Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

Uh riverdaleman........you left us out. Did we get moved to another region or something?

alright humor me...you had a lot of SRs last year you have Bass and precious but not much else and unless precious starts working hard he isnt going to be much so tell me a legit reason as to why you should be in the playoff mix...i dont think we will be in the state championship mix if that means anything to ya

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anybody heard of this matt rofrano kid that played for smyrna last year. i think he played the d-line but not familiar with him.he had like 70 tackles and 2 sacks on the year. i heard he is going to riverdale.hope he doesnt my son said that he is pretty athletic for a 5'11 210 d-lineman maybe this will help riverdale with the d-line situation and they could put verge at d-end.

i think his name is dakota but im not sure he and deion are only sophomores. i think the boy from riverdale is going to play at the defensive line and seems to be catching the coaches attention by outrunning smaller players and having great speed at his size. but i have also heard that this kid is bad and will never make it because of behavier.

good luck with him.... he tried to fight one of our coaches..... all he cares about is squat and he only does it when he feels like it... he comes to school about one day a week... he runs like a 5.3.....and he left riverdale for oakland so he shouldn't be able to play at smyrna

i dont know where he lives i just havent seen him around i was hoping othere would say they have hey its hard to recruit kids if the coach isnt around

last i heard coach a is from franklin...did he move when he got the coaching job in the boro? why r us saying he is a no show? does he not have 2 b at school everyday? guess if it was important enough the powers that b wld grab him at school & tell him to get the ball rolling and get the team lined up wouldnt u think? :unsure:also u have other coaches that are supposed 2 be supporting u & helping w/ this where r they?

Edited by chargeher

has anybody heard of this matt rofrano kid that played for smyrna last year. i think he played the d-line but not familiar with him.he had like 70 tackles and 2 sacks on the year. i heard he is going to riverdale.hope he doesnt my son said that he is pretty athletic for a 5'11 210 d-lineman maybe this will help riverdale with the d-line situation and they could put verge at d-end.

who sd riverdale was having a d-line situation? i do believe they had plenty of jrs & sophs to fill the positions cleared out by the srs. :thumb:

He seems pretty happy here in Smyrna. I don't know why he would want to leave a school that has a great shot to repeat this year for a team that doesn't even know who there next QB is.

Edited by jmu031

who sd riverdale was having a d-line situation? i do believe they had plenty of jrs & sophs to fill the positions cleared out by the srs. :thumb:

I tend to agree that the material is there to rebuild the line. Talking to a friend the other day that said the reason Verge was able to move to DE was the emergence of one of the younger guys that has become a "Verge clone"...his words. We can only hope that's true.

Rofrano is listed as a junior this year so next year would be his senior year. I would love another defensive lineman but transferring for your senior year should be carefully thought out. In principle, it's just not the right thing to do unless there are other circumstances involved.

Any weight room reports or news about spring practice?

the dakota kid (i also forgot his last name)...he's pretty good. him and aaron ebalarosa were the only 2 freshman asked to move to varsity (for the playoffs) after their freshman season was over in '05. he was in some trouble with the team and left after last year, i had heard he has been attending smyrna this entire year and up until this point i thought he had played the '06 season. if he can keep his head on straight he could be a good one but i remember his effort also getting questioned when he was at riverdale

last i heard coach a is from franklin...did he move when he got the coaching job in the boro? why r us saying he is a no show? does he not have 2 b at school everyday? guess if it was important enough the powers that b wld grab him at school & tell him to get the ball rolling and get the team lined up wouldnt u think? :unsure:also u have other coaches that are supposed 2 be supporting u & helping w/ this where r they?

Coach Aydelott was at the game tonight and that was good to see him there like i said in the basketball thread i hope he gets micheal young out for football next year he played 8th grade year at christianna and he was pretty good i think he would be a great addition to the team maybe for his SR year he will do it (i know the coaches have been recruitng him to play all these years but you can always hope he changes his mind)..(it is legal to recruit kids at your own school)

I tend to agree that the material is there to rebuild the line. Talking to a friend the other day that said the reason Verge was able to move to DE was the emergence of one of the younger guys that has become a "Verge clone"...his words. We can only hope that's true.

Rofrano is listed as a junior this year so next year would be his senior year. I would love another defensive lineman but transferring for your senior year should be carefully thought out. In principle, it's just not the right thing to do unless there are other circumstances involved.

Any weight room reports or news about spring practice?

we have a kid who's about to break the hang clean record... everyone has gotten stronger, we've got a whole new work out plan and routine we are going by and practice is scheduled for the end of april as of now

Coach Aydelott was at the game tonight and that was good to see him there like i said in the basketball thread i hope he gets micheal young out for football next year he played 8th grade year at christianna and he was pretty good i think he would be a great addition to the team maybe for his SR year he will do it (i know the coaches have been recruitng him to play all these years but you can always hope he changes his mind)..(it is legal to recruit kids at your own school)

he'd be an excellent addition... some of the players are also trying to recruit a kid off the track team. Jamarcus, not sure about his last name, he's about 6 foot 3 inches and runs about or 4.4 or 4.5.... he's been playing football with some of us after school and he's a great athlete