UC and Lake Co

middletondj

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826394848[/snapback]First let me say congratulations to Union City and Lake County on great seasons.

But you know what I cant help but think. Where are all the Union City fans now?

Everybody loves a winner but like I tell my kids you can tell alot more about a man's character after a loss.

Yeah..well, we can always count on you to get on here no matter if Greenfield loses or wins. Well, actually we don't know what you do when you win. Haha..I'm just messing with you.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826394848[/snapback]First let me say congratulations to Union City and Lake County on great seasons.

Everybody loves a winner but like I tell my kids you can tell alot more about a man's character after a loss.

Greenfield..I knew the U.C. fans were going to catch a lot of flack if they lost..That's why I didn't have Lake co penciled in..I've said I would like to play U.C. in the state but we were both a long way from there and I knew our own district ,particularily Humboldt ,could beat U.C. or Lake Co..I still believe our district is the toughest in the state and U.C. is still the best team,even though they won't be playing for the gold ball..U.C. just lost at the wrong time..If Humboldt plays like they did against U.C. they have a great chance..But..can they play that well..I know Sain and Epperson creates a presence in the inside but can Wade and company shoot like they did...I believe Humboldt has a great chance..It would probably take a team like U.C. ,with a lot of speed and a lot of shooters,hit from the outside to beat Humboldt ..If Humboldt loses,we'll hear that District 14 wasn't as strong as they thought..But..I'd be willing to guarantee any of the teams left would have several losses during the year in our district..I've said in all my posts that Cully,Temple and Grace etc must have excellent teams or they wouldn't be having the record and season they've had..It should be wide open now..I still believe U.C. is the best team in the State..just won't bring home the gold !Good luck to all the teams!

QUOTE(M-Town Baller @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:39 AM) 826394749[/snapback]sbl

BTW, nice of yall middleton fans to join us now that the gold ball is wide open besides Humboldt. Where were ya when life looked less rosy!!

The reason Middleton fans were not saying anything all year long is because The UC & LC were already crowned state champs!(Ha Ha) The main reason were are talking now is because we have already beat the next best team in the state according to you guys. That would be Humboldt. We beat them by 16 early in the year. Let the excuses flow I know you didn't have 2 players. The fact is everyone has a good chance from here on in to win the state title. Good luck to all teams left.

Nice try but I ain't buying what you are selling. You had no confidence in your team this year. Be man enough to admit that. If you had thought they were going places no one could have shut you up. Absent all year but now you want to talk trash. You have no credibility. Fair weather fans are useless. What do you call that bandwagon that you are on anyway. Climb back in your hole and hide like you have been all year. Support your team win or lose or not at all. Good luck to all teams left as well. What I have written is no reflection on any team including Middleton. It is an indictment of the Johnny come latelys who have appeared out of thin air since UC and LC lost. Did I mention that you have no credibility? If I did there it is again with emphasis. I am spellerone and I approve this message.

QUOTE(sbl0702 @ Mar 1 2007 - 07:07 AM) 826394673[/snapback]Humboldt played lights out and looked like the best in the state!!! UC did not play bad just not well enough to win. Lake County lost this game against Trenton the day they found out that UC and Humboldt were in the oppsite side of the Region bracket as they were. Almost everyone went ahead and punched theur ticket to the boro and then THEY FORGOT TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!

sbl

BTW, nice of yall middleton fans to join us now that the gold ball is wide open besides Humboldt. Where were ya when life looked less rosy!!

sbl

nice of us to join yall now..and we are just jumping on the bandwagon uhh? well i have been to every single game this year win or lose. and you say now that yall are out we start getting on here talking our team up..well i see no reason having to get on here to talk about your team because they don't read this petty little stuff anyway if we want to talk about our team and talk them up we talk to them! the only thing that people do on here is get stuff started and i am not one to reply to these messages but when you start talking about our team and our fans its not right. but yes we are still in this for the gold ball and if we get it or if we dont thats just fine.

QUOTE(spellerone @ Mar 1 2007 - 02:20 PM) 826395256[/snapback]Nice try but I ain't buying what you are selling. You had no confidence in your team this year. Be man enough to admit that. If you had thought they were going places no one could have shut you up. Absent all year but now you want to talk trash. You have no credibility. Fair weather fans are useless. What do you call that bandwagon that you are on anyway. Climb back in your hole and hide like you have been all year. Support your team win or lose or not at all. Good luck to all teams left as well. What I have written is no reflection on any team including Middleton. It is an indictment of the Johnny come latelys who have appeared out of thin air since UC and LC lost. Did I mention that you have no credibility? If I did there it is again with emphasis. I am spellerone and I approve this message.

We see what confidence gets you. It gets you a front row seat in the bleachers. Bandwagon people go to one or two games a year or only when they are winning. I have been to all but a few games this year. I have not got on here and said we would win the state championship this year. All I said is that I thought it was funny UC & LC lost because all the posts on here said no one had a chance but district 14A. I am not talking trash I am just laughing all the way to substate. Spellerone have a good night...(At Home) HaHa

QUOTE(mhstigers10 @ Mar 1 2007 - 02:48 PM) 826395308[/snapback]nice of us to join yall now..and we are just jumping on the bandwagon uhh? well i have been to every single game this year win or lose. and you say now that yall are out we start getting on here talking our team up..well i see no reason having to get on here to talk about your team because they don't read this petty little stuff anyway if we want to talk about our team and talk them up we talk to them! the only thing that people do on here is get stuff started and i am not one to reply to these messages but when you start talking about our team and our fans its not right. but yes we are still in this for the gold ball and if we get it or if we dont thats just fine.

Your not one to be reply to messages, but you've been a member for 30 minutes now....Haven't seen but maybe one middleton fan all year on here, but when Union City and Lake Co loses, and they actually have chances now....And now all of a sudden we see the whole crew come out....I miss when we couldn't get the M-town fans off here...That was some fun times......So I'm with most everybody else it's nice you've joined the fun now....This is what CoachT is all about....

Ohh and all the Union City fans are still here....I'm not really a fan, but have said they would win and wouldn't be challenged at State if they got there....Really not afraid to eat crow for them losing. After all my team was put out in the first round of the district /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Here is a response from a UC fan. We're still here reading what several idiots on here have to say. If UC basketball fans are arrogant, we have a reason to be. How many state championships have other boys teams in West Tn. won.

I believe it is 4 for UC; which most of you probably can't count that high. We can handle the bashing because we will

be back to do the bashing.

even though union city lost, they are still the best team in the state in single A...i dont care what anyone says...they are flat out the best team in single A...i said it back in november and december that union city would not shoot great behind the arc every game like they do in most games and that if they didn't shoot well from 3 point range against a good team like humboldt then they would either win by a small margin or get beat...humboldt DID lose to middleton earlier in the year...congratulations on posting that, but that was the very first game of the season..there have been around 30 games in between that game til now and we also didn't have our 2 football players, who are starters on the team, there to play against yall...not trying to make up excuses, just stating the facts

bigster...you are right about sain and epperson having a big presence down low...and you questioned if wade and company can shoot like they did that night...odell jackson has found his shot obviously since he led the team in scoring this past game against union city and has scored in double digits for the last 6 games...hunt has the midrange jumpshot down and has had it down throughout the season along with his ability to penetrate to the basket and lay it in or get fouled...charles taylor can make the 3, penetrate, and dribble well for a guy his size (6'5" sophomore)...but if their shots are not going down, then they will do what all great scorers do which is drive to the basket and score that way if they can not hit the outside jumper

QUOTE(frankieD12 @ Mar 1 2007 - 07:19 PM) 826395546[/snapback]even though union city lost, they are still the best team in the state in single A...i dont care what anyone says...they are flat out the best team in single A...i said it back in november and december that union city would not shoot great behind the arc every game like they do in most games and that if they didn't shoot well from 3 point range against a good team like humboldt then they would either win by a small margin or get beat...humboldt DID lose to middleton earlier in the year...congratulations on posting that, but that was the very first game of the season..there have been around 30 games in between that game til now and we also didn't have our 2 football players, who are starters on the team, there to play against yall...not trying to make up excuses, just stating the facts

bigster...you are right about sain and epperson having a big presence down low...and you questioned if wade and company can shoot like they did that night...odell jackson has found his shot obviously since he led the team in scoring this past game against union city and has scored in double digits for the last 6 games...hunt has the midrange jumpshot down and has had it down throughout the season along with his ability to penetrate to the basket and lay it in or get fouled...charles taylor can make the 3, penetrate, and dribble well for a guy his size (6'5" sophomore)...but if their shots are not going down, then they will do what all great scorers do which is drive to the basket and score that way if they can not hit the outside jumper

Very Good Post.....

Answer to the Original Question.....Union City and Lake Co...What happened???..

THEY LOST......PERIOD....

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Mar 1 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826394848[/snapback]First let me say congratulations to Union City and Lake County on great seasons.

Greenfieldfan..I made my piece on the thread I started way back some time ago.....Union City lost...What more is there to say??....All these people saying this junk about Union City are clueless.....There were two teams in the state of Tennessee in 1A basketball that could have beaten Union City on Tuesday night....TWO FOLKS....HUMBOLDT & LAKE COUNTY....Not Temple,nor Middleton and no other pretender...Union City played in TWO state tournaments..They won one and they lost one..The District 14A AND Region 7A Tournaments were state tournament quality.....If Humboldt will play the way they did against Union City,there is NO OTHER TEAM IN 1A THAT CAN TOUCH THEM!!!..The state tournament is the easy part.....