Gordonsville 2007

croz6110

Guest Termite
Your not too bright but I like you Termitt. I meant I underestimated them when I said a 14 point win, it could be by more, alot more. Does that clear things up there Termitt?

Not really.........

You make me look a lot smarter than I am. "I meant....when I said" , you have to say that a lot...don't you?

You still haven't answered my question.....and I see where you are questioning someone else's guts....

What is you prediction in the Westmorland and G-ville game......I know its hard to pick one because it appears your

loyality is slipping.....Red and white--Blue and white...whats the difference right? As long as 1 can beat the Owls.

Your kind of like a kid that has never played anything.....besides checkers....and see a chance to jump on a good team. I'm waiting to see if you last.............I thought you were going to jump on the Upperman Bandwagon for a minute. I guess if you jump on enough Bandwagons....1 may pay off........

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really.........

You make me look a lot smarter than I am. "I meant....when I said" , you have to say that a lot...don't you?

You still haven't answered my question.....and I see where you are questioning someone else's guts....

What is you prediction in the Westmorland and G-ville game......I know its hard to pick one because it appears your

loyality is slipping.....Red and white--Blue and white...whats the difference right? As long as 1 can beat the Owls.

Your kind of like a kid that has never played anything.....besides checkers....and see a chance to jump on a good team. I'm waiting to see if you last.............I thought you were going to jump on the Upperman Bandwagon for a minute. I guess if you jump on enough Bandwagons....1 may pay off........

OK, I think in an earlier post I said that GV would beat Westmoreland and Smith Co. night chickens. I'm a Westmoreland fan through and through but I am realistic. Westmoreland was beaten last year by the Tigers. I feel the Tigers are better this year than last. Smith Co or Westmoreland should not be as good as far as experience this year so playing GV at the beginning of the year, Smith Co. game 2 and I think Westmoreland game 4 will be a big advantage to a team who has all that talent and experience coming back. You and others should have already heard me say all along that Westmoreland and Smith Co. will both be weaker than last year. However, I think both are still the two teams to beat in Region 4-2A. I did not say state wide they are the teams to beat. I never predicted Westmoreland to win region 4-2A hands down. I said we have the players it takes if they keep their head on straight. Yes, I think Westmoreland can beat Smith Co.. Not just this year, but most years we play them we CAN beat them. Unlike Alcoa, Smith Co. is very beatable for Westmoreland year in and year out. Look at the overall series. Westmoreland has many young talented players this season. They cant sustain too many injuries though. After hearing the Upperman/GV scrimmage score that team really scares me. However we have the people to beat them also if we play well. Apart from all the folks we had to call it quits, overall we can still win the region this season. We just have to give 100% every play and not get injuries.

OK, I think in an earlier post I said that GV would beat Westmoreland and Smith Co. night chickens. I'm a Westmoreland fan through and through but I am realistic. Westmoreland was beaten last year by the Tigers. I feel the Tigers are better this year than last. Smith Co or Westmoreland should not be as good as far as experience this year so playing GV at the beginning of the year, Smith Co. game 2 and I think Westmoreland game 4 will be a big advantage to a team who has all that talent and experience coming back. You and others should have already heard me say all along that Westmoreland and Smith Co. will both be weaker than last year. However, I think both are still the two teams to beat in Region 4-2A. I did not say state wide they are the teams to beat. I never predicted Westmoreland to win region 4-2A hands down. I said we have the players it takes if they keep their head on straight. Yes, I think Westmoreland can beat Smith Co.. Not just this year, but most years we play them we CAN beat them. Unlike Alcoa, Smith Co. is very beatable for Westmoreland year in and year out. Look at the overall series. Westmoreland has many young talented players this season. They cant sustain too many injuries though. After hearing the Upperman/GV scrimmage score that team really scares me. However we have the people to beat them also if we play well. Apart from all the folks we had to call it quits, overall we can still win the region this season. We just have to give 100% every play and not get injuries.

We didn't lose that much more experience than we have ever lost. It's not the first time we have lost our starting backfield. '05 bring back any memories? We were done. Couldn't possibly play without Wilmore, Dyer and Brady. They were great players but teams move on. This year isn't that bad by any means. Alexander and Randolph meant a huge amount to GV last year. Who do they have with big game experience besides Davis and Smith? And yes, most years you can beat us if we play like we did in the regular season game last year. That's about it. Playoff game wasn't even close except for the bombs. I know that's part of the game but yall had 0 running game and very little short to intermediate throwing game. Dispute that and you'll prove the craziness to anyone who was at the game.

Guest Termite

What leads you to believe that GV has more experience returning than anyone else??? How many starters did they lose and at what position compared to starters and positions for Westmoland-SC???? I think as far as experience and skill positions...they are somewhat equal...GV has Smith returning....thats it as far as experienced skill positions...about the same for everyone else......Now...what does that mean..I'm not sure except...If we win...we have a better TEAM...if they win ...they have a better TEAM.....Experience and talent are a wash...about even...some better than others at some positions................ Some are just more visiable and high profile...

We didn't lose that much more experience than we have ever lost. It's not the first time we have lost our starting backfield. '05 bring back any memories? We were done. Couldn't possibly play without Wilmore, Dyer and Brady. They were great players but teams move on. This year isn't that bad by any means. Alexander and Randolph meant a huge amount to GV last year. Who do they have with big game experience besides Davis and Smith? And yes, most years you can beat us if we play like we did in the regular season game last year. That's about it. Playoff game wasn't even close except for the bombs. I know that's part of the game but yall had 0 running game and very little short to intermediate throwing game. Dispute that and you'll prove the craziness to anyone who was at the game.

We could argue that we played terrible in both games and still got beat by only 5 in one and won the other by 2. I think the first 10 points in the game we won was almost given to SC by bad special teams or turnovers. If you want to say ya'll had bad games, I think we can also. Year in and year out, SC and Westmoreland are not very different as far as talent. SC does have a couple more players than us but you can only put 11 on the field at one time. Coaching for each team is fairly equal I think. It all comes down to which team comes into the game wanting it more and have their head screwed on right. 2005 Westmoreland was not mentally ready for the SC game. So I guess I could say we just played terrible and thats why ya'll won. Neither team made it far enough to play one another again. Difference in GV, and SC/Westmoreland, GV has their field general back. The QB, this is an amazing advantage in my oppinion. It is alot less chance of him folding in those situations some have talked about that he has over the past couple of years(those from Smith Co.). Yeah, SC's quarter back played alittle last season, but if he had of been the better quarterback last year he would have been the starter. So far what I have seen in the scrimmages Brooks is a slight improvement over Madison passing. He has impressed me I guess you could say. I had him as a huge question mark early, but am now not worried whatsoever with him. Bigtime situations is what you have to look at when you have young players, but last years seniors success will help the younger players understand the frame of mind you have to have to win a regional title. It was definitely good for our entire program to win that regional title. I know you dont like to hear it, but being in the region with GP and DL did not help our frame of mind much at all. Say what you want but it means something to a team to know you actually have a 50/50 shot at winning your region and playing a 4th place team in the playoffs. Until the last 2 years this was not the case I dont think for Westmoreland.

Edited by Mr. Postman1

Ok, this is getting boring real quick. There are 3 really good, tradition rich teams represented on here. Other than bulletin board material NONE OF US will help determine the outcome of any game this year. Why don't we all shut up, (including me) and let these kids enjoy playing a game that we love. Last year don't mean (....insert vulgarity here....) this year. Now we've gone to calling out, by name, the kids and their abilities and skills based on who did and didn't play last year. Sorry, I just think it's kinda ridiculous when it goes to this.

They dont have to be taugh. Just take one trip to Nashville. Most kids learn by experience. Not many beleive anything parents say in the first place. Even in your neck of the woods dtruth. Kids are kids. They do know when the silver spoon is sticking out of their mouth. Thats taught at home. Where its placed there. :roflol:

Now you proclaim that all FC kids are born with a silver spoon stickin' out of their mouths (but at least you do give them credit for believin' what their parents tell them)......that's like me sayin' all G'ville kids are born with a crack pipe stuck to their lips.....ignorance is commical sometimes.....and you don't know those people for sure.......yep, there are a few who got some $$$$$, just like a few at G'ville too.......what do we do....kill them all?......nope, just talk bad about 'em on here

DTRUTH hears what yur sayin' :thumb:

Ok, this is getting boring real quick. There are 3 really good, tradition rich teams represented on here. Other than bulletin board material NONE OF US will help determine the outcome of any game this year. Why don't we all shut up, (including me) and let these kids enjoy playing a game that we love. Last year don't mean (....insert vulgarity here....) this year. Now we've gone to calling out, by name, the kids and their abilities and skills based on who did and didn't play last year. Sorry, I just think it's kinda ridiculous when it goes to this.

Agree with the name part, they are just kids. Not saying anyone is being negative towards the kids, but nothing can be gained by comparing kids on the same team.

We could argue that we played terrible in both games and still got beat by only 5 in one and won the other by 2. I think the first 10 points in the game we won was almost given to SC by bad special teams or turnovers. If you want to say ya'll had bad games, I think we can also. Year in and year out, SC and Westmoreland are not very different as far as talent. SC does have a couple more players than us but you can only put 11 on the field at one time. Coaching for each team is fairly equal I think. It all comes down to which team comes into the game wanting it more and have their head screwed on right. 2005 Westmoreland was not mentally ready for the SC game. So I guess I could say we just played terrible and thats why ya'll won. Neither team made it far enough to play one another again. Difference in GV, and SC/Westmoreland, GV has their field general back. The QB, this is an amazing advantage in my oppinion. It is alot less chance of him folding in those situations some have talked about over the past couple of years(people from Smith Co.). Yeah, SC's quarter back played alittle last season, but if he had of been the better quarterback last year he would have been the starter. So far what I have seen in the scrimmages Brooks is a slight improvement over Madison passing. He has impressed me I guess you could say. I had him as a huge question mark early, but am now not worried whatsoever with him. Bigtime situations is what you have to look at when you have young players, but last years seniors success will help the younger players understand the frame of mind you have to have to win a regional title. It was definitely good for our entire program to win that regional title. I know you dont like to hear it, but being in the region with GP and DL did not help our frame of mind much at all. Say what you want but it means something to a team to know you actually have a 50/50 shot at winning your region and playing a 4th place team in the playoffs. Until the last 2 years this was not the case I dont think for Westmoreland.
I should have added that Brooks's running ability is slightly under Madison's. I am not running down Madison whatsoever. He was very tough and a great player. I was just saying the quarterback position really scared me going into spring. I am much more satisfied that Brooks can step in and help get the job done after the scrimmages I have watched. I dont want to run any individual down on here unless they step out themselves and try to be an individual apart from their team. Then they leave themselves open. Edited by Mr. Postman1

I would hope that Postman would not have an alter ego named Bulletbob, that could be a bad omen. We are not one in the same. I was not aware of the board rule only allowing responses to posts that were directed to you personally. If contrasting opinions are not your preference, CoachT is the wrong place to be. I merely stated, in so many words, that we all talk alot of crap that really doesn't amount to much but we all enjoy it. I did enjoy your snappy 8th grade bubblegum chewer response, "I wasn't talking to you". I guess originality isn't to high on your list. Oh yeah, I am talking to you.

There is no rule, your right.

A first year member of CoachT, suggesting that CoachT may not be the place for me. :roflol:

There is no rule, your right.

A first year member of CoachT, suggesting that CoachT may not be the place for me. :thumb:

Thanks for the confirmation, being a CoachT newcomer and all. I actually just heard of this site last fall. Your experience on CoachT should be worn as a badge of honor for all us novices to see. I am sure that Muffin is your rock. :roflol:

Edited by Bulletbob