Region 3-4A

Soloman.

I gotta go with Maryville, West, Central, and Halls in that order for many of the reasons that CRhea500 posted above. The only additional comment I would have is that Jack Wager moving to West from Fulton along with Joe Ayers (if true) from Webb could really boost West this yr. Wagner @ WR really creates a problem for folks w/Easterly on the other side, and Ayers @ LB or DE along with Will Coley (DE/LB, and very underated), Jack Hutchison (LB) make them tough. West's O will be able to score quickly IMO, and their D could be very stout up the middle with Whaley @ NG/DT, Ayers @ MLB, and Wagner @ SS.

REBELRON is not going to like this; however, Fulton might have had a real shot against Maryville last yr, but only if the game were played early in the season, and with Wagner and Freeney in the line-up. Maryville improved more than Fulton as the season went on. Alcoa will roll this yr. with Cobb/Sommer/Thompson, etc. I just don't see anyone in 2A knocking them out. They have some real talent in the 2010 class. I too think AE is going to be tough. Need to replace Troutman/Anderson, but Kenny Jones should lead, and Graham with some new staff including Jarvis Redo could carry the torch. Having said that about AE, out of all the teams I saw scrimmage this spring, Catholic impressed the most. So I tend to think that 2A-Alcoa, 3A-winner of 2-3A, and 4A-Mville all come back to that 20 mile radius.

ruse?

Only thing I disagree with is that it will be the runner up up 2-3A, not the winner. Somebody always seems to get revenge in mid-November.

I also agree that Fulton would have given Maryville all they wanted last year. I think Maryville would have come out on top, but it would have been a TD or less game, especially with those two mentioned in Fulton's lineup. I thought Freeney was a better all around player than Rogan, he just didn't have the head to get major college after him.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REBELRON is not going to like this; however, Fulton might have had a real shot against Maryville last yr, but only if the game were played early in the season, and with Wagner and Freeney in the line-up. Maryville improved more than Fulton as the season went on. Alcoa will roll this yr. with Cobb/Sommer/Thompson, etc. I just don't see anyone in 2A knocking them out. They have some real talent in the 2010 class. I too think AE is going to be tough. Need to replace Troutman/Anderson, but Kenny Jones should lead, and Graham with some new staff including Jarvis Redo could carry the torch. Having said that about AE, out of all the teams I saw scrimmage this spring, Catholic impressed the most. So I tend to think that 2A-Alcoa, 3A-winner of 2-3A, and 4A-Mville all come back to that 20 mile radius.

ruse?

Fulton would have had a great shot at the 1st of the year. In matter of fact they probably would have won. Maryville didn't have Adrian Tank Baker the 1st few games. He made all the difference in the world in the running game. When he started playing against Heritage you could see a big difference. At the end of 2006 Maryville was playing well. I still think the 2005 team was the best overall team Quarles has coached. They never trailed. The 2002 team was really the best team but injuries slowed that team down. They still went 15-0 in 2002. Had that 2002 stayed healthy they would have been by far the best Maryville team ever and one of the best I have seen.

Only thing I disagree with is that it will be the runner up up 2-3A, not the winner. Somebody always seems to get revenge in mid-November.

I also agree that Fulton would have given Maryville all they wanted last year. I think Maryville would have come out on top, but it would have been a TD or less game, especially with those two mentioned in Fulton's lineup. I thought Freeney was a better all around player than Rogan, he just didn't have the head to get major college after him.

Yes Sir, that revenge factor is big in that region whether AE, Fulton, Catholic, or LA in 05

ruse?

Fulton would have had a great shot at the 1st of the year. In matter of fact they probably would have won. Maryville didn't have Adrian Tank Baker the 1st few games. He made all the difference in the world in the running game. When he started playing against Heritage you could see a big difference. At the end of 2006 Maryville was playing well. I still think the 2005 team was the best overall team Quarles has coached. They never trailed. The 2002 team was really the best team but injuries slowed that team down. They still went 15-0 in 2002. Had that 2002 stayed healthy they would have been by far the best Maryville team ever and one of the best I have seen.

Yeah, I forgot about Baker being hurt. Good point.

ruse? the "special" talent from Alcoa I believe, will be in the 2011 class.

STARS.

Are you suggesting there may be more talent in the rising FROSH than the rising SOPH class? Not picking, just thinking something along the lines of the 05 team that had a LOT of talent throughout (Warren, Fiegler, White, Hicks, Sykes Lindsey, Lanxter, Sommer, Cobb).

ruse?

Are there gonna be any sophmores that are gonna contribute to teams this year i know west has Tanner Thompson looking at good minutes at RB, Dylan Baylosis is the backup to Wagner at FS, Charlie Kolinsky will start at center, and Stephen Gyebison will get good minutes at corner. How about the rest of the sophs in the region

Are there gonna be any sophmores that are gonna contribute to teams this year i know west has Tanner Thompson looking at good minutes at RB, Dylan Baylosis is the backup to Wagner at FS, Charlie Kolinsky will start at center, and Stephen Gyebison will get good minutes at corner. How about the rest of the sophs in the region

Look for Sophomore Garret Gresham to Contriubte a ton at WR this year for Halls.