ensworth

Thanks for the explaining this. That is why I asked the question because I was not exactly sure of the rules. Great job.

As for this being an Ensworth post, you are correct. They will make some noise this year, however, I believe that Ricky and crew are about 2 years away from competing with the elite. They do not have the depth of the bigger schools, however, it is coming. He and his staff have done a wonderful job and it easy to get good athletes and students to Ensworth when you see their campus. It is beautiful.

Looking forward to the Ensworth/MBA game, which also happens to be MBA's Homecoming. It will be Homecoming for more than just the Big Red, it will be homecoming for Ricky and crew.

Good Luck!

I really wish MBA had scheduled somebody else for homecoming. Like most everybody else here, I think Ensworth is a year or two away from being the skunk at the garden party. But I also think that they are likely to bite somebody this year. Ricky is not going to need a team full of "football players", i.e., kids with college football in their futures. Once he gets enough "athletes" (kids with enough talent to play HS football, but nothing more, and enough toughness and discipline to play for him), an evening with Ensworth is going to be an unpleasant affair, and certainly nothing for the faint-hearted.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I have been telling everyone for three years now, just give Ricky & the Boyz five years after their class of 2008 and they will win a state championship. People this is going to get ugly very quickly & there is a school across the street from St. Cecilia that Ricky (the young ball coach) will try to defeat by a 50+ margin. Will the G-Man shake his hand both after the wins and defeats?

there is a lot of history between Bowers and G man that im not aware of but i know enough to know that there is some tension and im sure Coach Caudill, Coach Hyatt, Coach Whitfield, Coach Batten, did not help the drama when they came to EHS from MBA. i agree i think they will deffinately be on the winning side in a year or two.

This will be a homecoming like no other. Just think of all of the Ensworth people who were MBA backers until the high school opened. I am sure there are many that do not have any anomisity towards each other, however, you might want to bring a knife because you will be able to cut it with a knife.

Should be a great night all around. I just hope MBA will have enough spaghetti to feed everybody that night. This could be their biggest crowd there in years.

G-man....enough said.

Of the three kids who "moved" from Ensworth to Hillsboro . . . as has already been stated . . . two had some financial issues, and one had grade issues. The one with grade issues may still have them, and that is why he is not playing yet for Hillsboro. The other two can play because they have no grade issues. There is no conspiracy. All three are truly great kids and they still have many friends there. My child will attend the second half of the Hillsboro/MBA game to see her friends. Ensworth loves athletes as does any competitive school, but they have integrity, too . . . just ask Brentwood High who won a boys state track title this past year with a young man who left EHS (enough said). All private schools "recruit" in amanner of speaking . . . they ahve to because they have no automatic draw froma geographic area, like public schools. So they hold open houses, ihave formal introductions at other private middle schools, hold summer sports camps. And, if someone is a good athlete, and can hack it academically, that's wonderful foir the kid and the school. And, as for academics, none of the kids get a free pass.

This will be a homecoming like no other. Just think of all of the Ensworth people who were MBA backers until the high school opened. I am sure there are many that do not have any anomisity towards each other, however, you might want to bring a knife because you will be able to cut it with a knife.

Should be a great night all around. I just hope MBA will have enough spaghetti to feed everybody that night. This could be their biggest crowd there in years.

G-man....enough said.

Yes, please everyone attend the pre game spaghetti dinner because if they have any sauce leftover the G-Man will place it in a mason jar and give it to the teachers for their Christimas gift. Like the teachers wanted two month old and leftover spaghetti sauce.

Is the TSSAA a goverment agency? Just wait till we get "universal health care".

No one but the families and the school(s) have all the info. . . . however, I beleive it is quite plausible that a kid would be allowed to play if they have the grades, and just had a finance issue at the other school versus someone who cannot make grades, and is not allowed to play. Those are reasonable rules, and -if that is the case- quite fair, and no one is being picked on.

It's a large piece on granite located outside Atlanta, Ga. Three famous Confederate's (Stonewall Jackson, R.E.Lee and Jefferson Davis) are carved on the side. During the summer months they put on one great laser.

Brumfield i believe they were talking about Stone Memorial...

8/31/2007 vs. Christ Presbyterian Academy HOME

9/7/2007 vs. St. Benedict AWAY

9/14/2007 vs. Stone Mountain HOME

9/21/2007 vs. Knoxville Webb School AWAY

9/28/2007 vs. McCallie HOME

10/5/2007 vs. Montgomery Bell Academy AWAY

10/12/2007 vs. Pope John Paul II HS AWAY

10/19/2007 vs. Father Ryan HOME

10/26/2007 vs. Warren County High School AWAY

11/2/2007 vs. Battle Ground Academy HOME

I think Jefferson is their offense. RB/QB Isn't he a senior?

no they have multiple weapons, with Orleans Opoku- Darkwa, a sophmore who is just as good if not better than Tavarres, but they have Rodney Anderson and big time depth in the WR core, all of them could be the stand out player any game, all have talent...

he is a junior