Humboldt vs. Wartburg

VikingFan9

Wartburg will run-and-gun with anyone. They might night be as good as Humboldt, but they won't change their style at this point.

Shannon is 6'6" and I know he's scored 30 or more in at least nine of their past 14 games. He hit 46 twice and 40 once during that stretch. What makes D.J. so dangerous is that he's a good 3-point shooter and he can also put back the garbage in the paint.

Winstead is 6'7" maybe 6'8" and is a true post. He's a good shot blocker and rebounder. He's not the focal point of a running offense, but he's capable of 20 points because of his size and soft touch around the basket.

Bunch is a quick point guard who can drive and also ht the three. Rogers and Nelson are scoring threats on the wings. Nelson is pretty good off the dribble while Rogers is pretty strong around the basket. Both are also above average three-point shooters.

Guys like Brown, Hamby, Kidd, Griffith bring a lot of energy

Wartburg's strength is they have so many scorers and they usually try to beat you in a high scoring game.

All that being said, this is Wartburg's first trip to Murfreesboro and this is East vs. West. Humboldt will be a solid double-digit favorite, but Wartburg is a dangerous team. Good luck Bulldogs.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CHS_Bulldogs @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826401559[/snapback]Who is Wartburg? Wartburg is a team that is excited to bring honor and pride in representing Wartburg, Morgan County, and East Tennessee in the state tournament. If I'm not mistaken, this is Wartburg's first trip ever to state. They have heart, play team ball, and are going to put up one heck of a fight come next Wednesday. That's who Wartburg is.

Sounds alot like Cloudland of last year except with a winning record.....Humboldt wins big

QUOTE(PTSportsWriter @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:24 AM) 826401690[/snapback]Humboldt should be very familiar with this type of foe....

Wartburg is similar to Cosby in their style of play.

If I was Wartburg, I'd have rebounding practice every chance, because they'll need it. Wartburg may have big men, but they may not be as big as what Humboldt will bring.

Humboldt by 15+ .... any East vs West game just isnt an even-match...

Guys im pulling for you big time, but you havent seen a team like this all year. we were in your exact shoes this time last year playin the same team you are. just have fun while it last and go down there and play the way you have all year!

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 6 2007 - 06:46 AM) 826401731[/snapback]Sounds alot like Cloudland of last year except with a winning record.....Humboldt wins big

Wow! That was no where to what could be considered a rational thought. Wartburg is absolutely nothing like Cloudland last year. Cloudland played like the slowest team in the state and played the fastest team in the state last year. Wartburg will run it, but can play half court also. They will pressure you to death in the full court or in the half court.Right now DJ Shannon may be the hottest player in the state. He is averging 35 points and 15 rebounds in his last 15 games.6'6" and can stroke it.

QUOTE(triathlete @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:21 AM) 826401848[/snapback]Wow! That was no where to what could be considered a rational thought. Wartburg is absolutely nothing like Cloudland last year. Cloudland played like the slowest team in the state and played the fastest team in the state last year. Wartburg will run it, but can play half court also. They will pressure you to death in the full court or in the half court.Right now DJ Shannon may be the hottest player in the state. He is averging 35 points and 15 rebounds in his last 15 games.6'6" and can stroke it.

Well . . . .good luck then /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Dj is scoring alot of points but thats what he does...he needs to start putting a little more effort into defense then he would be the complete ball player...good in the paint...dangerous from long range ... Wartburg will pressure you to death and they have the speed and depth to do it...winstead is a true post..i look for him to have alot of boards...and a few points..travis is takin the ball to the rim better and he still is a long range threat when hes on....caleb is a quick shooter that can drive in and force the foul or step back from the arc and still make basket....anthony rogers played a heck of a game the other night and i hope to see him do it agian....we have some power and speed off the bench aswell...josh kid jordan hamby and griffith are good players itll be a great game hopefully ..........ill give both teams a 7 point spread

Another point is that this is the first time ever for the boys to go to state...that could have some affect...and i dont think the dawgs will let the win over University go to their heads

I went and watched Class AA Dyer County and Booker T Washington in the sub-state last night, Humboldt most likely beats either of these teams by 7- 10 points, (Dyer Co. won by 2). Good Luck to you Wartburg, but I'll have to take Humboldt since they are the represenative from district 14A.

Humboldt needs to start off feeding Epperson and Sain..they got away from that early last nite, but they battled back and still won!! I was a lil worried in the beginning but the experiance prevailed...just win, score one more point than Wartburg, just win....I think Humboldt will dominate as long as the big boys is getting feed down there in the post.....

Another thing to take into concideration is the fact that this will be Humboldt's third strait trip to the state tournament. Last year in A and two years ago in AA. They are extremely atheletic. They're basically a AA team in A because there are 5 high schools in their county that's not that big. Before joining the A ranks they were in the same district that has produced the last 3 AA state champions and the runner up 3 years ago. They are quite capable of beating teams that play a running style, that of which they did against Union City in the reigon tournament. I could be mistaken but as usually is the case in A espically, when you get to the boro, you see a different class of athelete no matter classification or size. Just the same good luck to both of these teams.

I just want to wish my alma mater Wartburg all the luck in the world at the "big dance" and to say congratulations to Coach Lane and the boys from the Burg. I can only imagine what a thrill it would be to play in Murphy Center. So go out and play with heart and soul boys, which I know you will and savor every moment of this finest hour!!!