes a differance. They were outweighed up front by 20-25 pounds a man it seemed like and still did not matter. They are very well coached and unless this team beats itself will not lose next week. If Maryville continues this kind of play it will not be close. It will come down to turnovers which has been an achilles heel for Maryville. They are so good that even this might not stop them.

This one will probably be one of the better matchups. It is going to be interesting to see how Maryville handles Hillsboro in a set other than the Wing-t.

Right now not having seen Maryville this year I would not say it is gonna be a blow out either way. Alot of teams have been saying they are gonna blow Hillsboro out that have LOST.

hey ron, i was impressed by maryville's o line. at first i was like, man they arent the biggest bunch. but they play well as a unit and get the job done. they got after the mo'west d. and that d isnt as weak as it may have looked last night. so if there o line continues to play well, that offense is tough.

i'm picking maryville 21 hillsboro 14 (i'd say 17 but they cant kick field goals against maryville! jk, jk.)