Privates Better Coaches

ddaddy

Wow, it has everything to do about money. The privates pump a lot of cash into educational scholarships. Then they see this great kid or a few kids across 9 different counties, and say hey come here and you will get a great education. Knowing all along they want them for their football talent. With the thousands of dollars they raised through their parking lots, the talent just rolls in. Wake up people, we may be from poor rural communities, but we are not idiots. Like I said in an earlier post it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how the privates cut the corners and find loop holes to make what they do ok. Just dont preach Godliness and do it.

Can you explain to me again the part about raising money through booster club parking lots and how that makes talent roll in? I didn`t understand how that works.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you explain to me again the part about raising money through booster club parking lots and how that makes talent roll in? I didn`t understand how that works.

Here I will explain it again so those who have slow time catching on will maybe get it this time. $1000 a parking lot x 60+ means more educational "grants" LOL or the way I like to put it educational scolarships for athletes. Then schools cover 9+ counties scowering the best "educational" students to play football. LOL. You guys will say I I'm overboard with this, but I have to many family members all across the state involved in private schools. They just laugh and say prove it. They have TSSAA where they want them and 1A and 2A will suffer because of it.

1A has suffered. The competition there is pathetic now. Look at JCS, this was the least talented team they've had in prolly 5 years, and they're a state champion? Come on. Tennessee high school football is so watered down it's not even funny.

However, the multiplier has made 2A very strong. ;) Isn't that what it's all about, good football?

1A has suffered. The competition there is pathetic now. Look at JCS, this was the least talented team they've had in prolly 5 years, and they're a state champion? Come on. Tennessee high school football is so watered down it's not even funny.

However, the multiplier has made 2A very strong. ;) Isn't that what it's all about, good football?

No, high school football is about being given a state championship. How is Liberty so good in basketball after having a school for less than 5 years.

Here I will explain it again so those who have slow time catching on will maybe get it this time. $1000 a parking lot x 60+ means more educational "grants" LOL or the way I like to put it educational scolarships for athletes. Then schools cover 9+ counties scowering the best "educational" students to play football. LOL. You guys will say I I'm overboard with this, but I have to many family members all across the state involved in private schools. They just laugh and say prove it. They have TSSAA where they want them and 1A and 2A will suffer because of it.

yeah you are right....I don`t think you know what you are talking about. You seem to have consumed yourself with so much hatred that you are saying things that just aren`t true or make no sense.

Wow, it has everything to do about money. The privates pump a lot of cash into educational scholarships. Then they see this great kid or a few kids across 9 different counties, and say hey come here and you will get a great education. Knowing all along they want them for their football talent. With the thousands of dollars they raised through their parking lots, the talent just rolls in. Wake up people, we may be from poor rural communities, but we are not idiots. Like I said in an earlier post it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how the privates cut the corners and find loop holes to make what they do ok. Just dont preach Godliness and do it.

All wrong and completely false. Scholarships are illegal. There are no loopholes. Buzzzzzz...try again.

yeah you are right....I don`t think you know what you are talking about. You seem to have consumed yourself with so much hatred that you are saying things that just aren`t true or make no sense.

I have no hatred, I'm not calling anbody any names or calling them out like some people have me. I'm just calling it the way I see it. Like most if not all publics do.

All wrong and completely false. Scholarships are illegal. There are no loopholes. Buzzzzzz...try again.

Sorry it true. Bzzzzzzzzzz. I'm right again and it hurts.

name='MPHSTIGERS87' date='Jan 1 2007 - 02:06 PM' post='826318565']

I have no hatred, I'm not calling anbody any names or calling them out like some people have me. I'm just calling it the way I see it. Like most if not all publics do.

Sorry it true. Bzzzzzzzzzz. I'm right again and it hurts.

MPHS...you are just wrong my friend. I support a public school. Do you see any other public school defenders on here supporting your claim? No....because you are wrong and everyone knows it. I`m not trying to be mean, but that`s just the way it is.

Here I will explain it again so those who have slow time catching on will maybe get it this time. $1000 a parking lot x 60+ means more educational "grants" LOL or the way I like to put it educational scolarships for athletes.
Edited by VolunteerGeneral

What size public school?

MP,

I'm gonna give this one more nice try, but it is rapidly becoming obvious to all of us who have any knowledge of Tennessee Football that you are not just combative but completely uninformed (that was my Politically Correct word of choice).

It is not illegal for a booster club to raise money. Your booster club does it.

Now, whether it raises 30k a year is another question...I just don't know, and I am betting you don't either, as you haven't known what you are saying yet.

But consider this. JCS (and all other small privates) has to pay for EVERYTHING that they have/do for athletics. MP does not. Why? Because the government pays for most of your stuff for you. They paid for your building, your parking lot, your gym, and government money built your fields. It pays your teachers and it pays for a lot of your cafeteria costs. The government pays MP's insurance, maintenance, etc. All of those things come right out of a small private's pockets...thus a small private HAS to raise more money than a small public...they are paying out a lot more.

I told you small privates have less money than small publics...I wasn't bluffing. If you want some actual figures we can get into that...suffice it to say that 30k is a drop in the bucket compared to what is needed to make an athletic program happen...your school just doesn't have to shell out the cash like a private does, so it seems excessive.

MP,

I'm gonna give this one more nice try, but it is rapidly becoming obvious to all of us who have any knowledge of Tennessee Football that you are not just combative but completely uninformed (that was my Politically Correct word of choice).

It is not illegal for a booster club to raise money. Your booster club does it.

Now, whether it raises 30k a year is another question...I just don't know, and I am betting you don't either, as you haven't known what you are saying yet.

But consider this. JCS (and all other small privates) has to pay for EVERYTHING that they have/do for athletics. MP does not. Why? Because the government pays for most of your stuff for you. They paid for your building, your parking lot, your gym, and government money built your fields. It pays your teachers and it pays for a lot of your cafeteria costs. The government pays MP's insurance, maintenance, etc. All of those things come right out of a small private's pockets...thus a small private HAS to raise more money than a small public...they are paying out a lot more.

I told you small privates have less money than small publics...I wasn't bluffing. If you want some actual figures we can get into that...suffice it to say that 30k is a drop in the bucket compared to what is needed to make an athletic program happen...your school just doesn't have to shell out the cash like a private does, so it seems excessive.

You have yet to listen to what I have said. I have said nothing bad about raising money except your small rural towns like MP and the rest of region 61A cannot ask fans to pay $1000 to park. We are not as wealthy as the privates. Ok, so the privates have to raise there money however they need to. Just do it in your own league.