Region 3-4A

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central seems to be on top of things with defense & skills position (Styles, J. Wilson, C. Wilson, Jarvis, Bridges, McMillan C. & W., Hanson, Xiques) to name a few, but how will line play be this year and will the offense have time. Anyone know about or can comment with first hand knowledge on the O-Line at Central.

D Line will be strong but backers might be a problem, except when Jamie Wilson, Styles and Hoge are in together. I wouldnt count Chris Wilson in that group the kid doesnt like to hit but he is a capable coverage backer.

I'm not sure what your smokin "pigskinrules" on what do base your tastless comment. I have seen the kid play and I saw him play last year with a torn hamstring against West and he shoved the lead blocker back 5 yards and tackled the runner for a 5 yard loss on a 4th &1, I also seen him bury Sterling(Farragut) in the dirt last year.. C. Wilson is plenty tough at 6'-208 he can go toe to toe with anyone. I don't see Jaime playing that much D with Saah hurt he will have plenty of action carrying the ball. Calling out a single player like that sounds like he may have burried you in the dirt a time or two.

Pig, do you get to missing me sometimes?

The Rebs will be overqualified to take Region 3, yet again. Their strong at every position but LB and RB. Those gaps will be filled by Week 1 though. Brent Burnette might break some of Cade Thompsons single season marks. The West Rebs have great skill position players, but are struggling along the line. Powell will really struggle in 2007. They graduated too much talent. Central will always be their characteristically strong self...just good enough for 2nd. SD might be the most improved team in 07, but that only means a 5th place finish, at best. Halls is a bit of an enigma right now. The QB had left the tema, last I heard and wil be replaced by an underclassman. They had planned a spread attack, but who knows now. Clinton has some depth and talent this year, but a few of the upperclassmen didnt think practice and team unity should be mandantory, so they bolted.

That's it kids. Should finish something like this:

Maryville

Central

West

Halls

Powell

South Doyle

Clinton

Lenoir City

As mapperman would say, regards to the board.

D Line will be strong but backers might be a problem, except when Jamie Wilson, Styles and Hoge are in together. I wouldnt count Chris Wilson in that group the kid doesnt like to hit but he is a capable coverage backer.

PigSkinRules.

Classless post.

ruse?

From talking to a Maryville parent. Maryville kids are working real hard.

Brent Burnett is 6'3 220lbs

Aaron Douglas is 6'7 260lbs

Todd Hollingsworth is up to 240lbs. He will be a beast. He was so quick last year. I hope with the added bulk he still maintains his quickness.

Justin Smith is up to 250lbs.

Marcus Englehardt is up to 250lbs plus.

Maryville will have their largest defensive line since 1998.

Everything is set except linebackers. If the linebackers step up Maryville will be a great team this year.

Pig, do you get to missing me sometimes?

The Rebs will be overqualified to take Region 3, yet again. Their strong at every position but LB and RB. Those gaps will be filled by Week 1 though. Brent Burnette might break some of Cade Thompsons single season marks. The West Rebs have great skill position players, but are struggling along the line. Powell will really struggle in 2007. They graduated too much talent. Central will always be their characteristically strong self...just good enough for 2nd. SD might be the most improved team in 07, but that only means a 5th place finish, at best. Halls is a bit of an enigma right now. The QB had left the tema, last I heard and wil be replaced by an underclassman. They had planned a spread attack, but who knows now. Clinton has some depth and talent this year, but a few of the upperclassmen didnt think practice and team unity should be mandantory, so they bolted.

That's it kids. Should finish something like this:

Maryville

Central

West

Halls

Powell

South Doyle

Clinton

Lenoir City

As mapperman would say, regards to the board.

I dont think West line is as bad as people say it is. Allan Whaley is the standout with kolinsky and fox being solid and with the addition of Joe Ayres, West's line will be solid. and how can you put central in front of West when west thumped them last year? What do they have this year they didnt last