Who will win the 1A state championship?

timbdp

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may have been said on here but, as far as news publications, MP wasn't ranked but 8 until they beat Forrest in the 1st round of the playoffs. Then when JB was ranked #1 for that week or so and we met them the talk was the winner would go to the state. Heck we had no respect until after the second round of playoffs was over. Fair wouldn't even comment on region 6 games until we beat JB. He didn't even know who Marco was, before the first round of the playoffs, and he was leading the state in rushing. All that is history and this is a new and challenging year. Good Luck.

When is a top ten ranking no respect?

Also I am pretty sure almost everyone had heard of Marco he was a heck of a player as a Sophmore. Besides anybody that looked at these boards knew about him you guys made sure of that.

When is a top ten ranking no respect?

Also I am pretty sure almost everyone had heard of Marco he was a heck of a player as a Sophmore. Besides anybody that looked at these boards knew about him you guys made sure of that.

I think he's referring to last year when Murphy was on 104.5 and couldn't remember Marco's name or whether or not he was a sophomore or Junior.

I think he's referring to last year when Murphy was on 104.5 and couldn't remember Marco's name or whether or not he was a sophomore or Junior.

That is bad, but I would hate to try and remember all the names, places and what grade of school each kid is in. I am sure it wasn't meant as disrespect even if it was percieved that way. Also I know everyone affiliated with region 5 & 6 sure remembers his name and most definitly what grade he is in.

I know some people may have me labled as a JB guy but I actually am not; as good as they were last year I felt that MP would be the team to beat them. I am however a Springfield guy so I am not far away and I do root for my county counter-part. I do believe if JB could have beaton MP last year they would have had a golden opportunity to win it all b/c I feel they matched up better w/ JCS than MP did.

Jo Byrns would not have beaten JCS last year. Period.

Jo Byrns would not have beaten JCS last year. Period.

Easy to state something as a fact that can't be proven. Last I checked anyone can beat anyone on any Friday night, and when you get that deep into the playoffs every team is a quality opponent. That being said I take nothing away from JCS they did a great job in winning state. I can see were the point could bemade that maybe JB would have matched up better than MtP did, but we will never know.

I hate to rain on the Jo Byrns parade, but this is not your year. I work with a couple of the parents and they are saying that this group is not as strong as the last couple of years. Definitely playoff worthy, but won't contend for state.

Yeah and parents know everything about football and should in fact take over the team and send the coaches packing b/c they are are inferior to the knowledge of the parents.....