GC V. Dburg

GCPioneer

QUOTE(Macnarry @ Feb 13 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826370436[/snapback] The rivalry between Dyer Co. and Dyersburg is one of the nastier ones in West Tennessee in basketball. Has it always been that way?

There has always been a big rivalry between the two schools but it seems this year is worse than others that I can remember. In my opinion, it is more the adults & parents that keep it going rather than the kids. Yeah, the kids want their respective school to be the one on top but the adults are the ones that make it nasty.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Macnarry @ Feb 13 2007 - 05:29 PM) 826370436[/snapback]

Coach Brown's team generally play well in the tournaments. He will silence his critics with a good district tournament.

The rivalry between Dyer Co. and Dyersburg is one of the nastier ones in West Tennessee in basketball. Has it always been that way?

not only in basketbally my friend

Macnarry, DC and Dyersburg have always been rivals but I know they just started playing each other in football again probably 5 years ago after a lay off of like 40 years or more. They just started playing each other again in other sports as well and now that they are in districts together, it is even more intense.

No1Trojan, "putting up championship banner year after year", both the Dyersburg boys and girls have won a silver ball apiece since the beginning of the TSSAA. More than DC, but it ain't like yall are God's gift to athletics. I am guessing you play football for Dyersburg which does give you something to brag about, but still if you want to measure a school's talent by banner, what Counce did was not anything more special than what Ab Davis did in the 70s at DC(Gold ball and a silver ball).

Last thing about recruiting, yes it is bad at the high school level and outlawed in aspects by TSSAA. But to say that one school is more guilty than the other is ludacris. It is a competetive district and if a DC or D-burg coach told me they didn't try to recruit talent out of Jr. High, I would laugh.

QUOTE(NO.1TROJAN @ Feb 13 2007 - 07:55 AM) 826369863[/snapback]

The Trojans will prevail vs. Gibson County..... we know how important the game is and our team know what they need to do, hopefully the real team will show for the remainder of the season, in fact GC you might see something you never expected... everybody knows TROJANS GOT GAME....... Yes beating a good team is tough, but that analogy can be used in any encounter beating a good team once is tough, so in my opinion it's not how many times you play them. Look what happen to your girls against Obion County wasn't last night the 3rd time you all played them and once again the same thing happen, so if we lose it won't be due to our having had to play them three times I am sure it will be due to a poor game performance. I am sure you are hoping that we lose, so be careful because the 3 and lose rule will then be applied to you by both of your future prospective opponents.

Now let me send my attention to my fellow Dyer Countian.... as I have said in previous post.... People who live in glass houses should not throw stones, in your case bricks. I know that it must be horrible for you guys living in the "SHADOW OF THE TROJAN" year after year never winning against us and having to see championship banner after championship banner go up alone with other championship hardware and now that your moment of glory has finally arrived you are elated and want to rub our faces in your glory, I have two words for you "short lived" yes that is how I see it... Trojan teams don't rebuild we reload, even with the departure of the talent that we had we are only a few points away from a 20 win season, and in another year we will be challenging you again. You can believe me when I say this, we enjoy your winning, because when your team wins in a sense ..... we win (seeing that 3/4 of your starters...well you know where they came from). Now when we were beating the brakes off of you year in and year out.... where were your fans? TROJANS fans are true to their team win lose or draw.... you will see the support not just when the going is good, be careful how you throw slurs and make uncanny remarks about "check the transfer papers", my advice is check them and you will find them all intact and that proper procedure has been followed. We leave the tacky recruiting practice to other guys, Both of the gentlemen who you referred to as dropping out of the sky actually were members of the team last year. One of the young men had to spend his first semester at the alternative school and the other young man transferred to live with another parent last summer did not like it and came back at the end of the last semester.

We might be a lot of things but we definitely are not cheaters and we do things with class, pride and we have the utmost respect for our opponents, but I have to understand your bitterness, because if someone out there had drubbed our butts into the ground as much as we have done DC's repeatedly.... I would savor my few minutes of greatness as well..... because as I said earlier short lived..... remember you heard it hear first...

Well. ya'll got a No.1 Spanking tonite Trogan Fan. The Browns just couldn't get it done. Maybe next year when Dyersburg can squeeze the next Brown in the game , things can look much better. I don't understand why Coach Brown played the slow down game with Gibson Co.? Even the radio guys were getting disgusted. The two tecnical fouls at the end of the game had to be an embarassment to the Dyersburg fans. It looks like ya'll need to go home and reload, as you so kindly put it...lol

QUOTE(Dyersburgfanatic @ Feb 12 2007 - 08:33 PM) 826369363[/snapback]

no this will not be the lucky one for gc. dyersburg should send them home on tuesday night

EAT YOUR CROW

QUOTE(DCfan74 @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826370954[/snapback]

Well. ya'll got a No.1 Spanking tonite Trogan Fan. The Browns just couldn't get it done. Maybe next year when Dyersburg can squeeze the next Brown in the game , things can look much better. I don't understand why Coach Brown played the slow down game with Gibson Co.? Even the radio guys were getting disgusted. The two tecnical fouls at the end of the game had to be an embarassment to the Dyersburg fans.

Anger problems...

Dburg is a one man show...when McLin was out due to foul trouble Dyersburg struggled bad

QUOTE(NO.1TROJAN @ Feb 13 2007 - 07:55 AM) 826369863[/snapback]

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones, in your case bricks. I know that it must be horrible for you guys living in the "SHADOW OF THE TROJAN" year after year never winning against us and having to see championship banner after championship banner go up alone with other championship hardware"

We might be a lot of things but we definitely are not cheaters and we do things with class, pride and we have the utmost respect for our opponents

Wow, I bet you feel bad. I mean there will be a gap in those championship banners that overcrowd your stadium. I guess they forgot about that class, pride, and respect for opponents tonight with those two technicals.

Would you like any ketchup with your crow?

QUOTE(lovethegame @ Feb 13 2007 - 05:00 PM) 826370524[/snapback]

Macnarry, DC and Dyersburg have always been rivals but I know they just started playing each other in football again probably 5 years ago after a lay off of like 40 years or more. They just started playing each other again in other sports as well and now that they are in districts together, it is even more intense.

No1Trojan, "putting up championship banner year after year", both the Dyersburg boys and girls have won a silver ball apiece since the beginning of the TSSAA. More than DC, but it ain't like yall are God's gift to athletics. I am guessing you play football for Dyersburg which does give you something to brag about, but still if you want to measure a school's talent by banner, what Counce did was not anything more special than what Ab Davis did in the 70s at DC(Gold ball and a silver ball).

Last thing about recruiting, yes it is bad at the high school level and outlawed in aspects by TSSAA. But to say that one school is more guilty than the other is ludacris. It is a competetive district and if a DC or D-burg coach told me they didn't try to recruit talent out of Jr. High, I would laugh.

First of all Good Luck Gibson County and even better luck Dyer County there are Trojans fans who root for you except when you are playing against us. I must admit sometimes you make it hard with your shady remarks especially when you DO NOT have your facts right..... Hopefully the DC Boys team will keep their focus because that is what I see as a potential problem but I am hoping you go far into the post season, because I am sure the rest of the world will hear about this for the next 50 years, base on some of your other comments which I addressed below..... just take it ONE game at a time....

Now to address some statements that perhaps DC Fans see as insulting or take a bit too personal......my dear mother always said that when you throw a rock in a pack of dogs they one you hit will holler..... DC I must have really hit some nerves... here is why I say that.....(Trainer) I do not recall anywhere in my email comparing tropies or championships that we had won competing against you..... in fact much of the championship hardware was won when we were 3A........ but the fact remains we won it competing in a group that were in the same caliber or class size, as us and was more competitive...... so like you said you were not competing with us for championships you were in a smaller class 2A but even then your teams were hardly ever competing with the other teams.... what I was speaking in terms of is consistency in your athletic programs from top to bottom... How many 'Best of the West' have you won..... Dyersburg has consistently been at a level in sports .... sportsmanship and etc..... near or at the top.... our teams year after year are always mention in preseason polls and polls throughout the season..... Teams fear us... they don't make us their yearly HOMECOMING GAME.... HOW MANY OF YOUR OPPONEST HOMECOMING SPECIALS HAVE YOU BEEN???????You also mention or someone did that in 2000 DHS had a school enrollment of 1500........ I have no idea where you came up with that but I have had children in high school for about 7 years and I do not recall enrollment ever being that high... maybe you have us confused with Munford, JCM or another 5 A school..... another error was as for SILVER BALLS we have 3 NOT 2, one the boys team claimed I guess in the early 90's (it was before I moved here) and the girls have won 2 (remember when we had Sherrell WArren) and the most recent one two years ago, as for the "Ya'll are God's gift to athletics ..... now be careful because NOW the Green eyed MONSTER is starting to show......Let the record speak... we may have NO Gold Balls.... but our teams are there.... in the boro competing....... the last 2 years.... alone we have been represented in track. Soccer, Basketball, and these are just the ones I keep up with and try to follow.... this can be attibuted to great coaching and youth leagues.... so I never said we were God Gift to Athletics... but let the record show the results speak for themselves..........

Finally I am sure you are proud of your rich tradition, and I admire it but when you start going back 30 yrs - 20 and even 10 then you are starting to sound just a little bit desperate..... I don't think anyone in their mind would think that if you brought one of the great 'Boston Celtics' NBA Championship teams from the past and put them against today's NBA it would be much of a contest.... why because the playing field is not the same....... the athletes today and the competition is far greater then it was 30 - 20 - 10 or even 5 years ago. Whatever what's his name did in the 70's at DC in no way can each touch Coach Counce.... again look at the consistency... the last 5 years alone his record is one of the best in the state. What your Coach Hopkins did in the 70's I had to do some research to find it.... oh by the way you had a championship basketball team around that time period, look like they won the state championship) ...... I can't believe you guys don't at least have one bill board up in rememberance of a State Championship...... now that is something DHS does not have....... all of your teams in that era were good but look at the competition... I saw where they were playing schools most of whom I never heard of.... Maury City High, Alamo, Crockett Mills, Medina.....even .... and I am sure that the population for a lot of those schools were as low as 200 to as much as 500........and DC was on the higher end of that scenario.......so you were probably beating people with far inferior facilities or athletes... but once you grew and were put with people who could competed .... what happen then? What I am trying to say is WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY........

In reference to DHS competing... we always compete.... we are far from being anyone's door mat.........and like I said.... We don't rebuild we reload..... so watch out District the TROJANS WILL BE BACK.

And finally your little slur about where I Need to keep my brains..... I am not the one who is misinterpreting things and spitting out facts that are incorrect, maybe you might want the doctor to up your dose of Alzheimers medication. What I have said are known facts and can be tracked. My advice was only that in your desperate attempt to belittle DHS with your weak sports history that you apply the rule "That if you have to back track more then 5 years...... to find a championship or in your case a "honorable mention" certificate.......I would say there was a problem and it certainly is not DHS