Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the things I noticed about Geanes was his attitude...I was sitting directly behind the LC bench at Dresden in the championship game....He was yelling at Whitby and a couple of times while Whitby was trying to give instructions he would talk over him and he also pulled away from him a couple of times...I wasn't the only one that noticed it because a couple of Humboldt fans and a couple more Union City fans noticed it...Is he like that all the time??...And what was with Johnson not going to shake the hand of the UC coach and refs during introductions...Out of the 10 starters from both teams,he was the only one not to do so...Was that just his personal statement(being an individual) or has he got an attitude problem too??....

You got the same feeling about Trenton,don't you??.....

The official from Memphis t'ed Channin up quick.One of Lake Co's girl players was sitting by me and said he cursed..I noticed Johnson was the only player to not shake hands as well..After he did that Springer still came over..I don't know what that was about..May have just been mad about or at something..If Lake Co plays as well as they did against Clarksville,I believe they'll beat Trenton by 10+..Russel Avery was grabbing all the rebounds..I didn't know he could shoot as well from the outside..Has a nice shot from around the free throw line..but he was a lot farther out and nothing but net 5 times in a row from 3 point range ..Springer played well and Channin ran the floor hard the whole time he was in the game..Didn't see much loafing!

Edited by mrbigster

Manassas is long and tall with small guards, and Westside is relatively short. they do not have a player over 6'2.

Bulldogcoach 23..Remember not to give too many secrets away..especially to AOC and U.C...You know we made you an honorary Lake Countian,along with your fans and Middle College players a couple years ago when we were battling Doakes and Trenton..Are you still associated with the same team in any capacity or another school?

New to coacht. I have had the privelage of seeing the best district in single a basketball all year long (14A). Union City, Humboldt, and Lake Co all have great teams. Union City seems to be at the top of the tier. But all you folks need to understand that the other 2 are very capable of winning. I too saw the LC/UC district championship game. I remember reading a post from backintheoc that said he was never afraid UC would lose that game, he has really high confidence in the Tornados. The Falcolns almost flew right through the storm, Union City was able to win in the end but I believe it could have went the other way. Again UC has a talented team, but they shouldn't look past Tuesday night. Oh yea, if you all remember, this district had the same 3 teams at the top of the region last year, Lake County was probably the 2nd best team and had to sit out the sub-state and state tournament, watch out UC it could happen to you in 07

New to coacht. I have had the privelage of seeing the best district in single a basketball all year long (14A). Union City, Humboldt, and Lake Co all have great teams. Union City seems to be at the top of the tier. But all you folks need to understand that the other 2 are very capable of winning. I too saw the LC/UC district championship game. I remember reading a post from backintheoc that said he was never afraid UC would lose that game, he has really high confidence in the Tornados. The Falcolns almost flew right through the storm, Union City was able to win in the end but I believe it could have went the other way. Again UC has a talented team, but they shouldn't look past Tuesday night. Oh yea, if you all remember, this district had the same 3 teams at the top of the region last year, Lake County was probably the 2nd best team and had to sit out the sub-state and state tournament, watch out UC it could happen to you in 07

You are right it could happen,but it has to be said by the other teams and their fans that UC could be beat or none of this would be any fun....And no,I wasn't at all worried about them losing....And no,I'm not worried about them losing Tuesday or Thursday either.....Or March 5th or March 14th or March 16th or March 17th..... :D Heck I scheduled my vacation way back last year for State Tournament week.....

In all seriousness though,one of Union City's strengths this year has been the ability to get up for every opponent they have faced....They look past nobody..Last nite was a prime example...Union City came out and destroyed Big Sandy in the opening two minutes of the game..They already had close to 20 points at the five minute mark of the opening quarter....

You are right it could happen,but it has to be said by the other teams and their fans that UC could be beat or none of this would be any fun....And no,I wasn't at all worried about them losing....And no,I'm not worried about them losing Tuesday or Thursday either.....Or March 5th or March 14th or March 16th or March 17th..... :D Heck I scheduled my vacation way back last year for State Tournament week.....

In all seriousness though,one of Union City's strengths this year has been the ability to get up for every opponent they have faced....They look past nobody..Last nite was a prime example...Union City came out and destroyed Big Sandy in the opening two minutes of the game..They already had close to 20 points at the five minute mark of the opening quarter....

And your happy about UC doing that to a 4th place team I guess. Let's see how many they throw in Tuesday with the Vikings playing defense. I hate to say it because I too think Union City could probably beat anybody in the state on any given night, but I hope your vacation is spent in Union City with the Coach of the Year (Marty) and his son listening to Humboldt and Lake Co. play for the gold ball. :D:D

And your happy about UC doing that to a 4th place team I guess. Let's see how many they throw in Tuesday with the Vikings playing defense. I hate to say it because I too think Union City could probably beat anybody in the state on any given night, but I hope your vacation is spent in Union City with the Coach of the Year (Marty) and his son listening to Humboldt and Lake Co. play for the gold ball. :D:D

Well,I was going to welcome you to the T,but that post did it for me for you...... :D

My vacation will be spent in The Boro win or lose,I've been going to the tournament the past few years......

You are kidding about the Vikings playing defense right??...Union City is averaging 86 points against them this year....Maybe Wade will make the game Tuesday,wouldn't want any excuses about having players home and all......

By the way,I was kidding...Welcome to the T....You should have joined a long time ago....You have potential...

Well,I was going to welcome you to the T,but that post did it for me for you...... :D

My vacation will be spent in The Boro win or lose,I've been going to the tournament the past few years......

You are kidding about the Vikings playing defense right??...Union City is averaging 86 points against them this year....Maybe Wade will make the game Tuesday,wouldn't want any excuses about having players home and all......

By the way,I was kidding...Welcome to the T....You should have joined a long time ago....You have potential...

Thanks, I like true fans of the game. We should get along well. Slayton was the best ball player Union City ever had (pre-3 pointer at least)

Bulldogcoach 23..Remember not to give too many secrets away..especially to AOC and U.C...You know we made you an honorary Lake Countian,along with your fans and Middle College players a couple years ago when we were battling Doakes and Trenton..Are you still associated with the same team in any capacity or another school?

mrbigster,

i did say LC matches up well with all of the schools left. i will not give out too much information, but i have heard from schools about "other" schools. so, i try to be fair to all involved. i like good basketball. i am at the same school in a teaching capacity. it has been hard not coaching. i will coach next year. i am getting calls from other schools to start a program. i like the a class, but have not ruled out aa and aaa class schools. it just depends upon what is made known after the basketball season. i will call LC for a game or two whether i stay or leave. good luck in the regionals.

mrbigster,

i did say LC matches up well with all of the schools left. i will not give out too much information, but i have heard from schools about "other" schools. so, i try to be fair to all involved. i like good basketball. i am at the same school in a teaching capacity. it has been hard not coaching. i will coach next year. i am getting calls from other schools to start a program. i like the a class, but have not ruled out aa and aaa class schools. it just depends upon what is made known after the basketball season. i will call LC for a game or two whether i stay or leave. good luck in the regionals.

Don't wander off too far..A lot of people don't think Coach Whitby in in the best of health..Remember..You're just a phone call away..And although U.C. and Humboldt seems to think they will be the best two teams next year..I'm telling you now..Lake Co will be loaded the next 4 or 5 years at least.