Who will win 7AA district

Falcons15

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way Cannon will not finish last. I think if they play the way they did against us Friday night then the will put up a battle with whoever they play. As a Dekalb fan I sure don't wanna see Cannon again. They have improved greatly and it is a good thing what their coach has done with this team. I am still confused on where Cannon got all this height, seems like they were not as tall last time.

I agree with the general that we need to get through the district tournaments before we start talking about the regions. However, I think the teams that get 1 and 2 in the district have a really good chance at making it to the regional finals this year because they get to play on their home floors. Obviously the #1 seed will have the best chance at making it simply because they have the home court in both games of the first two rounds in the regional tournament if I understand it correctly. Good Luck to the Wildcats in the post season.

QUOTE(bubblegum99 @ Feb 14 2007 - 08:13 AM) 826371200[/snapback]

I have heard my entire life the old phrases such as "gut check", "reality check", "maybe that loss will wake them up", "they needed to be beat before tournament time", etc. In my opinion, I don't care how hard anyone tries to see something positive in it , it's never good to lose.

Agree Gum99 it's never good to lose. I think LA was just going thru the motions from the way it sounded and Cookeville was playing on sort of a revenge factor from earlier in the year. Seems to me the Cavs came out with not only a win but a little momentum going into the tournament. Although the Cats did claw around their with 4 or 5 mins to go and tried to pull it out but fell just short. I believe if the game really had any major significance the outcome would have been different. I hope our boys don't take that attitude going into the tournament b/c winning the tourney will be a big advantage on trying to advance to the state.

cannon and dekalb use to challenge almost every year their sports program as a whole has bottomed out ,they've both under achieved again this year both have talent but not geting it done but with a good game can still beat anyone LA will win unless the bees home court benifits them and macon is a sleeper that could surprize

QUOTE(senator @ Feb 15 2007 - 05:33 PM) 826373421[/snapback]

cannon and dekalb use to challenge almost every year their sports program as a whole has bottomed out ,they've both under achieved again this year both have talent but not geting it done but with a good game can still beat anyone LA will win unless the bees home court benifits them and macon is a sleeper that could surprize

Dekalb softball team almost all ways goes to the Region as the one or two seed. The baseball team does too. They have won the district 2 of the last three years. I can't say much about football or girls basketball but the whole sports program has not bottomed out.

QUOTE(warrior2024 @ Feb 16 2007 - 11:58 AM) 826374574[/snapback]

Cannon County has not had a winning football program since the 1970's. They won 4 games in 05 and that was the most in one season since 1995. They have not been to the playoffs since 1995 as well. I don't know about other sports but football has not been very successful. But that will change.

That's football. This is a basketball forum, talk Cannon County Basketball.