Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

I'm pretty sure they want to do a complete investigation and then make a rulling on all the evidence at one time. Who knows what their time frame is but I would think sooner rather than later

Coach Chastain is the most honest person I know, he will tell the truth even if he gets himself in trouble, that comment mush have come from long and marcum

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will still have to sit out this year either way. They have already transfered. I'm pretty sure Coach Skogen is not the master mind of some scheme to shut town Temple's football program. I am beginning to believe his only involvement is in the pay vs tuition thing and nothing more.

If what Scott Chastain said on the radio yesterday and to TSSAA on Thursday, then Coach Skogen is a lot more involved than just the tuition situation. He would have allowed Eric Larson participate in spring practice when not a student enrolled at Temple.

Zone could you give me a bit of history on the Brentwood case? I recall that is was based on kids just recieving letters about BA and they didnt actually practive with the BA team. If that is true, then this Temple mess could be the worse thing that the TSSAA has had to deal with potentially?

In a nut shell Brentwood coaches sent letters to middle school kids who were coming to Brentwood and had already signed enrollment papers. He did this while they were still at their other schools before they actually attended Brentwood. Brentwood became a big mess because Brentwood sued. If I remember correctly Brentwood got 4 years probation, $3000 fine and 2 year playoff ban for football and boy's basketball. The Temple situation is worse than what occured at Brentwood so that should give some indication of how severe the punishment could be.

Zone or anyone, do we see any end to this? It seems there is enough evidence for TSSAA to make some sort of ruling, is it possible the will rule on what the have concrete evidence on, and then continue the investigation and see whatelse comes about, or do they normally wait until they have combed over everything, then rule all at once?

From all that we have seen in the amount of information on Coacht, the radio, Times Free Press, TSSAA comments, I believe that we will see a ruling on the tuition/ineligible players and CSAS kids illegal involvement in spring practice pretty soon. These charges are not being denied. They can rule on these and then keep the case open and continue to investigate. Unfortunately for Temple, the first wave of this may be enough to do them in.

I made a list of the major statements, etc. that Scott Chastain stated on the radio yesterday. I asked Noway to tell us which statements he was lying about. Pasture, you are now saying that he is lying. If you know what you are talking about, tell us which specific statements he lied about yesterday. If you or Noway continue to not respond, then can we assume that either you don't know what you guys are talking about or Chastain is telling the truth. Let us hear from you!

I think that Noway, Pasture and OldHops10 all share the same last name and I think that they all are very close to this whole situation.

If what Scott Chastain said on the radio yesterday and to TSSAA on Thursday, then Coach Skogen is a lot more involved than just the tuition situation. He would have allowed Eric Larson participate in spring practice when not a student enrolled at Temple.

Was Coach Skogen the head coach at the spring practice in question? I was thinking he took over that summer but I am not sure

There was no back up to the guy that was from Rhea Co. when he graduated. Skogens had a lot to lose if they didn't have a quarterback, then Larson showed up. I am not saying he was recruited.... his parents graduated from Temple so there is a logical connection. I said back then...(if I can find the post I will put it on)... I guarantee that Temple will have a quarterback after whats his name graduated.... and they did.

I don't have a problem with Larson transferring... he had a much better chance to play and throw the ball a lot. The only thing that is illegal was that he practiced while still a student at SE. Don't know how the administration could have allowed this.

Erik Larson practiced with Temple during the spring while he was a student at SE. This is another clear violation. This goes back to Skogen and Beard as the head coaches and Wadley as the AD.

What were they thinking? I know what Wadley was thinking... I am out of here.

Wadley did this with a kid name Steve Smith a few years back. He was at a small school Hamilton Heights or Hamilton Christian???

Thanks for the link. Indeed, the hammer has fallen. Ronnie Carter doesnt seem to be pulling any punches either. Its really gonna hurt Temple, a school that doesnt have much money, to pay back TSSAA for all those games. And being stripped of all the titles. It also kinda makes me upset how Kevin Skogen is totally just selling out Temple. The place where his kids grew up is now the same place he's trying to make look as bad as possible. I hate to see how this affects his reputation as a pastor. I feel bad for the new AD and the kids over there who have had nothing to do with this whole scenerio, but will have to pay the brunt of the consequences for it. But rules are rules, they have made their bed, now it's time for them to lie in it.

The new AD Caleb Marcum maked bad decsions from day one, he is an untrained kid that only had the job because his dad is the asst. pastor at Highland Park Church. If he had done the right thing to start with this would not have gone this far. I place all the blame on him.