Colts vs Bears - Superbowl

QUOTE(oldchsman @ Jan 26 2007 - 01:41 PM) 826347104[/snapback]

Can you people talk about the game.What crap.

Still a week and a half before the game, I imagine things will heat up a little closer to the big day. If you want to talk about the game...go for it, especially if you are a Bears fan. I seem to be outnumbered these days

You must not come to the Plus boards much because then you'd know we pride ourselves on the ability to wonder aimlessly through a topic and on to another one with ease, even if it is crap . Crap is our specialty... Its an artform that we work hard to accomplish...so don't knock it, try it. Sometimes we actually have fun on these boards (but not very often...only 3-100 times a day)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Lions4ever @ Jan 26 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826347198[/snapback]

Still a week and a half before the game, I imagine things will heat up a little closer to the big day. If you want to talk about the game...go for it, especially if you are a Bears fan. I seem to be outnumbered these days

You must not come to the Plus boards much because then you'd know we pride ourselves on the ability to wonder aimlessly through a topic and on to another one with ease, even if it is crap . Crap is our specialty... Its an artform that we work hard to accomplish...so don't knock it, try it. Sometimes we actually have fun on these boards (but not very often...only 3-100 times a day)

Whaddya mean, we don't stay on topic....we always stay on topic......uhhh, what

was it anyway?

Would you believe these folks at TDOT have already salted the roads for Sun.....

it's going to rain first & wash it all off...

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:07 PM) 826343364[/snapback] Indisputable fact why the Colts will win the Superbowl:

• AFC won 40 of 64 games against the NFC in 2006 Season

• 62.5% winning percentage in 2006 by the AFC is second-best in NFL history

• AFC has won three straight Super Bowls, five of the last six, and seven of the last 10

• Only four of the sixteen AFC had losing records against the NFC in 2006

• Dallas was the only NFC team with winning record against AFC in 2006

• AFC had five teams with ten wins or more in 2006 while the NFC had three

• NFC had five teams with ten losses in 2006 as compared to AFC with four

• AFC had seven teams with winning records in 2006 while the NFC had five

• The Bears was two & two against AFC teams in 2006. Won games with Jets & Bills, Lost games with Patriots & Miami

• The Colts was three & one against NFC in 2006. Won games with Redskins, Giants, & Eagles while losing to Dallas

• Common Opponents in 2006: Both beat the Jets & Giants while Bears lost to Patriots & Miami

• Petyon Manning is better all-time band leader than Rex Grossman

The "Prime Fascia Evidence" is too much for the Bears to overcome with the domination of the AFC and the Colts over common opponents of the NFC and Bears.

Strike up the band Peyton, it's the Colts time.

I suspect the Colts will win also--not because of all the stats and comparisons you present (Stats and comparisons can be used to show anything.) Simply because the Colts have the better players, especially at the skills positions.

Here is a stat you overlooked: Only one team which plays its home games in a dome has ever won a Super Bowl--the St. Louis Rams who defeated the Titans.

Incidentally, the legal term for evidence on the face of things is "prima facie,", not

"prime fascia". "Fascia" refers to bundles in Latin and is connective tissue beneath the skins and in the organs of animals.

QUOTE(Augielio @ Jan 26 2007 - 11:44 PM) 826347740[/snapback]

I suspect the Colts will win also--not because of all the stats and comparisons you present (Stats and comparisons can be used to show anything.) Simply because the Colts have the better players, especially at the skills positions.

Here is a stat you overlooked: Only one team which plays its home games in a dome has ever won a Super Bowl--the St. Louis Rams who defeated the Titans.

Incidentally, the legal term for evidence on the face of things is "prima facie,", not

"prime fascia". "Fascia" refers to bundles in Latin and is connective tissue beneath the skins and in the organs of animals.

Cool phrase that "prima facie" is...I knew what "fascia" meant, Go me (and ERA, apparently)

Also love the phrase "persona non grata" (meaning "an unwelcome person")

I know what "prima nocturne" means but it's not a good thing. Go watch Braveheart.

Me thinks I shall take up Latin one day. Good luck to me. It was required I think when my dad was in high school. Those were the days.

Oh wait, I am off topic. Oops

QUOTE(bballer13 @ Jan 27 2007 - 12:29 PM) 826348149[/snapback]

If so they are paying a pretty penny....

I'm going..but only in my dreams.

At least this time I won't have to sleep on the street!

The last time the Bears went to the Super Bowl (1986... Shut up cav...I know I'm old) me and one of my buddies got the bright idea that we would go to the Super Bowl without tickets. We would just go and buy tickets on the street...we didn't care how much they cost...even if we had to pay $500.00 for BOTH tickets we we're willing to pay it to see our Bears

So our 18 & 19 year old selves get on the Amtrak train from Chicago to New Orleans having no idea that this would be an 18 hour trip. We were excited and ready to cheer on the Bears. Needless to say, when we finally get to New Orleans after riding with some people that to this day I'm not sure were from this planet, we try to buy tickets. It was the night before the game and the party was ON! The first people we run into offer us two upper deck endzones for "2". I said $200.00? we'll take em. I thought to myself "wow that was easy!" The guy looks at me like...well you can imagine the look on his face when he says "No man 2 G's...you know $2000.00." And I said "for two endzone upper deck tickets?" He said "No for one...I'll cut you a deal for 2" My buddy Ed looks at me and says no we'll keep looking. Needless to say those were the cheapest tickets we found all night. Then we thought oh well we'll just get a room and then hit Bourbon street and party. We hit Bourbon street alright after we learned that there was not a room to be found within 100 miles of the city. I don't remember alot after that except waking up in a private garden with a hangover, $16.00 left in my wallet, smelling a lot like dog pee and not looking forward to another 18 hour trip on the train.

If tickets were 2 grand in 86 I can't imagine how much they would be now Since I'm not as adventurous (aka STUPID)as I once was, I've decided that I will stay home and watch the game on the couch and maybe have a beer. Woo Hoo

QUOTE(Lions4ever @ Jan 27 2007 - 03:06 PM) 826348253[/snapback]

I'm going..but only in my dreams.

At least this time I won't have to sleep on the street!

The last time the Bears went to the Super Bowl (1986... Shut up cav...I know I'm old) me and one of my buddies got the bright idea that we would go to the Super Bowl without tickets. We would just go and buy tickets on the street...we didn't care how much they cost...even if we had to pay $500.00 for BOTH tickets we we're willing to pay it to see our Bears

So our 18 & 19 year old selves get on the Amtrak train from Chicago to New Orleans having no idea that this would be an 18 hour trip. We were excited and ready to cheer on the Bears. Needless to say, when we finally get to New Orleans after riding with some people that to this day I'm not sure were from this planet, we try to buy tickets. It was the night before the game and the party was ON! The first people we run into offer us two upper deck endzones for "2". I said $200.00? we'll take em. I thought to myself "wow that was easy!" The guy looks at me like...well you can imagine the look on his face when he says "No man 2 G's...you know $2000.00." And I said "for two endzone upper deck tickets?" He said "No for one...I'll cut you a deal for 2" My buddy Ed looks at me and says no we'll keep looking. Needless to say those were the cheapest tickets we found all night. Then we thought oh well we'll just get a room and then hit Bourbon street and party. We hit Bourbon street alright after we learned that there was not a room to be found within 100 miles of the city. I don't remember alot after that except waking up in a private garden with a hangover, $16.00 left in my wallet, smelling a lot like dog pee and not looking forward to another 18 hour trip on the train.

If tickets were 2 grand in 86 I can't imagine how much they would be now Since I'm not as adventurous (aka STUPID)as I once was, I've decided that I will stay home and watch the game on the couch and maybe have a beer. Woo Hoo

That is one of the best stories I believe I have ever read on these boards. L4E, surely a man like yourself could have found SOMEONE to take you in for the night? There had to be some ladies around there somewhere.

QUOTE(Solomon @ Jan 27 2007 - 03:08 PM) 826348311[/snapback]

That is one of the best stories I believe I have ever read on these boards. L4E, surely a man like yourself could have found SOMEONE to take you in for the night? There had to be some ladies around there somewhere.

Oh yeah Sol...there were plenty of "ladies" around. The kind that were more than happy to relieve me of my money to put me "up" for about 30 minutes , the kind that had muscle-bound drunk jocks on their arms that were feeling all the spill-over testosterone from the Super Dome, or the kind that used the same public restroom as I did One of the very fuzzy memories I have has something to do with my buddy Ed paying a girl 100 bucks to see "some". Oh he saw some alright...some of the same thing he sees when he looks down at himself...he still won't talk about that to this day.