Alcoa vs. Maryville 2007

"COA" Man

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last several years Maryville seems to play better at Alcoa. All the Maryville/Alcoa games at Alcoa have been butt kickings by Maryville since 1995. I think Alcoa will still be good but Maryville beats them pretty handily. Alcoa lost way too much on defense to slow Maryville down. Bart Hicks is their biggest loss.Maryville will be really strong this year. They will be better up front this year.

Over the last several years Maryville seems to play better at Alcoa. All the Maryville/Alcoa games at Alcoa have been butt kickings by Maryville since 1995. I think Alcoa will still be good but Maryville beats them pretty handily. Alcoa lost way too much on defense to slow Maryville down. Bart Hicks is their biggest loss.Maryville will be really strong this year. They will be better up front this year.

Ron I agree. It won't be Alcoa's year. Too many losses up front. Alcoa is changing their offensive scheme though to suit Cobb's athletism i.e. shotgun, one-back, etc. This is the system Rankin ran the last couple of years at Riverdale with Dave Thomas. Not enough up front at this time though, I agree. Should still be okay in 2a though.

Ron I agree. It won't be Alcoa's year. Too many losses up front. Alcoa is changing their offensive scheme though to suit Cobb's athletism i.e. shotgun, one-back, etc. This is the system Rankin ran the last couple of years at Riverdale with Dave Thomas. Not enough up front at this time though, I agree. Should still be okay in 2a though.

Darn 89..........I completely agree with your assessment. With Rankin at the helm Alcoa will play up though.

This is a post to REBELRON. Yes the past couple of years the games at Alcoa have been butt kickings, but thay have something now that they haven't had since 1995. A LITTLE DICIPLINE!!! Reed obviously never taught his team that, and all the other coaches have been off and on about good dicipline. I'm not saying Alcoa is gonna win, I just saying Maryville won't steamroll us like in 2005.

What does the talent look like for the upcoming Maryville classes, like the upcoming 8th, 9th, and 10th graders?

What does the talent look like for the upcoming Maryville classes, like the upcoming 8th, 9th, and 10th graders?

Like always...........poor. Maryville doesn't have a chance if talent is the what it takes. Now if it takes coaching, dedication, hard work, and chemistry them maybe those Maryville boys will win a game or two.

This is a post to REBELRON. Yes the past couple of years the games at Alcoa have been butt kickings, but thay have something now that they haven't had since 1995. A LITTLE DICIPLINE!!! Reed obviously never taught his team that, and all the other coaches have been off and on about good dicipline. I'm not saying Alcoa is gonna win, I just saying Maryville won't steamroll us like in 2005.

10th No skill position players really. Alot of big lineman that could be good but have horrible work ethic but starting to show a little improvement on that.

9th Not looking good so far but ill wait on the season to judge any further

8th Looking like one of the better classes to come through Maryville. Alot of them started last year as 7th graders. Some of the ones to remember out of this grade are Jacob West, Joseph Watson, Brandon Guy Nathan Miranda, and there are others but i cant think of their names