1a top teams

No offense (pun intended) but last years 1A football game was the most boring Game ever in the STATE championship games!!!! Lets just hope that this years 1A championship will bring more excitement...

No matter who it is ...

Exactly, if JCS would have played like that the week before MP would have been in the boro. However, JCS was clicking on all cylinders in the semi and MP couldnt even stay close the scond half. MP is right now the favorite out of the west and hopefully will get a chance to play the almighty 4th region and their greatest defensive teams in the state. It will be nice to see MP as the underdog. Could you imagine MP playing like a crazed cornered dog that has no chance to live. WHOOOOOO is it football time yet in the Jungle?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Friendship Christian 12 : On paper they should be ranked here; could be their year

2 Trousdale Co. 11 : Always gonna be in top 2-3 b/c they are always good w/ good track record

3 Mt. Pleasant 0 : Maybe the best athletes in 1A year in year out; if they get by JB they could win it all

4 Gordonsville 0 : Dont know much about them

5 South Pittsburg 0 : Dont know much about them

6 Jo Byrns 0 : Great coaching/system; now probably most athletic they have ever been. Could be the year to win it all provided they beat MP

7 Hampton 0 : Tough team but have trouble against more athletic teams in the play-offs

8 Union City 0 : Usually good athletes just not always consistent

9 McKenzie 0 : Do well until they play the top tier teams in the play-offs

10 Trinity Christian 0 : : Dont know much about them

You knowThe more I think about , it is hard to repeat T.C. would have to be the team to beat. MT.P I don't think Marco can go it alone. Gordsville is gordonsville, S.P. I don't know if there is enought talent. Hampton has a soft region, but man what a oline. so I like Trousdale!!!!!!

I think it'll come down to Trousdale County and Mt. Pleasant, which should be a heck of a game.

The thing I find interesting is that no Region 2 teams are in the top ten. While I believe the region, as a whole, is down a bit... they're still not a region to sneeze at. I'd look at Midway and Coalfield as the dark horse sleepers in that region. Both are proud programs that can give 85 to 90 percent of the teams in 1-A fits.

I think it'll come down to Trousdale County and Mt. Pleasant, which should be a heck of a game.

The thing I find interesting is that no Region 2 teams are in the top ten. While I believe the region, as a whole, is down a bit... they're still not a region to sneeze at. I'd look at Midway and Coalfield as the dark horse sleepers in that region. Both are proud programs that can give 85 to 90 percent of the teams in 1-A fits.

Trousdale County will be down from last year.

They didn't lose many players, but it was their best players, and I heard their starting QB will be out for a while.

However, next year, Trousdale will be very tough.

Mt. Pleasant will represent from the West, and the East will come down to South Pitt, Gordonsville, and Friendship.

Its a long hard road to game to 15, too many things can happen between now and then. There is alot of parity in 1a anymore and there are several teams that could win it all. I wouldn't put my money on anybody. After a few games, things will get a little clearer, but a key injury could change any team. Nearly all 1a schools have a few players that they just couldn't afford to lose.

Exactly, if JCS would have played like that the week before MP would have been in the boro. However, JCS was clicking on all cylinders in the semi and MP couldnt even stay close the scond half. MP is right now the favorite out of the west and hopefully will get a chance to play the almighty 4th region and their greatest defensive teams in the state. It will be nice to see MP as the underdog. Could you imagine MP playing like a crazed cornered dog that has no chance to live. WHOOOOOO is it football time yet in the Jungle?

Yep...that's right "if JCS would've played like that" ....WHAT?......could it possibly have had anything to do with FCS being a good team?

Just because there were two pretty good defenses out there doesn't make it a boring game. I guess if your dogs are in the kennel it would be boring to watch the dog races.

With MP the "favorite out of the west" I guess all you other guys should just hang it up.

As far as Region 4 defenses go..........they'll speak for themselves.....but thanks for the compliment....as sarcastic as it was.

DTRUTH likes the EAST