SHAWN WIITEN WILL BE NEW ELIZABETHTON COACH

madman101

Hey, good things are happening for the Cyclones. Two excellant coaches and dead weight out of the way.As always, I'll stand behind the boys and I'll be back for a couple of games. Look me up. You know I love the Cyclones just as P does. He misses the action but had fun at his new school today. You all take care and try to be positive. We'll see how it goes very soon. Good luck!

All I can say is thank god some of those coaches in the stands are gone from last year. Of course I don't know how we will ever make it without the heisman candidate back there at qb. GLee needs to stay in kentucky and keep his mouth there too. If that kid on the backside is who i think you are talking about there must be some reason he is listed as one of the top players in the state, I don't think its because his daddy gets on here whinning every week like a couple i can think of. If your kid isn't on the team why would you sit here and put down others, obviously you must be jealous.

Anderson is three or four times the leader of the infamous P Smith. The Cyclones will be just fine.

we will see a big difference this year i look for some surprises along the way with winning some games we shouldnt or be expected to win. T-20 days till 2 adays start! buckleup folks its going to be a wild ride

And yes, Wes Anderson is a great leader and QB. He is even a better person. Like I told him, "Once a 'Dog, alway a 'Dog". Wes is a 'Dog and has been to battle with me and the rest of the Riverdogs. I love him and his family and stand ready to cheer him and the boys on to success. Trully, good luck and I'll have an eye out on the Cyclones. Can't wait to see them.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange world. Tear up two programs and get two of the schools biggest raises. Now it did get the school two good coaches and what a difference that would have made last season for basketball & football. Witten would have cleared the halls and the sidelines would have been full. Same with Street. Some good coaching and having players that would not play last season and maybe, just maybe last years numbers would have been turned around for both programs. The way I see it is it all lays on Pless & Wilson but you now have to give them some credit for the hires. You guys are downing Smith for football last year but he put it on the line last year and somebody needed to stand up for the boy. Cut him some slack cause last season dang sure was not his fault. He was lucky to get out alive. Basketball was even a bigger joke but there was some players. What do you all think?

All I can say is thank god some of those coaches in the stands are gone from last year. Of course I don't know how we will ever make it without the heisman candidate back there at qb. GLee needs to stay in kentucky and keep his mouth there too. If that kid on the backside is who i think you are talking about there must be some reason he is listed as one of the top players in the state, I don't think its because his daddy gets on here whinning every week like a couple i can think of. If your kid isn't on the team why would you sit here and put down others, obviously you must be jealous.

You Cowtowners just can't quit. Cowtown is a better place because of people like Gary who spent years doing for your children while most of you sat in the shade on the sidelines where you belonged. He grew several young boys into men. I have to applaud him and others in your community who have given time as well as money. He went far above his call to duty for Elizabethton. As far as Preston goes, he put his butt on the line every Friday night and did everything he could for an underachieving team. They are both class acts and neither needs defending, but enough is enough and if anyone ever deserved the right to complain a bit, it was those two. Preston certainly didn't let Cowtown down. It was the other way around. Hats off to them both and we'll see you guys real soon!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! I don’t know of anyone on here that stood by Betsy more throughout the last few “not so glory” years in Elizabethton then GLEE. You must be some player or parent of a player who has seen Preston’s backside all your or your sons football career. Am I close ?? Look in the mirror and tell me if I’m right. And as far as “some of the coaches in the stands from last year being gone” …if you were smart you would have campaigned to send that crew you had on the sidelines last year up to the stands and put Glee in their place. You would have at the very least beat Unicoi. By the way…who is this kid “listed as one of the top players in the state” and more importantly, where was he last year, or maybe the year before that?? I hate to be the one to break this to you, but YOU seem to be the jealous one here! We all saw the games last year and in my opinion Preston was the only bleep on the map in cow-town last year.

I know you don’t condone this kind of a response Glee, but as long as I have been posting on here you have stuck by and supported your team threw thick and thin more so than ANYBODY. And you don’t deserve to be trashed like these CLOWNS are trying to do.

Anderson is three or four times the leader of the infamous P Smith. The Cyclones will be just fine.

We will see…and this year you can’t blame it on the coach, so go ahead and get your excuses ready.

And yes I will pull this post out again toward the end of the season as a reminder.

Glee, good job by taking your other comment off the board and quoting everyone else so you could look like the Good Shepherd. Baseball Nutski (Jeff ) just keep on working more with your E Twins or your Hilltoppers making them a better team. Coach Witten will know how to handle this years football team and he want need any help from the stands.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! I don’t know of anyone on here that stood by Betsy more throughout the last few “not so glory” years in Elizabethton then GLEE. You must be some player or parent of a player who has seen Preston’s backside all your or your sons football career. Am I close ?? Look in the mirror and tell me if I’m right. And as far as “some of the coaches in the stands from last year being gone” …if you were smart you would have campaigned to send that crew you had on the sidelines last year up to the stands and put Glee in their place. You would have at the very least beat Unicoi. By the way…who is this kid “listed as one of the top players in the state” and more importantly, where was he last year, or maybe the year before that?? I hate to be the one to break this to you, but YOU seem to be the jealous one here! We all saw the games last year and in my opinion Preston was the only bleep on the map in cow-town last year.

I know you don’t condone this kind of a response Glee, but as long as I have been posting on here you have stuck by and supported your team threw thick and thin more so than ANYBODY. And you don’t deserve to be trashed like these CLOWNS are trying to do.

Come on, Cap1. Don't take a dig at Unicoi while defending GLee! We earned that one as much as they deserved to lose it haha. In all seriousness, I was impressed with Smith's ability to make something out of nothing (we enjoyed a similar quarterback all season long) and with the class/insightfulness of nearly every one of Glee's posts. I hope you stay active on the boards.

I think by the beginning of the season Coach Witten will know where to put his personnel. He will know by then who can play and what position to put them in. He doesnt need any of the 2006 armchair coachs to tell him how to run things. You all need to move on. This team will be just fine without you.

beleive me Coach Witten and Coach Ogg does bout everything

You know, some of the comments on here make me wonder who's side you guys are on. A Cyclone is always a Cyclone. Period. Its okay to make constructive comments and suggestions, but never appropriate to put down those that have worn the orange and black in the heat of battle. These are high school student athletes. There is new leadership on the sidelines for the Clones. Let them lead. Cyclone Fan says quit bickering cyclone fans. Look forward not backward.

Glee is as orange/black as they come.

Come on, Cap1. Don't take a dig at Unicoi while defending GLee! We earned that one as much as they deserved to lose it haha. In all seriousness, I was impressed with Smith's ability to make something out of nothing (we enjoyed a similar quarterback all season long) and with the class/insightfulness of nearly every one of Glee's posts. I hope you stay active on the boards.

Sorry HustleWillWin… It just disgusts me to here the disrespectful badmouthing of two individuals that in my opinion never abandoned the ship…even as it was sinking before our eyes. Preston put in good work for Betsy town, and Glee always had encouraging words for the Cyclones before every game on here.

I don’t know much about Unicoi’s team…but I do know that I am very impressed with the support they receive from their fans and community. Despite the lopsided performance in the 06’ game with THS, I didn’t see one person leave the game early. They cheered their team on to the very end despite the score. I think this loyalty was rewarded as we all watched Unicoi’s exciting and suspenseful finish to the 06’ season. I have no doubt that will carry on into this season. By the way…the game in 06’ was so packed we had to park 4 blocks away. I had to listen to the first part of the game on the radio while walking to the stadium.

Monday= 8 to 11 condtioning/drills/skulling session/lifting

Tuesday=8 to 11 condtioning/drills/skulling session/lifting

Wed. Mini Camp

Thurs=Mini Camp

Fri=Mini Camp/Friday Night Lights at stadium(cookout,and just some 7 on 7 prob)

Tuesday ,7 on 7 at Hampton, teams will be Madison ,NC, Avery Co NC Hampton and Betsy.