Official Thread: Miss Basketball

CoachT

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tdntn @ Jan 31 2007 - 09:36 PM) 826353911[/snapback]

in AAA - Anne Marie Lanning of Riverdale; Tara Davis of Oakland

AAA, I would have to say these are two that are worthy although two different type players . For AML for her all around play and charisma on the floor and the way the love of the game comes out in the way she plays and has mastered most all of the important techniques. And for TD and the way she might just take over take over a game if you would let her with her agressiveness and the way she would challenge a whole team to help them win. I have a feeling from these two that if it were anything, except basketball, in life, i would want these two on my team.

I have seen many players this year that are supposed to be candidates for many things but not any with the heart of these two.

AAA

Angela Puleo William Blount

Tierney Jenkins Wilson Central

Ashley Herring Bartlett

AA

Kayla Holloway Dyersburg

Mandy Mendehall Harpeth

Jasmine Robinson Austin-East

A

Kayla Christopher Oliver Springs

Kayla Hudson Gleason

Abby Andrews Collinwood

D2

Glory Johnson Webb

Faith Dupree Webb

Victoria Dunlap BA

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Feb 1 2007 - 12:20 AM) 826354099[/snapback]

AAA

Angela Puleo William Blount

Tierney Jenkins Wilson Central

Ashley Herring Bartlett

AA

Kayla Holloway Dyersburg

Mandy Mendehall Harpeth

Jasmine Robinson Austin-East

A

Kayla Christopher Oliver Springs

Kayla Hudson Gleason

Abby Andrews Collinwood

D2

Glory Johnson Webb

Faith Dupree Webb

Victoria Dunlap BA

can you tell me a little bit about the 3 candidates you listed in AAA please educate me on these 3 ladies

QUOTE(coacht @ Jan 31 2007 - 04:50 PM) 826353529[/snapback]

I have the official ballot in my hand. Please make your recommendations from now until February 9th:

The Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards will be presented to the top girls and boys in four classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association at the state basketball championships in March.

This group is to include three finalists for Miss Basketball and three for Mr. Basketball in each classification. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. and Miss Basketball trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

The awards will be presented for each classification prior to the championship game awards presentation for each class, respectively. The presentation of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards for Division II will be given on Saturday, March 3 at Allen Arena on the campus of David Lipscomb University.

The presentation of the Miss Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 10 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

The presentation of the Mr. Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 17 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

Any player at any of our member schools is eligible to receive votes, and I would encourage you to take a moment and give careful consideration to any player with whom you are familiar and who you think deserving of the Mr. or Miss Basketball Award.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee that will include representatives from each area of the state will meet to vote on the finalists and winner of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Award for each classification. You may submit the names of up to three players in each classification for the awards. It is not necessary to vote for three players in each category, but that is your option. And, please, consider the statewide aspect of this voting process.

In order for my ballot to be counted in the selection process, it must be received in the TSSAA office no later than noon on FEBRUARY 9. Therefore, please make your recommendations soon. Negative putdowns will not be appreciated.

It doesn't really matter?!, They don't include post season stats!! Regular season means a lot but post season follow through counts the most for team MVP. Good luck to who ever deserves it!! Just hope it isn't the AP voting on it!!!