What's Goin' On With Oak Ridge Football Off Season

Cactus Jack

You are right I should write stories about all of this, because someone who lives in Florida and I don't even know who they are (because they have this screen name that they bash a coach under) sent me a message on coacht.com.

Please.

Why don't you call me, give me your name and then man up as to why you don't like the current coach. I have an idea why. You questioning my guts is laughable. I will not write stories based on your closet prejudices, sorry man ... can't do it. My number is 220-5508, I am in the office usually between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m.

Hey, write a letter to the editor even, so the readers of Oak Ridge can see how concerned you are about things. Of course, you will have to give your real name and address so we can confirm you are the author. Someone who is so concerned, should get it off their chest, all of this just isn't healthy for ya.

I know players have been working out, I have no idea about coaches meetings, although I have talked to just about every coach on the staff ... even those four or five that you are reporting as gone.

Trust me, I will not get in some internet battle with you ... time is too precious to allow that. I would suggest that you contact those in charge about your discontent with the current head coach. I am sure several anonymous people have called in and done just the same.

I cover high school sports. The main focus of high school sports happens to be the children who are playing them. Don't we make them grow up fast as it is, without having to put together this internet lynch mob (don't take that too personal) because the coach led the team to a 5-5 year? I mean, there have been other coaches at Oak Ridge who have went 5-5 and bounced back to have fairly decent careers.

Try this, support coach Stevens just one more time. If, in just his third season at Oak Ridge, he greatly disappoints you down there, then you can start circulating your petitions.

You think I am a bad sports writer, I think you are something far worse. I like where I stand in this one.

Have a great holiday season.

Oak Ridge

Ouch!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merry Christmas TANK! You said a mouthful and I totally agree with you. I am really tired of hearing from these two who do nothing but run down not only the coaches, but the whole program from the administration down. Their predictions have been wrong as is their message, hate.

Last years 'Cats may not have been the best in terms of wins/losses, but I was around the players and the coaches from the beginning and they are all winners in my book.

Both the coaches and the players know what it will take to turn this around and they have the talent and the tools to do it. Those who under estimate Oak Ridge in the upcoming season will be left wondering what happened.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL! :blink:

You may not want to believe it but those teams in Oak Ridge region started getting better in the last two years. Teams from the 4A and sometimes 3A leagues beat them on a regular basis. To say they were good is not looking at who they played and how they did. For the support that Oak Ridge has and had, as well as the kids and tallent they usually have Lusier did an average job. I do agree that Oak Ridge had a terrible year, but tallent level was way down.

I also agree that Graham Clark has not done the great job that everyone says. He continues to win the region and beat another great team every year, but has not managed to get to the gold ball game. Exceptional tallent, but no championship appearance. I do like Graham though.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

I'm a racist now? (closet prejudices, lynch mob) Great. I'm glad you told me, I didn't know. I have sent you personal emails that you have failed to answer. I have no problem with the coaches....just loosing ...especially because of lack of committment, organization and preparation...all of which I perceive are the only issues. I was supporting OR football when you were still pooping green and I will be when you are writing for the Nahville Tennessean. I will support it financially and emotinally, win or loose, but I think many of us expect a total commtittment to winning. I'm the one laughing. How are all those meetings that you reported were going to happen working out? And by the way, they did only start working out last week.

Ole Dad

You are right I should write stories about all of this, because someone who lives in Florida and I don't even know who they are (because they have this screen name that they bash a coach under) sent me a message on coacht.com.

Please.

Why don't you call me, give me your name and then man up as to why you don't like the current coach. I have an idea why. You questioning my guts is laughable. I will not write stories based on your closet prejudices, sorry man ... can't do it. My number is 220-5508, I am in the office usually between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m.

Hey, write a letter to the editor even, so the readers of Oak Ridge can see how concerned you are about things. Of course, you will have to give your real name and address so we can confirm you are the author. Someone who is so concerned, should get it off their chest, all of this just isn't healthy for ya.

I know players have been working out, I have no idea about coaches meetings, although I have talked to just about every coach on the staff ... even those four or five that you are reporting as gone.

Trust me, I will not get in some internet battle with you ... time is too precious to allow that. I would suggest that you contact those in charge about your discontent with the current head coach. I am sure several anonymous people have called in and done just the same.

I cover high school sports. The main focus of high school sports happens to be the children who are playing them. Don't we make them grow up fast as it is, without having to put together this internet lynch mob (don't take that too personal) because the coach led the team to a 5-5 year? I mean, there have been other coaches at Oak Ridge who have went 5-5 and bounced back to have fairly decent careers.

Try this, support coach Stevens just one more time. If, in just his third season at Oak Ridge, he greatly disappoints you down there, then you can start circulating your petitions.

You think I am a bad sports writer, I think you are something far worse. I like where I stand in this one.

Have a great holiday season.

Oak Ridge

I was supporting OR football...... a quote from Ole Dad.

The two key points here is that use of the word "was," none of your posts show any real support, especially for the coaches. The other point is if your a supporter we dang sure don't need no enemies. Tank called it like he saw it, as have many others.

Merry Christmas :(

Just because you are satisfied with being a loser doesn't make it a popular position for OR fans. How about using the entire quote next time ace? You are what they call a Yellow Dog Supporter. You would support a Yellow Dog if it wore your teams jersey. I guess since I haven't started a petition to replace Stanton yet I haven't met you expectations. I have laid out factual information and concerns, none of which you and Tank would like to acknowledge or comment on and I'm an "Enemy" of the program. Get real. I wish we would win every game and really don't care who the coaches are as long as they work towards a common goal of winning The State Championship and putting in the effort that it takes to do so. So, go find a new cause....Yellow Dog.

Ole Dad

I was supporting OR football...... a quote from Ole Dad.

The two key points here is that use of the word "was," none of your posts show any real support, especially for the coaches. The other point is if your a supporter we dang sure don't need no enemies. Tank called it like he saw it, as have many others.

Merry Christmas :thumb:

Why is it always the coach and never the fact that maybe, just maybe the talent is a little less than in previous years (not that this is the case)but it is a possibility.......

Oak Ridge should win 7 or 8 game every year due to their schedule being weak. Before you jump on me ask yourself just how difficult is their region schedule and non-region games?

Our schedule and region are weak?!?!? Your joking right? On our schedule there is Ootlewah (playoffs), Farragut (playoffs), William Blount (playoffs), Dobyns-Bennett (1A Region Champs-Playoffs) we have now added Fulton (3A State Champions) We did have two weak links, Jeff Co and Clinton, we dropped Jeff Co. As for the Region foes 2A is one of the toughest. 2A has made it to the title game the last two years. That doesn't soound like weak to me.

Edited by OakRidgeCat