ensworth

Who are the guys unlikely to play for EHS this year? Who transfered to Hillsboro (I think they are going to be very strong this year)?

Also, which games are at home and which are away? Did Stone Memorial replace Independence on the schedule? Isn't that the new high school in Crossville? From what I've seen and heard, I think 7-3 is realistic for this team. Ricky will have them ready.

---Nat Thomas and Kerry Oakley

---Matt Arent, Marvin Hughes, and Jared and Cody Blihovde (I think)

---BigHurt's post gives the home and away games

--- I think Stone Memorial is in Cookeville. Not sure. I really don't know much about them, so I may be underestimating them.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--- I think Stone Memorial is in Cookeville. Not sure. I really don't know much about them, so I may be underestimating them.

Stone Memorial is in Crossville.

Why did those guys transfer? Wasn't Arent the QB? Were they all projected as starters?

2007 will be Stone Memorial's second year in existence. Does anyone know if they will have just freshmen and sophmores or will they have kids in each grade level. If the later is the case, I assume they were given the choice to transfer over from Cumberland County HS.

Why did those guys transfer? Wasn't Arent the QB? Were they all projected as starters?

2007 will be Stone Memorial's second year in existence. Does anyone know if they will have just freshmen and sophmores or will they have kids in each grade level. If the later is the case, I assume they were given the choice to transfer over from Cumberland County HS.

Various reasons--- none of which says anything bad about the school, and a couple of cases which directly counter your assertions in earlier posts about Ensworth bending the rules for athletes.

Matt Arent started for Ensworth as a 10th grader, and was Hillsboro's starter last year, throwing for 2400 yards. Marvin Hughes and the older Blihovde kid started for Ensworth last year, and I would expect them to contend for spots at Hillsboro. If Marvin Hughes doesn't start at LB for the Burros, whoever beats him out is a player. Jared Blihovde is a fine athlete and a good receiver. I think he'll fit nicely in Hillsboro's run & gun offense. Cody Blihovde will be a 10th grader--- a good athlete, but maybe a little young to start for a team as strong as Hillsboro. All good kids and I wish them well.

Various reasons--- none of which says anything bad about the school, and a couple of cases which directly counter your assertions in earlier posts about Ensworth bending the rules for athletes.

Matt Arent started for Ensworth as a 10th grader, and was Hillsboro's starter last year, throwing for 2400 yards. Marvin Hughes and the older Blihovde kid started for Ensworth last year, and I would expect them to contend for spots at Hillsboro. If Marvin Hughes doesn't start at LB for the Burros, whoever beats him out is a player. Jared Blihovde is a fine athlete and a good receiver. I think he'll fit nicely in Hillsboro's run & gun offense. Cody Blihovde will be a 10th grader--- a good athlete, but maybe a little young to start for a team as strong as Hillsboro. All good kids and I wish them well.

How did Arent play for Ensworth as a 10 grader and transfer to Hillsboro and start as a junior? Do you not have to sit one year if you transfer?

How did Arent play for Ensworth as a 10 grader and transfer to Hillsboro and start as a junior? Do you not have to sit one year if you transfer?

He actually transferred to MLK, which doesn't have a football team, and got permission to play at Hillsboro, with the transfer rule waived. I'm not sure of the basis for that waiver, but the TSSAA concluded that it was a fair thing to be allow him to do. Would they have been so accomodating if he had been transferring from MLK or Hillsboro to Ensworth, MBA or, God forbid, BA? I don't know, but I wouldn't be willing to bet much money on it. Its worked out very well for him--- he had a much higher profile junior year at Hillsboro than he he would have at Ensworth--- and he took full advantage of the opportunity, he lit it up for 14 games, until they ran into Maryville. He's at a great school at MLK. He's a fine athlete, an amazingly hard worker, a great (really great) student and a good kid. I wish him nothing but the best.

I was just curious as to why they transfered...jeez!

If Arent was at MLK, who was the QB for Ensworth last year?

I was just curious as to why they transfered...jeez!

If Arent was at MLK, who was the QB for Ensworth last year?

I was just gigging you back a little bit--- didn't intend to offend

Harrison Ballard started at QB for Ensworth last year and will likely start this year. He did a fine job. He's a good passer, although he doesn't have Arent's arm strength. He's probably a little bit better than Matt as a runner--- made some nice plays on the option. Solid player, not likely to get you beat. Tavarres also played a little QB-- running the option and running out the shotgun. A good change of pace, but I thought he was more effective running from the TB position.

• 2 weeks later...

Who are the guys unlikely to play for EHS this year? Who transfered to Hillsboro (I think they are going to be very strong this year)?

Also, which games are at home and which are away? Did Stone Memorial replace Independence on the schedule? Isn't that the new high school in Crossville? From what I've seen and heard, I think 7-3 is realistic for this team. Ricky will have them ready.

Ricky Bowers is a coward. Instead of giving your players a chance to play against a solid 5A team and gain experience, he opts to play a brand new school out of Crossville for basically a guaranteed win.

There's no other word for that, in my opinion. In fact, I feel like he's always tried to pad the schedule as much as is possible. I remember when they played Indy in 04, he had Smith change the game from 12 minute quarters to 8 minute quarters. They weren't great, but a move like that basically tells your team that they're beaten before they even take the field.

Ricky Bowers is a coward. Instead of giving your players a chance to play against a solid 5A team and gain experience, he opts to play a brand new school out of Crossville for basically a guaranteed win.

There's no other word for that, in my opinion. In fact, I feel like he's always tried to pad the schedule as much as is possible. I remember when they played Indy in 04, he had Smith change the game from 12 minute quarters to 8 minute quarters. They weren't great, but a move like that basically tells your team that they're beaten before they even take the field.

Your post is both offensive and wrong. He has a fairly tough schedule for a team with no seniors. The defending state champions in his division, a Ryan program that seems to be on the rise, and MBA in an away game strikes me as a decent schedule. Nobody on that schedule really strikes me as "Cupcake Central".

An no one who had the privilige of playing football with (or the misfortune to play against) Ricky Bowers would ever countenance his being called a coward.

I was just gigging you back a little bit--- didn't intend to offend

Harrison Ballard started at QB for Ensworth last year and will likely start this year. He did a fine job. He's a good passer, although he doesn't have Arent's arm strength. He's probably a little bit better than Matt as a runner--- made some nice plays on the option. Solid player, not likely to get you beat. Tavarres also played a little QB-- running the option and running out the shotgun. A good change of pace, but I thought he was more effective running from the TB position.

In the past Coach Bowers has scheduled the following:

Pearl Cohn (with John Henderson and off back to back state championships)

Oakland (Coming off of 5A state championship)

Bolles School (Sent 15 players DI off of last team MBA played)

Dobbyns Bennet

Trinity HS

Southaven, MS

The guy is definitely not scared of competition.

The new recruiting guru is Blades from Hillsboro..............Ensworth will get a few, but they will lose a few. Kids must understand if they attend Ensworth and don't maintain a certain gpa, they will be out of there headed back to metro and lose a yr of eligibility. Meanwhile Hillsboro has found a way to get some of JFK's finest athletes the last two yrs. They also got Wright Middle Schools best athlete from last yr. That spread offense will be one fine oiled machine for years to come. I used to be big about privates getting the kids from Metro, but now there is a LOT of strange things happening within METRO. Kids are not ending up at their feeder High Schools.

Then there are those that don't go to the private schools or some cross town school. Maplewood has a rising sophomore Defensive Lineman (24 ACT score) who will be on every D1 school's radar. Its amazing he didn't end up at a private school.