Lexington 67 McNairy 63

LetMeHearYA

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LetMeHearYA @ Jan 30 2007 - 10:06 PM) 826352429[/snapback]

Congrats to Lexington on coming from behind and getting the win. It was a very good game and it seems you guys just have our number. Bomar is one heck of a player. Does anybody know what schools are looking at him?

Congrats to the Lexington boys, Coach Clement, and Coach Forney.

very surprising....i knew Lexington had a pretty good team and had already beat Mcnairy once this year. But with Gardner being suspended and the game being played at Mcnairy, i figured Mcnairy would take this one by about 10 or so.

But congrats to Lexington and the new coaches there....that is a big win in the best district in 2A basketball. Good Luck the rest of the year to both teams.

Lexington's players and current coaches should be commended for a job well done. They are now all but guaranteed of being one of the top four teams come tourney time.

McNairy's UNDERACHIEVING season continues I see I know that the Bobcats could be tough in a one game elimination situation and even with a talent like Ken Bingham on the floor it becomes tougher BUT all I can think about now is what if they lose the second game to Chester Co. as well

There is just something about those Lexington Tigers. They know how to beat McNairy. Once again...nobody is to blame except the bobcats for that loss. After seeing the way they played southside and seeing how good this team actually is, it is heartbreaking to watch them lose games they could have won. No disrespect to Lexington but I believe the Bobcats should have won. Good job by the Lexington players to not let the whole coaching ordeal have a big impact on the game. McNairy has so much potential...maybe they will figure out how to put it to use before district tournaments.

There is just something about those Lexington Tigers. They know how to beat McNairy. Once again...nobody is to blame except the bobcats for that loss. After seeing the way they played southside and seeing how good this team actually is, it is heartbreaking to watch them lose games they could have won. No disrespect to Lexington but I believe the Bobcats should have won. Good job by the Lexington players to not let the whole coaching ordeal have a big impact on the game. McNairy has so much potential...maybe they will figure out how to put it to use before district tournaments.

[/quo

It was a very disappointing loss for the Bobcats. Lexington has some talent in Bomar and Threadgill. Maybe the cats can turn it aroud against bolivar come friday night and then chester county next week before the district tournament.

QUOTE(LetMeHearYA @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826352429[/snapback]

Congrats to Lexington on coming from behind and getting the win. It was a very good game and it seems you guys just have our number. Bomar is one heck of a player. Does anybody know what schools are looking at him?

"Bomar one heck of a player " I agree. What is sad he was a really good player last year but he had to sit in the back seat because of Gardner's ulterior selfish goals. I wonder if finally he will rate as an "official college" prospect on Coacht now that Leon is gone. You might find out the who the real horses are on the team now. Since Gardner mentored Clement, I don't think you are going to see anymore improvement in the tournament. But it looks like he has a chance to prove it. If he doesn't do it this year, they should open the door to some fresh thinking like Forney. Has anyone heard about Dateline coming to Lexington?? Where is that smooth juker when you need him?

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:33 PM) 826353704[/snapback]

You know it's hard for me to figure out what these teams are gonna do....the games you think you have figured out turns out different....who know what will happen at the tournaments. Or....is it just me?

Interesting thought you have after seeing/hearing about this game - I won't go as far as to say Lexington could have been a Bolivar type powerhouse, but over the past 6 years we have had the athletes to pull of some big upsets if the right coach was guiding our team. I'd love to see Forney or Johnson get there chance at working with the team, but something tells me the local politics will destroy that. We just need a someone without an agenda that can be affected by politics that can see the true athlete and put the right combination on the floor. Alot of folks wonder how Bolivar puts a high quality team on the floor every year (and it is not because of the water either) - key is the coach and community pride/expectations . It can be done at LHS too.

QUOTE(hackashaq @ Feb 1 2007 - 09:16 PM) 826355127[/snapback]

Interesting thought you have after seeing/hearing about this game - I won't go as far as to say Lexington could have been a Bolivar type powerhouse, but over the past 6 years we have had the athletes to pull of some big upsets if the right coach was guiding our team. I'd love to see Forney or Johnson get there chance at working with the team, but something tells me the local politics will destroy that. We just need a someone without an agenda that can be affected by politics that can see the true athlete and put the right combination on the floor. Alot of folks wonder how Bolivar puts a high quality team on the floor every year (and it is not because of the water either) - key is the coach and community pride/expectations . It can be done at LHS too.

I throughly love how everyone involved with Lexington High School basketball has an agenda except for you. Please don't disgrace quality guys like Speedy or Dewond by pulling them into YOUR agenda. You've gotten what you wanted, Gardner is gone never to return.

And for what it's worth, if I was calling the shots, I'd head down the road to Savannah to see if I could pull a certain assistant coach off of their bench to be the next coach at LHS. But then again, I doubt he would fit anyone involved with this' agenda.