Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

About Oakland's new administrator....Bruce Hicklen!!! Former OHS coach, Principle at Giles Co., and the Assistant Principle at Blackman HS. plus he and Mr. Vaughn know each other well. Coach Hicklen's son played baseball with Mr.Vaughn's son in high school. also Bruce's oldest son played football for Oakland. He could also help out coaching. I think he could bring some much needed nastiness, toughness, and more discipline. Now before you come after me, I know that oakland got tougher and had almost no discipline problems. But this is another coach with winning experience. But you would have to convince him to stop working for his oldest son which i think is a stretch.

Also heard through the grapevine that a smyrna coach would love to be at oakland if a job opened up. Not as an assistant principle, though. If this is true, it would be welcomed with lots of excitement.... I won't say who but it is an assistant. thats all I will say.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

who are you hearing Hicklen from??? I keep being told that Coach Collins from Riverdale is coming over and will start at Oakland on January 3.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw the actual picture today and the coach holding the trophy with my father in law was coach Middleton and they both had big smiles on i wonder if coach middleton posed for that on purpose (know him through umpiring and of course father in law real good guy) when i see their smiles it makes it kinda of worth it knowing that they got to experience that feeling so na it still stinks LOL JK

As far as the facilities...in baseball WE FUNDED EVERYTHING WE DID NOT GET ANY MONEY FROM THE COUNTY it was us working at titans game and donations and MANY other fund raisers that we continue to do everyday in fact we dont even get money from the school where as oakland does get money ie umpires and other game fees so please dont think the county payed for anything for us at the baseball field in fact we are finally get a new scoreboard which of course we are paying for

i just think 350,000 is a lot of money for a practice facility and i am sure when one school gets it it wont be long before the rest do think about all the extra reecruits yall will get with it and yall can get zone exemtions anyone can go there without moving so oakland has some tremendous opportunities right now

Granted 350k is alot, but you probably need to pay that much at least to get a good indoor practice facility. I believe when Gallatin and White House had theirs built that it was much higher, but I could be wrong. The practicie facility is being built to put our team and athletic program on the cutting edge, not to gain recruits. But if ya want to throw a couple of starters Oakland's way, Ill be happy to oblige

oakland does have a CAD class. however, i don't think the teacher is going anywhere soon. You are good!!!!! It would be hard for him to leave now he is close to his players especially Sonny. But i wouldn't mind seeing him on the sidelines!!!!! Plus i believe he can teach math and a business class

There is NO WAY he is leaving Smyrna. His son Jordan wouldn't allow it. :thumb: That kid bleeds purple and gold.

GEEEZ....you are sure taking the name of this thread to heart. You are killing me with all these rumors about folk at Oakland.

Guess I am way too gullible.....

SORRY!!!! Just trying to get names and ideas out there!!! Some of the things I have mentioned are possible. they just need to be put into motion.

As for little jordan.....Ask him and coach middleton about the McGowans. Shawn coached the oldest McGowan and coached or coached against some former big names from oakland. Hicklen, King, Sharber. he still talks to several ohs families. But his whole family truly loves smyrna, I mean they own the mascot!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I imagine Butch has already hired the assistant as they are to start the position on Jan 3. Anyone know who actually got the job??

Did Hicklen even apply? Great scenario BB1..........hope it comes true. B)

2p, I heard 'your' favorite R'dale coach was coming over. Gonna be in charge of the 'clipboard' there that has the practice times on it for the new indoor facility. Sort of a tune up job for the future head coach position there.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

In my best Flip Wilson voice------I have been a BAAAAAD boy! :lol: