Privates Better Coaches

ddaddy

You have yet to listen to what I have said. I have said nothing bad about raising money except your small rural towns like MP and the rest of region 61A cannot ask fans to pay $1000 to park. We are not as wealthy as the privates. Ok, so the privates have to raise there money however they need to. Just do it in your own league.

MPHSTIGERS87,

Why all of the complaints about private schools and football? You defeated Columbia Academy (4-6) 53-25, and Zion (1-9) 68-21.

You had a great season and lost to the eventual state champion Jackson Christian in the State Semi-finals.

I really don't understand your complaint.

What did Columbia Academy and Zion say about getting dusted by your team?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MPHSTIGERS87,

Why all of the complaints about private schools and football? You defeated Columbia Academy (4-6) 53-25, and Zion (1-9) 68-21.

You had a great season and lost to the eventual state champion Jackson Christian in the State Semi-finals.

As I have stated several times before, some privates have the skill and tools to do a better job than most other privates. The one that knows what they are doing go deep into the playoffs and usually wins it all.

As I have stated several times before, some privates have the skill and tools to do a better job than most other privates. The one that knows what they are doing go deep into the playoffs and usually wins it all.

Name 1 DI private that has won as many state championships as Trousdale, Alcoa, or Fulton (that takes care of 1a, 2a, and 3a). Can you tell me of ANY DI private that has won 4 state titles EVER? Alcoa and Fulton have done that in the last 5 years. So who REALLY has the advantages? Looks like the publics with good programs to me...

You claim that the privates that have the skill and tools (an interesting term...does this mean the skill to cheat and the money to do it with...considering your other posts I am assuming that is the translation) "go deep into the playoffs and usually win it all". Can you tell me who the state champs have been in 1a - 3a since the multiplier?

Name 1 DI private that has won as many state championships as Trousdale, Alcoa, or Fulton (that takes care of 1a, 2a, and 3a). Can you tell me of ANY DI private that has won 4 state titles EVER? Alcoa and Fulton have done that in the last 5 years. So who REALLY has the advantages? Looks like the publics with good programs to me...

You claim that the privates that have the skill and tools (an interesting term...does this mean the skill to cheat and the money to do it with...considering your other posts I am assuming that is the translation) "go deep into the playoffs and usually win it all". Can you tell me who the state champs have been in 1a - 3a since the multiplier?

Two years in 1A. Trousdale and JCS. But lets not forget the years before the multiplier. These were still so called "small" christian schools:

2000 CPA

2001 Ezell Harding

2002 CPA

2003 Boyd Buchanon

2004 DCA

2005 Trousdale (public)

2006 JCS

Six out of the last seven years in 1A football a high and mighty private won state. You do the math how that works with only so few privates compared to so many publics. They must have great pee wee programs in private schools.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

MPHSTIGERS87,

You have still not answered the question of what Columbia Academy and Zion said about getting dusted by your team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe wait a couple of years. it doesn't seem like many of the private schools are non-competitive too long. Take a look at Silverdale, Temple and Grace in Chattanooga, two made the playoffs and one wasn't too far from it, and all have just had teams for 2-3 seasons. Silverdale is supposed to have a loaded team next year, if they don't get written up by the TSSAA for all of their transfers. They had excellent athletes sitting out this year, who changed schools when the new coach arrived but didn't change residence.

Maybe wait a couple of years. it doesn't seem like many of the private schools are non-competitive too long. Take a look at Silverdale, Temple and Grace in Chattanooga, two made the playoffs and one wasn't too far from it, and all have just had teams for 2-3 seasons. Silverdale is supposed to have a loaded team next year, if they don't get written up by the TSSAA for all of their transfers. They had excellent athletes sitting out this year, who changed schools when the new coach arrived but didn't change residence.

There's nothing to write up. You can transfer...sit out a year...and play at another school even if you don't move.

Liberty? I know they benefitted from two such transfers last year. Both are playing college ball now, by the way. School has also only been around for a couple of years and is now competing at a national level. And you guys are talking about a couple of tiny private schools making the football playoff's in watered-down 1A?