Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The paper quoted the reason for firing Chastain was "dishonesty." Wouldn't you say the administration said the man was a liar?

Ok, I was just going by what you said. I thought you may have known of something specific that he had lied about. I don't know the man, I only know some of what he has said. I was wondering what all that he said had been a lie and I thought that you might have known specificly after this comment:

Nobody at Temple puts any credence in what Scott Chastain has to say about anything at this point. We are all tired of his lies and weak attempts to cover his own rear and take out his vengeance on the school. Scott's whole life revolved around being the head football coach and when he robbed himself of the privilege with his dishonesty and other questionable practices, he is lashing out and pouting about it. If you believe everything that Scott says, then you are very gullible. Scott has proven that he does not care who he hurts as long as he gets what he wants.

I guess that is what happens when you assume

If you can name one kid (who participated athletically) and has had some sort of impact (even miniscule) on a season-- who would not have gone to temple b/c of rules...or who illegally came to temple...I will give you 100 dollars....

The kids at temple- beat the kids from every other school- they dominated...that is why people are mad....

Larson would have still gone to temple- he just wouldn't have been aloud to participate in the spring...that would have changed nothing... the skogens, wadleys, mouws, were all deep temple people because of family... and you cannot name one kid who illegally participated in a season at temple....

Larson is as close as you can get and that was just sheer ignorance that allowed him to play in the spring...but he was enrolled in temple and had already paid his fines....he was coming to temple....no one else was illegally obtained....every kid that was there was there...and beat whatever school you are from in basketball (probably always) and football last year....this makes people mad...very mad apparently... and very bitter as well...so everyone just vent and keep venting b/c all you have are infractions of ignorance that have no affect on everything that temple has accomplished...

No one is denying the fact that the kids at Temple were good and pretty darn successful in various sports but the rules are the rules thats the whole point

You just named him. If Larson participated in the spring (which you should know) then he would have been ineligible for the 2006 season. You need my address for the $100

Larson is as close as you can get and that was just sheer ignorance that allowed him to play in the spring...but he was enrolled in temple and had already paid his fines....he was coming to temple....no one else was illegally obtained....every kid that was there was there...and beat whatever school you are from in basketball (probably always) and football last year....this makes people mad...very mad apparently... and very bitter as well...so everyone just vent and keep venting b/c all you have are infractions of ignorance that have no affect on everything that temple has accomplished...

Hey Zone isnt there something about attending the school for 3 days prior to practicing for the school? Just thought I read that somewhere. I could be wrong I have been before. Then, I didnt sign off on knowing the rules.

Pasture, you are saying that with all the experience that Dan Wadley had as a coach and as an athletic director that he was IGNORANT of the RULE that states that you cannot practice at a school unless you are enrolled and attending the school in question?!? This would not have been a mistake, it would have been a VIOLATION and a serious one.

Posted on: Aug 17 2007 - 11:16 PM

Manager

Group: Members

Member No.: 69,027

QUOTE(taydizzle @ Aug 17 2007 - 07:37 PM)

1.) Erik Larson practiced with Temple the spring before he enrolled- worse than the Brentwood case.

2.) CSAS kids ignored by Stump and Chastain because Chastain had no answer other than to blame Marcum.

What coach with any experiece would have to ask the question if this was right. I guess he could say that Skogen, Beard, and Wadley taught him the ropes.

3.) CSAS and Larson situation were neither one self reported by Temple.

4.) I thought that I heard Chastain refer to numerous kids involved in spring practice this year in addition to the CSAS kids.

5.) Chastain seemed to implicated Kell with the recruitment of the kid in state custody.

6.) If what Chastain said is correct about Larson practicing before enrolling, then his eligibility for his senior year should be in question for both football and basketball and Coach Wadley was "at the helm" when the ship was already off course........who knows what more is to come?

Only thing we can say without a doubt or an argument is SOMEONE IS LYING....we just don't know who yet!

Pasture, you continue that say Scott Chastain is a liar. Which of thes SIX things is he lying about and how do you know for sure? The Temple admnistration looks better if Chastain is a liar and worse if he is telling the truth!

If you can name one kid (who participated athletically) and has had some sort of impact (even miniscule) on a season-- who would not have gone to temple b/c of rules...or who illegally came to temple...I will give you 100 dollars....

The kids at temple- beat the kids from every other school- they dominated...that is why people are mad....

Larson would have still gone to temple- he just wouldn't have been aloud to participate in the spring...that would have changed nothing... the skogens, wadleys, mouws, were all deep temple people because of family... and you cannot name one kid who illegally participated in a season at temple....

Promise me that you will come back on here when these( infractions of ignorance) strip TT of past achievements.Who ever was involved in both sports plainly put (cheated).websters defines cheat in several ways here are a few!!! To deceive by trickery,swindle,to mislead,to elude,to practice fraud,get my hint .Change your name and picture before you try and make somebody buy into that stuff .

Hey Zone isnt there something about attending the school for 3 days prior to practicing for the school? Just thought I read that somewhere. I could be wrong I have been before. Then, I didnt sign off on knowing the rules.

Different situation on the 3 days. If you participate in 3 days practice with a school you would be ineligible to play with another school if you transfered.

In the handbook, it defines what enrollment, recruitment, etc. are but it I did not remember seeing anything in there adequately addressing spring practice for football. It seems to me, in spite of the enrollment definition, it should be considered unreasonable to not allow a student who is enrolled in another school, regardless of grade, to not participate in spring football practice in the new school to which he is transferring. It is customary for a student to enroll at Temple beginning around February/March. It seems to me that there is a little bit of flexibility there when we are talking about a practice that goes on during basically the last thirty days of the year and the boys are not practicing to play in any athletic contest beyond a scrimmage. The handbook says that a student can play for an independent team after a sport's season is over with. The two CSAS boys participating in the spring practice - even if it is a violation - should fall more in the category of value less than that of playing with an independent team, especially, since the handbook is not clear on the issue spring football practice.

It has nothing to do with independent teams, that section is talking about select type teams not associated with a school. You are correct that the rules don't address spring practice directly. You have to look at several areas and what it boils down to is if you are attending another school, be it middle school or HS, you can not participate with another school. That makes spring off limits to even middle schoolers who are in a different school but who are zoned to go to a certain HS (for example Red Bank Middle and Red Bank HS). If you are in the same school, ie attending that school, (for example Boyd and SP) then you can practice during spring. Fair, maybe not, but it is what it is. This is pretty common knowledge among coaches. It is an insurance coverage issue as well.

In the summer, once you are not attending the first school, you can practice before you actually attend at the school you are transfering to.