Hillsboro and Maryville

LipscombBall3r

I went to the game and came away very impressed with the Rebels.

Maples is smooth on his routes, great hands, and deceptive speed.

Maryville's Dline and LB's dominated.

Maryville's Oline gave the QB's plenty of protection so Maple's could finish the routes.

The whole team is so fundamentally sound and the plays were called to perfection.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Maryville for doing it (again). Was surprised Hillsboro wasn't able to stay with them.

I realize this is a football forum, but I have to point out one thing: Everybody talks about how much class MHS has (and, I agree), but:

Their cheerleaders were cheering their little hearts out (and I'm not a big cheerleader fan) and the band would just start playing. They'd play during plays, and before plays and not get through when the play started. Their band sounds great, looks great, but good grief!!! I actually felt sorry for the cheerleaders who had to stop their cheer and succomb to the band. I thought it was common courtesy to stop playing when the play on the field started. And, it wasn't when HHS had the ball, it didn't matter who had the ball!

Okay, I've said my peace.

Again, Congrats to MHS for bringing another gold ball back where it belongs (in Blount County)!

No kidding. I find that really amazing. A Southern school using a Catholic university's song. I'd really love to hear the reason. I bet there is a very interesting a neat story behind it. At least it might be interesting and "neat" to me, and that is really all that matters. No kidding. I'd love to know th story. Probably a nun or priest in there somewhere. Or maybe a former dormer spreading he good word down south.

Religon has nothing to do with it.

It's just great football music.

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp......(just one of the "few" in ETN) :P

I think we need to explore the fact that Meadows picked Hillsboro over Maryville on live TV (that gets replayed over and over and over). Stanton Stevens was on there too. He said that Hillboro was good and might be able to beat Maryville, but he picked Maryville. Meadows said something about, calling a coaching friend in Middle Tennessee who knew about Hillsboro and then he made his pick Hillsboro. Then he just kinda sat there and mumbled. And smirked. Didn't come across too well on the tube. I don't think Mark Packer could believe it. This little episode was mentioned to the team during practice this week.

Maybe he was picking from his heart rather than his brain. Nah, he was probably picking from both. His friend is about as knowlegable as he is though thats for sure. Just another reason to drop them from the schedule.

Edited by mhs

Religon has nothing to do with it.

It's just great football music.

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp......(just one of the "few" in ETN) :P

Hard to believe someone making such a big deal over this. Since we are in the south we are suppose to hate catholics? Some of my very good friends are Catholic. And if he thinks we are the first high school to borrow a major University's fight song he has not been to many high school football games. I started watching football at Maryville when I was six or seven. One day after church I came home to find the Notre Dame playback with the great Lindsey Nelson on TV. As soon as they scored the first td I looked at my dad and said, "hey they are playing Maryville's fight song". Dad of course, set me straight.

Congratulations to Maryville for doing it (again). Was surprised Hillsboro wasn't able to stay with them.

I realize this is a football forum, but I have to point out one thing: Everybody talks about how much class MHS has (and, I agree), but:

Their cheerleaders were cheering their little hearts out (and I'm not a big cheerleader fan) and the band would just start playing. They'd play during plays, and before plays and not get through when the play started. Their band sounds great, looks great, but good grief!!! I actually felt sorry for the cheerleaders who had to stop their cheer and succomb to the band. I thought it was common courtesy to stop playing when the play on the field started. And, it wasn't when HHS had the ball, it didn't matter who had the ball!

Okay, I've said my peace.

Again, Congrats to MHS for bringing another gold ball back where it belongs (in Blount County)!

Last night in the Smyrna-Ravenwood game the bands played the whole time..If Ravenwood had the ball Smyrna's band would play continuously and vice versa....And Smyrna's band is REAL loud!!

Edited by backinthaoc

I think we need to explore the fact that Meadows picked Hillsboro over Maryville on live TV (that gets replayed over and over and over). Stanton Stevens was on there too. He said that Hillboro was good and might be able to beat Maryville, but he picked Maryville. Meadows said something about, calling a coaching friend in Middle Tennessee who knew about Hillsboro and then he made his pick Hillsboro. Then he just kinda sat there and mumbled. And smirked. Didn't come across too well on the tube. I don't think Mark Packer could believe it. This little episode was mentioned to the team during practice this week.

I don't think it is worth exploring besides what does Meadows know about winning football? He fell into one good situation at Alcoa a few years ago. Since then he has done what? Very little when it comes to winning.

He can pick who he wants to pick.

Edited by FBEmeritus